Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    Great example of tweezer food, Adventurista! I still can’t understand the appeal of artful placement of minute quantities of food and then charging $100 for that. Besides tweezer food obviously has had too many hands touching the food. For heaven’s sake- use a spoon or ladle and serve a decent meal.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    That is so funny!!!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making baked BBQ Chicken thighs, glazed carrots, and a box of pasta roni. Trying to eat what I have to cut back on costs the next few weeks.

• Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck …. Some meat tonight - lamb steaks marinaded in olive oil, lemon,thyme & rosemary. Going to serve it with some green beans & sugarsnap peas 😋
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    5ltcklr36y3j.jpg
    :D

Was my breakfast this morning - though definitely did not look chefy or refined - managed to keep slice of seeded wholemeal bread in, as well as the baked beans!

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    Tonight is grilled burgers. Mine will be 4oz of 92% Lean ground beef, 1 slice of oven bacon, 1 slice of 2% American cheese, mustard and sauteed onions, no bun. Then air fried frozen French fries and a little bit of salad.

Lunch is 2 pieces of breakfast ham, 1 egg and 1 white and 4oz sauteed mushrooms
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Beans and toast was a fav growing up.

Pondering oven roasted red pepper soup for hubby. Will be my 1st oven roasting attempt. To serve with chicken, beans, rice or taters for fathers day tonight.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Maybe not beans and toast for me. But a nice refried bean taco, now you’re talking! Or eggs and beans. I only get the non fat refried beans. If I was a purist I’d mash my own beans……
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Took hubby to In n Out for a big fat hamburger and fries. His favorite ❤️. We very rarely go out for burgers or even have them at home so it was a treat. And the burgers at In n Out are excellent. Not so wonderful calorie wise though. I had the double with single cheese for 580 calories plus about 100 calories of fries stolen from hubby.

So roughly 700 calories gone from my 1350 daily allotment. Today was a gym day and I had some extra calories to play with.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    Them allotments suck! A friend of mine, who I do admire, has started a new trend with his girl. They order a single meal that they share regardless of whether the restaurant will charge a split plate fee or not. As they're both in their 70s and have reduced activity compared to before full meals were adding up too many lbs
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 17
    Options
    Well it was Fathers Day and hubby was not about to share his burger 🍔. Besides we haven’t been there in over a year. So I enjoyed the big burger at lunch and compensated with a big salad for dinner. Interested to see what the scale says this morning?

I don’t think hubby and I could do a shared restaurant meal because we have vastly different tastes. It’s easier to order what I want and simply take half home for another meal later.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Using the last 4oz of Lean ground beef, going to sautee with onions and mushrooms and then add beef gravy. Maybe some steamed cauliflower with cheese. Dunno yet.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Making taco bowls tonight. Seasoned ground beef, lettuce, black olives, salsa, pepper jack cheese, sour cream, and guac. Will have it with a serving of tortilla chips. May also add some beans. Not sure yet.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Sounds tasty Athijade. It’s hard to go easy on the guacamole 🥑!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    The two samosas that made it home are 105g for the chicken and 113.5g for the veg. How long will they last?!?!?!?!?!? The two that didn't make it home are now RECORDED as 105g for the chicken and 113.5g for the veg :smiley: (OK: I admit it wasn't random: they were all fairly equal and if anything the bigger two were the one to make it home!

The wisdom of getting samosas? hmmm..... at a good 350 to 375Cal each not including chutney ... yeah, there's that! but traffic slow due to accident so parked about a 40 minute walk from home, got them at an Indian place.... and waddled home! I hear a rumor the girl wants to go poo near there tonight, so maybe we'll drive back from her outing! :wink:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I made a quesadilla thing: 2 of the "zero carb" small tortillas (14g carbs, 13 of which are fiber), 3oz of ham lunch meat, 1oz reduced-fat Cheddar cheese and a generous portion of stone-ground dijon mustard. Toasted it up in a pan till both sides were lightly browned, the cheese melted and the ham was hot. It took me a long time to eat, about 40 minutes, but we were also playing a card game.

If I was to do it again if use one Tortilla and more cheese.
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Soft boiled egg & soldiers here … giving colon a bit of a rest 🙄😉
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Creamtea42 wrote: »
    Soft boiled egg & soldiers here … giving colon a bit of a rest 🙄😉

Soldiers!?? No cannibalism I hope 🤞
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    😂😂😂honestly no cannibalism here! - just slice of bread, buttered & cut into strips to dip in the egg ….