• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 5
    Options
    1c split pea soup as prepared and rewarmed
    z640rug9xjjx.jpg

For lunch, stuffed 1c saute mix veggies, 4 oz shred smoked turkey
    j2izs0l32o0n.jpg

Stirred in and warmed. Will also eat chilled on a super hot day or for cold fast leftover breakfast.
    42ln1yi0ilmi.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! Must admit it’s not soup weather here now. Won’t be til November. So definitely cold or room temp for me.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    hmmm.... if frozen peas are allowed i am getting a hankering for plan b (but less creamy) of making something with a bag of peas and carrots! :wink:
  • Adventurista
    edited June 6
    Options
    Frozen veggies, of course. Good for more than black eyes, lol

laa0lkxbweql.jpg

Saved up our bones from holidays to now for stock making. Yield 3 gallons defatted broth stored in 3 cup per ziplocks to use for soups, stews and sauces.

ba19ec545xo5.jpg

Paid nearly $5 USD for a quart carton the other day, so do appreciate the savings. The reason I explored making broths was for ingredient control/sodium reduction. If not for that, never bothered and puchased during holiday sales.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey! Are you on mountain or Pacific time ms adventure?

I started making soup and halfway there decided to split the potatoes, peas, carrots, sausage and onions in two and make half with broth and half with a jar of red wine and herb spaghetti sauce in the fridge

I am shocked at how good the sauce one has turned out. Have done tomato sauce with veggies and sauces often. But I don't think with potatoes!!!🤷‍♂️ Does it even exist as a concept????

Off to calculate calories while spooning the tomato one! 😎

lzhbxhow4d5k.jpg
    2h5lpsbi7rp0.jpg

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    I'll give the baking soda a try and see if I can convince him to give the soup another try? We've been eating it everyday for almost two years, but suddenly it started giving him gas????

I've been eating enough beans for enough years that my body seems fine digesting them now. But hey - maybe that will change too :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The main dish awesome

The sneaky candy bar (hazelnut kit Kat) 🚫 not an approved conducive to goals add on!🤯
  • Adventurista
    edited June 6
    Options
    Spaghetti flavored (rustic) bourginon stew? I can imagine the yum! Kit kat, lol, that too. House we bought had kit kats stashed everywhere, inside and out in nooks and crannies. Never heard why, but would have preferred to find old gold, any form, lol. Pacific time.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are really expanding your Chefness, PAV!

I've added potatoes to tomato sauce after oversalting a BIG pot (with all of my seasons tomatoes in it!!!!)

The potatoes were amazing when I fished them out of the sauce and made them their own dish after they soaked up some of the salt.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    Lunch, but close enough. 3oz ham, 1 egg fried with the lightest spritz of non-stick spray and an air fried hashbrown patty
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well... no where near as intricate! Nuked riced California mix (517g 152Cal). Nuked one of the Crave sausage chicken pasta thingies I got on sale a while back (450 nominal, 488 by weight). Added about half the cali mix to the crave din and reserved the rest.... and off we go for a sweltering! (27C/79F 55% humidity :wink:) doggie pitter patter!
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 8
    Options
    Phtttt - sweltering! How about 95 with about 50% humidity? And that’s considered low humidity. Heat index is 104 degrees.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi all … sorry for not posting ….
    Hope everyone is ok and doing well!
    Lots of gorgeous looking foods ^^^^^ love the homemade broth @PAV8888 …..still upset’ish colon ‘ere …..Up to mashed spuds & some chicken gravy here & there, but mainly white toast! .. and water - has become nature’s champagne!

Stepped on scales today & is a bit scary ….Over last 3 weeks have lost alarming amount of weight & feeling yuck, but not so yuk this past few days thankfully!
    Pretty much house bound - hardly doing anything, but have won 1st prize for sleeping! Washed out!
    Can feel my leg muscles are weak - finding it harder to climb stairs at mo 😯 Amazing what a month of illness does eh?
    Will have to start a bit of gentle resistance training here 🏋️‍♀️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So sorry you’re not feeling well Ms. Tea😥. Hope you’re going to have some better days ahead. This is no way to lose weight …..
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey ma tea maybe some nice protein rich milk based products when you can tolerate them? Of course if you've been very low in calorie intake you're going to be feeling unsteady but a couple of days of gentle standing on your feet and meandering and you're going to be as good as almost new!!!! 👍
  • PAV8888
    edited June 8
    Options
    Oh why oh why did I think that somebody would recognize my first world problems for what they are :) sweltering! (27C/79F 55% humidity. We kicked up one degree up from that and don't forget the burning sun so we run into the forest that feels 5- down😜😘

Very energetic in spite of beaver pond dunking!0kv7se0qy4mv.jpg

• Yoolypr
    edited June 8
    Options
    Supper tonight was the usual hot weather salad with a few ounces of protein thrown in. Looks like that will be in regular rotation for the next three months. So looking forward to going to Alaska in September.

Mr. PAV your “sweltering” daytime temp is close to our lowest temp of the day…..
    kex18ge6l24c.jpeg
    Nic can commiserate with me cause she’s in Alabama.
  • PAV8888
    edited June 8
    Options
    Using your strange notations:
    festrsnohtzh.png
    and using frenchie measurements:
    w1peyvcryoym.png
    Which, let's be honest, is pretty mild stuff!

Now... I know why CCCGG is CGC... look at the brain frying that is taking place there--in JUNE (mid August is usually peak temps!)
    3b16yu19nrj7.png

Her poor car almost gave up the other day with all four paws in the air and definitely butt burning!
    azsbb1n23i4t.png

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Poor CCCGG! I feel her pain. We expect hot summers but ease into it usually. I can’t imagine what to expect as the summer goes on. Actually the first day of summer is June 21 so the heat is way ahead of schedule.

I’ll be experimenting with cold food recipes. Salad nicoise, cold chicken, cereal with yogurt, tuna salad, ceviches. However I find warm/hot meals much more satisfying. But heating up the kitchen and me is not worth the effort.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's why there is the BBQ my friend! And the microwave! BBQ BTW can get all the veggies directly too... I've certainly cooked baby potatoes, corn, even LETTUCE I believe once in the BBQ! (well if it wasn't lettuce it was something else green and crunchy that came out with char marks and was edible-ish ;-))