Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options
1315316317318319321»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    See I forgot pecans! Thankfully I seldom get them by themselves. The more common ones around are peanuts/almonds/cashews obviously. But yeah... the honey roasted or varieties and things get dicey! pistachios in chocolate or caramelised in sugar (CCCGG brings those).. not good I tell ya!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    That’s one thing that grow well here - pecans! Loads of pecan farms/producers here. Pecan trees growing in parks. We have happy squirrels. 🐿️

Today was a small salad 🥗 , plain sweet potato 🍠 and a chunk of pork loin made in the air fryer. Later a big bowl of microwave plain popcorn 🍿 too.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Luv pistachios... in salads with craisins

Like pecan paired with dried figs or prunes as a snack... strikes my brain a bit like pecan pie
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hmmm .... I have pie mix.... trying to figure out a way to lower cal/multiply it! 😎 One of these days! 🤣
  • Adventurista
    edited June 29
    Options
    :D

Or go savory, wrap in bacon!
  • PAV8888
    edited June 29
    Options
    You want me to wrap butter tart pie mix, or light lemon pie mix, or chocolate pie mix in BACON 🥓 😋?

Not sure how my instant pudding purchase changed to pie mix but there is a very slight chance I got suckered in by "sale" pricing, again!!!🤑🤯🤷‍♂️

• PAV8888
    Options
    PS. Calories wise a quarter chicken white with corn on the cob no butter is really not a terrible deal... hmmmmm
  • Adventurista
    Options
    Yum!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 283 Member
    edited June 29
    Options
    Had a go at making spinach, basil & ricotta ravioli today - was fun, but faffy! …. Some burst 🙄served ‘em drizzled with some olive oil, toasted pine nuts, topped with some Parmesan cheese & served it with some green salad… was nice, worth the effort? Yeah think so! 😋
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Faffy - that describes it exactly. Hubby’s sainted Sicilian grandmother taught me to make ravioli. Even bought me a hand crank pasta machine to roll out the dough. Her recipe was finely ground beef, spinach, Parmesan cheese topped with a good tomato sauce. I once lost my mind and handmade ravioli for 20 young airmen. Like 350 ravioli! I did it in shifts and froze the ravioli until needed.

You’ve inspired me to try it again - but in much more moderate quantities.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    <shhhhh>
    <quiet>
    OK: nobody tell Yooly about fresh pasta including various types of ravioli that may be available at Costco or Walmart or Aldi or Kroger or H E B or whatever grocery stores they have in Texas!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    <shhhhh>
    <quiet>
    OK: nobody tell Yooly about fresh pasta including various types of ravioli that may be available at Costco or Walmart or Aldi or Kroger or H E B or whatever grocery stores they have in Texas!

Store bought fresh pasta just isn’t the same! Gotta make it by hand yourself - whole different taste. 👅
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 283 Member
    edited June 30
    Options
    I think I did enjoymaking ‘em …and I think they burst because I overcrowded ‘em once in the water to boil, stopped happening when put less in … maybe??

I agree @Yoolypr …I don’t think shop bought ones do taste as good, But making for 20 hungry airmen … think I’d pass there and buy!

I used pasta machine - as find it whilst cleaning out that part of the kitchen ….. took an age to put it together as old and no instruction manual ! 🙄😵‍💫

Tonight is OH’s Chicken Tikka Masala with his chapatti & rice 😍
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You really have to crimp those homemade ravioli well. And gently boil otherwise they do explode. I’ve made lasagna with homemade dough and the same filling. Kind of deconstructed ravioli. I generously use a thin tomato sauce and bake - it takes less bake time than store lasagna noodles. And much less FAFFY!

Had a half of a roast beef sub at a local place for lunch. About 300 calories. Tonight will be a salad topped with surimi.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    Tonight was grilled seasoned chicken thighs, sauteed green beans with mushrooms and onions and roasted red potatoes.