@littleflutterby 7/7
    @MeowScout 3/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 6/7
    @mari_moulin 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams 6/7
    @JodiSW 2/7
    @Jpedno 3/7
    Great Job Everyone :):):):):)

Whoa @mari_moulin and @Megan_smartiepants1970! That's some crazy steps!

Color me impressed and inspired!

Thanks Jodi... It would be more if I was walking with my daughter and Husky.. but right now I am in a boot while on my feet .... I go to see my podiatrist this afternoon to get the results of the X-rays... I am just not wanting to hear bad news ... I have a screw in my right foot due to having many stress fractures ....I am hoping that my left foot wont have the same ...If all goes right I am hoping to walk 3 days a week in February and do my home gym 2 days a week
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 219.0
    CW: 218.2
    😀
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,227 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    😀

Great loss :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,527 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    😀

Nice loss!
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    f3gzt1ivotr4.jpg

January Week 3 Results:
    Top 5 Steppers Are:
    1st @mari_moulin - 120,354 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 105,763 steps
    3rd @rwood566 - 66,380 steps
    4th @JodiSW - 63,161 steps
    5th @littleflutterby - 63,141 steps
    Awesome Job Everyone :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 854, 706 steps
    Well Done Everyone :):):):)

Recognizing Everyone Who Pledged Their Steps:

@lindamtuck2018 5/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @Pippin20206 3/7
    @red1185 3/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @tahm42 7/7
    @peng123 3/7
    @littleflutterby 7/7
    @MeowScout 3/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 6/7
    @mari_moulin 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams 6/7
    @JodiSW 2/7
    @Jpedno 3/7

Thanks Jodi... It would be more if I was walking with my daughter and Husky.. but right now I am in a boot while on my feet .... I go to see my podiatrist this afternoon to get the results of the X-rays... I am just not wanting to hear bad news ... I have a screw in my right foot due to having many stress fractures ....I am hoping that my left foot wont have the same ...If all goes right I am hoping to walk 3 days a week in February and do my home gym 2 days a week

I've been lazy with my baby - it's been cold and rainy here so it's playing with toys inside and running around the backyard. And of course, just staring at me accusingly while I pedal my exercise bike in the warm, dry living room. Like this!

My husky/german shepherd mix.

jq4uoquv1fda.jpg

• mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 OMG yes exhausted from the storm and I had to stay at work until 9pm for a board meeting last night so I just want to sleep today! Can't wait for tomorrow (Sat) for a good sleep in.

One thing I keep hearing a lot from people at the moment now that I've been doing this for 3 months is "Oh it must be getting easier right? You must feel really good and have heaps of energy!" No no no, sorry it's still really f***ing hard every single day to make good food choices, no I haven't suddenly developed a love for salad, no I don't bounce out of bed each day with a spring in my step. Honestly its getting harder and harder not to give up. I love seeing the weight loss but the knowledge that every single day I have to choose not to eat the things I really want to eat is hard. It's an addiction and I fight it every day, an alcoholic doesn't suddenly wake up one day and stop craving alcohol, this is the same thing. Sorry just needed to rant.

On the plus side, even though I'm not measuring myself by my BMI as I know that's an outdated measurement I did run it again just to see how it was going and I have dropped from 36.3 to 32.4 since I started. That still counts as obese but it's a heck of a drop in 3 months so just another way to encourage myself and see some progress.

Amazing results. I can appreciate all addiction is multi-layered and difficult in their own ways however, all other addictions could do without (i.e alcohol, smoking etc) whereas with food, it's a necessity to live!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

1/27:
    Calories: 1,128
    Exercise: 60 minutes strengthening exercises
    Steps: 8,912

@Pippin20206 I know exactly what you mean - and @mszoueb is correct - it's so difficult - I can only speak from my own experience that having a treat every day - and sticking only to foods I really love - has helped to make it easier - I haven't had even one salad this entire time - LOL - but I do eat fajitas, chili, pasta, fried rice, etc. - I've just changed up the way I make them and I've altered the portions so that I stay within my 1,200 calorie limit.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 9404
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining us .. Please welcome @2BThinAgain5 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    f3gzt1ivotr4.jpg

January Week 3 Results:
    Top 5 Steppers Are:
    1st @mari_moulin - 120,354 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 105,763 steps
    3rd @rwood566 - 66,380 steps
    4th @JodiSW - 63,161 steps
    5th @littleflutterby - 63,141 steps
    Awesome Job Everyone :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 854, 706 steps
    Well Done Everyone :):):):)

Recognizing Everyone Who Pledged Their Steps:

@lindamtuck2018 5/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @Pippin20206 3/7
    @red1185 3/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @tahm42 7/7
    @peng123 3/7
    @littleflutterby 7/7
    @MeowScout 3/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 6/7
    @mari_moulin 7/7
    @Beautyofdreams 6/7
    @JodiSW 2/7
    @Jpedno 3/7

I've been lazy with my baby - it's been cold and rainy here so it's playing with toys inside and running around the backyard. And of course, just staring at me accusingly while I pedal my exercise bike in the warm, dry living room. Like this!

My husky/german shepherd mix.

jq4uoquv1fda.jpg

Very Cute :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2022
    Options
    87tasxieb13g.jpg

These are my silly 2 furbabies with my daughter Alyssa

Dakota the GS and Aspen the Husky (these were taking in 2019)

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Hi all. My name is Roger and I am OVERWEIGHT!! The weight clinic did my BMI and a am now officially overweight. This is the first time since about 1990.

Check in for 1/27:
    Steps - 6154
    Calories - 1600. Popcorn for dessert.
    Exercise - none. Grocery shopping twice. Meeting in the morning.

That is fantastic! It must be a great feeling!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/27
    Step count 7651
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 OMG yes exhausted from the storm and I had to stay at work until 9pm for a board meeting last night so I just want to sleep today! Can't wait for tomorrow (Sat) for a good sleep in.

One thing I keep hearing a lot from people at the moment now that I've been doing this for 3 months is "Oh it must be getting easier right? You must feel really good and have heaps of energy!" No no no, sorry it's still really f***ing hard every single day to make good food choices, no I haven't suddenly developed a love for salad, no I don't bounce out of bed each day with a spring in my step. Honestly its getting harder and harder not to give up. I love seeing the weight loss but the knowledge that every single day I have to choose not to eat the things I really want to eat is hard. It's an addiction and I fight it every day, an alcoholic doesn't suddenly wake up one day and stop craving alcohol, this is the same thing. Sorry just needed to rant.

On the plus side, even though I'm not measuring myself by my BMI as I know that's an outdated measurement I did run it again just to see how it was going and I have dropped from 36.3 to 32.4 since I started. That still counts as obese but it's a heck of a drop in 3 months so just another way to encourage myself and see some progress.

Awesome results! I know you can’t eat certain things because of your liver but there are all kinds of recipes for foods that you may love but you can lighten up. It’s hard dealing with food cravings but personally I would have given up long ago if I didn’t allow certain treats. Potato chips are one of my most favourite foods. I keep a bowl with hallowe’en size bags on top of the cupboard so I can’t reach. My husband gets me a bag and just one bag when I want one. My dietitian tells me there are no bad foods it all comes down to moderation and how often you have it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Friday
    PW: 246.3
    CW: 246.0 (loss .3 lbs) (I will take any loss since I have had headaches almost daily and dealing with my foot)
    LTD 4.8 lbs

Nice loss! I know how hard it is to lose weight when dealing with pain. It adds a entirely new layer to the process.
This discussion has been closed.