Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    I’ll give you the microwave for some things but it’s a poor substitute - that goes for the air fryer and instapot. I like to roast, bake and do old school stuff. Because I’m old!

With BBQ is you gotta go outside to do it. Even hubby has given up on that in summer. Fun to do in winter though.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    That's where the reverse reality strikes!

See... our problem is that the house overheats in the late afternoon... at which point it is cooler outside than inside unless you have air con inside. Which is where the BBQ comes in. because if it has cooled a bit outside it is nicer to be there than turning on the air con! :smiley:

Of course if you have air con on all the time INSIDE is cooler... so I see where the BBQ doesn't work for you.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    AC is on 24-7 from beginning of May (this year April) until mid November at least. We keep the thermostat at 78 during the day, 76 at night. Otherwise the utility bill would be even higher. It’s never really as cool as I’d like especially at night. So less cooking makes for a cooler house.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    What I find interesting is that this is supposed to be good retirement weather! doesn't the extra heat like... exhaust you? :smile: What's wrong with moderation!!!!! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Poor pup, PAV - I've discovered with my girl and goddog how little tolerance black dogs have for heat/sun. They demand regular rests in the shade. I understand your venture into the woods!

You wouldn't catch me out walking in your temps, Yooly - do you go out much when the day is going full tilt? I'd be seeking/hiding in air conditioned spaces. Mid eighties I'll walk, not happily though - I'm crawling out of bed early on those days, trying to beat the heat. Can't believe I spent decades working in the full sun.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Some of your soaring temperatures & high humidity levels would be too hard for me…here in UK it is an unseasonably mild 13 degrees C
    About 32 Farenheit……

Soup & hot chocolate weather - Pouch, Jess & I are liking it, son (back from Taiwan) isn’t ☺️

Chicken soup (Shop bought, Covent Garden) with some bread & butter for supper here - was tasty & easy…..
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well then... 55.4F would be closer to 13C... 32F would yer mix of ice cubes in water!:smiley:

But I agree that too high or too low is a LOAD on the system and doesn't make for a happy PAV
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    It is 88° here with a heat index of 97 °. We are having grilled barbecue chicken thighs for dinner with cheese and bacon and sauteed onions. Some of us not me, are eating those on rolls as a sandwich. Then I am also making a Smokey Ranch chopped salad kit because it was marked down to $1.45.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Cooking up a storm!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Well then... 55.4F would be closer to 13C... 32F would yer mix of ice cubes …../quote]

Maths was never my strong point 😂 ……
    Cold ‘ish again here - fine by me!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making a steak and mushroom fried rice with kimchi.

Lunch with be a leftover Italian Sausage, baked beans, and corn (that I cut off the cob).
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Tonight is peppercorn Pork Tenderloin and sauteed vegetable blend of asparagus, red onions, and mushrooms.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I think that Nic would not thrive on 'jade's food and 'jade would think Nic's too individualized ;-)

Me... I added half a bag of riced veggies to a crave pulled chicken burrito bowl thingie!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Cheerios, yogurt, strawberries and a few walnuts for crunch. Yeah - too lazy to make a real effort. Lunch was okay so…….
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I actually called an audible and had two pieces of breakfast ham, 1 egg and 1.5 whites fried with some shredded cheese melted on top, and an air fried hashbrown patty.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 11
    Options
    Quick Pantry Convenience foods after busy day; frozen small meatballs, jar sauce, mini bowties, frozen green beans, grated parm. Still smackin lips over here, lol
    1cnmspm2qkvj.jpg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hey! THAT looks good... hmmm... how come I haven't been doing such advanced integration?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    I don't know, PAV. Your integrations seems very very advance - 4th level university advanced.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 11
    Options
    5ltcklr36y3j.jpg
    :D
  • PAV8888
    Options
    :lol:

:love: