Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Friday
    PW: 246.3
    CW: 246.0 (loss .3 lbs) (I will take any loss since I have had headaches almost daily and dealing with my foot)
    LTD 4.8 lbs

Nice loss! I know how hard it is to lose weight when dealing with pain. It adds a entirely new layer to the process.

Thanks and yes it is hard to lose weight when dealing with pain ... I agree... I have promised myself never to give up again and I will not let my aches and pains stop me ... :) We got this <3<3
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good morning! First a daily check in for Thursday!
    1/27 Steps 6012
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    ❌close rings
    ❌steps 3,415
    ✅log food daily

So glad the February challenge starts Sunday. I ended the month with a 2.4 pound gain. It’s been a rough month between lockdown, dealing with my backing pain and the added layer of the groin injury. I have hope for February as I can start swimming again. I am hoping to get the binge eating under control. Hello February!!!

I am getting my fourth Covid vaccine today. I am hoping I don’t feel too rough tomorrow. I moved it to today from Sunday as I want nothing interfering with the pool on Monday.

Happy FriYAY!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Friday
    CW: 246.0 (loss .3 lbs) (I will take any loss since I have had headaches almost daily and dealing with my foot)
    LTD 4.8 lbs

Nice loss! I know how hard it is to lose weight when dealing with pain. It adds a entirely new layer to the process.

Thanks and yes it is hard to lose weight when dealing with pain ... I agree... I have promised myself never to give up again and I will not let my aches and pains stop me ... :) We got this <3<3

I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Only 3 more days of lockdown. I think of the million lockdowns we have been in this last few years this was the toughest. The pool is like morphine for me. I get 1.5 hours of pain relief.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Friday
    LTD 4.8 lbs

I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Only 3 more days of lockdown. I think of the million lockdowns we have been in this last few years this was the toughest. The pool is like morphine for me. I get 1.5 hours of pain relief.

It has been a tough 3 years with this covid stuff... I am so glad to have been homeschooling my daughter since she started school ...and not having to deal with public school....I am happy that the pool is opening back up for you and that you can get some pain relief ... I am looking forward to using my pool this summer... I am also looking forward to walking and using my home gym in February ...I will just deal with the pain in my foot like I have been (will just walk 3 days instead of 5 )
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    A hearty welcome to our new teammates for February.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new milestone Roger! Your progress and consistency has been phenomenal! 🎉
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 240.6
    CW: 237.4. -3.2 LB
    LTD: - 329.2 LB

Awesome loss Roger ... You are an inspiration to all :)
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    87tasxieb13g.jpg

These are my silly 2 furbabies with my daughter Alyssa

Dakota the GS and Aspen the Husky (these were taking in 2019)

Beauties!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    87tasxieb13g.jpg

These are my silly 2 furbabies with my daughter Alyssa

Dakota the GS and Aspen the Husky (these were taking in 2019)

Beauties!

Thank you Jodi :)
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 OMG yes exhausted from the storm and I had to stay at work until 9pm for a board meeting last night so I just want to sleep today! Can't wait for tomorrow (Sat) for a good sleep in.

One thing I keep hearing a lot from people at the moment now that I've been doing this for 3 months is "Oh it must be getting easier right? You must feel really good and have heaps of energy!" No no no, sorry it's still really f***ing hard every single day to make good food choices, no I haven't suddenly developed a love for salad, no I don't bounce out of bed each day with a spring in my step. Honestly its getting harder and harder not to give up. I love seeing the weight loss but the knowledge that every single day I have to choose not to eat the things I really want to eat is hard. It's an addiction and I fight it every day, an alcoholic doesn't suddenly wake up one day and stop craving alcohol, this is the same thing. Sorry just needed to rant.

On the plus side, even though I'm not measuring myself by my BMI as I know that's an outdated measurement I did run it again just to see how it was going and I have dropped from 36.3 to 32.4 since I started. That still counts as obese but it's a heck of a drop in 3 months so just another way to encourage myself and see some progress.

Awesome results! I know you can’t eat certain things because of your liver but there are all kinds of recipes for foods that you may love but you can lighten up. It’s hard dealing with food cravings but personally I would have given up long ago if I didn’t allow certain treats. Potato chips are one of my most favourite foods. I keep a bowl with hallowe’en size bags on top of the cupboard so I can’t reach. My husband gets me a bag and just one bag when I want one. My dietitian tells me there are no bad foods it all comes down to moderation and how often you have it.

Linda, I so applaud your ability to moderate! I really struggle with that, particularly around sugar or anything made of potato. :smile: For myself I really can't have these things in the house and since it's just me and the dog most of the time and she never does the grocery shopping - lazy dog! - I can make that happen. If I have a bag of cookies, it's almost like I zombie out and the next thing I know I'm sitting there with crumbs all over my shirt and an empty bag. If we go out - and we do, several times a week - I might enjoy a dessert of some sort if they look really good, but otherwise I work to not indulge.

@Pippin20206 I feel you and sometimes ranting is great for the soul! I lost myself in binge eating for a few years recently and gained over 50lbs. I felt completely out of control. I'd eat massive quantities of food when I was alone, sometimes until I was sick. It was a struggle every minute when I decided to take control of that - like I suspect it is for an alcoholic - and I still feel the pull and occasionally give in. Every day I'm able to live the way that I want, as opposed to living my eating disorder, I have a little party in my brain before I go to bed, congratulating myself. When my binge was full on raging, I'd eat crap that really wasn't even that good - just because it was sugary or super carb-y or whatever. Now I focus on making what I want to eat (to be healthy) super delicious. Congratulations on your loss. It's great!
  • 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself?

I'm a 56 year old woman, three adult children, 2 grandsons. One pup, and at the present moment, 1 cat (my daughters as she cannot have it at her rental). I work full time - two days remote. I also picked up a part-time job three evenings per week as I was feeling a little bit of the empty nest.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

Time to get healthy. I know what to do - I just need to get motivated and DO IT!!

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Night time snacking is going to be the death of me. I try to fill up on water throughout the day and also leave at least a few calories for something to curb my craving. Sometimes it just does help - I still go overboard.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

No necessarily. I do try to keep an eye on carbs though.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

Haven't found this yet. I used to walk 4-6 miles three days a week with my best friend, but she passed over a year ago and I just haven't been able to get back to it.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

This month I'd like to drop 5 pounds. I would also like to get moving in one way or another.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

Motivation is my biggest expectation. If I have to check in and be accountable, I might be more apt to actually do what I need to do.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2022
    Options
    JodiSW
    PW: 166.6
    CW: 164.0

Great loss ...Congrats :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself?

I'm a 56 year old woman, three adult children, 2 grandsons. One pup, and at the present moment, 1 cat (my daughters as she cannot have it at her rental). I work full time - two days remote. I also picked up a part-time job three evenings per week as I was feeling a little bit of the empty nest.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

Time to get healthy. I know what to do - I just need to get motivated and DO IT!!

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Night time snacking is going to be the death of me. I try to fill up on water throughout the day and also leave at least a few calories for something to curb my craving. Sometimes it just does help - I still go overboard.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

No necessarily. I do try to keep an eye on carbs though.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

Haven't found this yet. I used to walk 4-6 miles three days a week with my best friend, but she passed over a year ago and I just haven't been able to get back to it.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

This month I'd like to drop 5 pounds. I would also like to get moving in one way or another.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

Motivation is my biggest expectation. If I have to check in and be accountable, I might be more apt to actually do what I need to do.

Welcome to our awesome team :) So happy to have you join us
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    JodiSW
    PW: 166.6
    CW: 164.0

Awesome loss! That is so good you tamed the binge eating. I did therapy for my binge eating disorder 3 years ago. I understand eating to the point you feel sick. Even with my therapy it still rears it’s ugly head. Usually this happens when I am stressed. My focus this month is to chop the head off. You are so insightful with your eating. I like the way to talk to yourself. I like the idea of having a party in my head. I also wrote down your thought from the other day so I can use it.
This discussion has been closed.