1st - The Slimsons. - 0.38%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.23%
    3rd - Belly Flats. - 0.21%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory

1st - @cmhubbard92. - 2.82%
    2nd - @Krysless2. - 1.20%
    3rd - @Mrscanmore. - 1.14%

Congratulations, Christine (@cmhubbard92) for being the Overall Biggest Loser for the last week of January! Rounding out the top three Big Butts for the week were Krystal (@Krysless2) and Karen (@Mrscanmore), respectively. Well done to all three of you for finishing the month very strongly!

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello, TBBT. I am not dead. I am just a barely functioning human. (If I think about it, this time of year is always really bad for me). However, I am not here to bring you down; I am here to do my job. I am working on MUAC results for this first week of February, so I should have them posted no later than Tuesday. Thank you soo much @cmhubbard92 for making sure the weights were updated and @DaffyGirl88 for continuing to be the consummate cheerleader and source of information for the group!

@HASWLRS
    I remember this being a busy time of year for you. Seems we have that in common! Stay focused on you now in the spare time and we hope to see all your insightful and cheerful posts when it slows down. It seems to me those you mentioned are a great help to you and all of us that look for the support here! I know I appreciate all here especially when I dont have too much time to post but come to read... its need to know I am not alone!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    JANUARY GRAND FINALE RESULTS

THE JANUARY'S BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... @Mrscanmore. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 6.24% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!

THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN JANUARY IS ..... THE BIG BUTT THEORY!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM BIG BUTT THEORY!

The Biggest Loser Is...

1st - @Mrscanmore. - 6.24%

2nd - @Jeffeo84. - 5.27%
    3rd - @MUSCLES4HUSTLES. - 5.14%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...

1st - The Big Butt Theory. - 1.58%

2nd - Belly Flats. - 1.43%
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 0.69%

The Big Butt Theory

2nd - @Krysless2. - 4.70%
    3rd - @Jenkindo. - 3.44%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost

1st - @Jeffeo84. - 16.6 lbs.
    2nd - @Mrscanmore. - 12.1 lbs.
    3rd - @MUSCLES4HUSTLES. - 10.4 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team

The Big Butt Theory - 56.0 lbs.

The Slimsons - 36.6 lbs.
    Belly Flats - 38.3 lbs.

January was an incredible month for team The Big Butt Theory!! We finished in first place and lost a whopping 56 pounds as a group resulting in a 1.58% weight loss!! Congratulations to everyone who worked hard and contributed to this great team success! And especially to our very own @Mrscanmore who was the Overall Biggest Loser for the month of January, losing 12.1 pounds, resulting in a 6.24% weight loss!! Congratulations, Karen!! You have been such an inspiration for team TBBT since joining us! Rounding out the top three Big Butts, respectively, with impressive months of their own are @Krysless2 (4.70% loss) and @JenKindo (3.44% loss). Well done, Krystal and Jen!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    Hello, TBBT. I am not dead. I am just a barely functioning human. (If I think about it, this time of year is always really bad for me). However, I am not here to bring you down; I am here to do my job. I am working on MUAC results for this first week of February, so I should have them posted no later than Tuesday. Thank you soo much @cmhubbard92 for making sure the weights were updated and @DaffyGirl88 for continuing to be the consummate cheerleader and source of information for the group!

@HASWLRS
    I remember this being a busy time of year for you. Seems we have that in common! Stay focused on you now in the spare time and we hope to see all your insightful and cheerful posts when it slows down. It seems to me those you mentioned are a great help to you and all of us that look for the support here! I know I appreciate all here especially when I dont have too much time to post but come to read... its need to know I am not alone!

@sandkp, thank you for your kind words <3 But, unfortunately, you are off by a good couple of months for our "busy season"; That starts in April when the farmers can get on their ground! No, I am just in a huge funk. However, I now have a couple of big life events to focus my energy on which, hopefully, will pull me forward. It looks like my parents will have a room in the retirement home come April and my son just bought a house with a closing date in March!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I'm sorry you have so much going on! I know I'm not that active within the group but I am doing my best to update weights when I see them and try to help :) I hope the stresses ease up soon! Just try to do one health positive thing each day to keep yourself somewhat focused(even if it's turning down an extra treat or pacing the house for a few minutes). I know you can get through it all :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS I'm sorry you have so much going on! I know I'm not that active within the group but I am doing my best to update weights when I see them and try to help :) I hope the stresses ease up soon! Just try to do one health positive thing each day to keep yourself somewhat focused(even if it's turning down an extra treat or pacing the house for a few minutes). I know you can get through it all :)

@cmhubbard92 Thank you, Christine! <3
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey hey am back, starting February as
    Starting weight - 143lb

Want to keep it up and get to my goal

@ashleymullo6195 You are well on your way to your goal weight! Keep up the great work!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tuesday 1 February
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Well, whaddya think? Is Phil going to see his shadow this morning? 😊

@DaffyGirl88 Well, Wiarton Willie did NOT see his shadow and predicted an early spring, so that is the rodent prognosticator that I am choosing to follow. Sorry about your luck, Sue!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    2/6/2022
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: yes, 60 minutes spin, 55 minutes HIIT class
    Steps: 2,479(thanks spin, you killed my legs so I was lazy the rest of the day)

I made overnight oats to take to work for the next few mornings and have pre-logged it already. Most of the time, my lunch is a granola or fig bar with fruit, so I will most likely be sticking to that this week. I am trying my best to pre-plan this week, but anything can happen, and dinner is almost always a random decision! I have decided that I will be adding spin to my Tuesday/Thursday workouts, as long as it doesn't interrupt my sleep routine. It's a later class for me, but one that I think will help me reach my goals in the long run!

My little brother (@jmann234) has joined us here in TBBT, but hasn't made his way in to post yet. I look forward to him reaching his goals with the team!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone hope everyone had good weekend.
    I always struggle on weekends. Can you please let me know some tips not to go over board on a weekend.

Thank you.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Sunday (Day1; Wk2)
    Steps: 12422
    MUAC: Yes/Yes/Yes
    Sun-Sat💚🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    kkmark wrote: »
    I always struggle on weekends. Can you please let me know some tips not to go over board on a weekend.

Thank you.

Me too! My biggest advice is preplan, even better, log it! And try not to be spontaneous with your food choices: ie “OH I know! Let’s get Chinese for dinner!” ..none of that’!
    Just be realistic. If you know ultimately that you’re gonna go off the wagon, then plan it in the morning. But above all else: DRINK WATER AAAALL DAAAAY LOOONNNGG! I canNOT say that enough.
    i still struggle with weekends, but these tips help!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    Sunday 6 February
    Under: no
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited February 2022
    Options

@HASWLRS Glad you're still with us! :) Always happy to help the newer folks get situated. I'm here 9 hours a day M-Th and every other Friday so may as well make myself usefull. ;)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    JANUARY GRAND FINALE RESULTS

THE JANUARY'S BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... @Mrscanmore. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 6.24% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!

THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN JANUARY IS ..... THE BIG BUTT THEORY!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM BIG BUTT THEORY!

The Biggest Loser Is...

2nd - @Jeffeo84. - 5.27%
    3rd - @MUSCLES4HUSTLES. - 5.14%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...

1st - The Big Butt Theory. - 1.58%

2nd - Belly Flats. - 1.43%
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 0.69%

The Big Butt Theory

2nd - @Krysless2. - 4.70%
    3rd - @Jenkindo. - 3.44%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost

1st - @Jeffeo84. - 16.6 lbs.
    2nd - @Mrscanmore. - 12.1 lbs.
    3rd - @MUSCLES4HUSTLES. - 10.4 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team

The Big Butt Theory - 56.0 lbs.

The Slimsons - 36.6 lbs.
    Belly Flats - 38.3 lbs.

January was an incredible month for team The Big Butt Theory!! We finished in first place and lost a whopping 56 pounds as a group resulting in a 1.58% weight loss!! Congratulations to everyone who worked hard and contributed to this great team success! And especially to our very own @Mrscanmore who was the Overall Biggest Loser for the month of January, losing 12.1 pounds, resulting in a 6.24% weight loss!! Congratulations, Karen!! You have been such an inspiration for team TBBT since joining us! Rounding out the top three Big Butts, respectively, with impressive months of their own are @Krysless2 (4.70% loss) and @JenKindo (3.44% loss). Well done, Krystal and Jen!!

Great job everyone!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 1 February

@DaffyGirl88 Well, Wiarton Willie did NOT see his shadow and predicted an early spring, so that is the rodent prognosticator that I am choosing to follow. Sorry about your luck, Sue!

@HASWLRS I think I'll follow him too! LOL I'm tired of winter...
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 1 February

@HASWLRS I think I'll follow him too! LOL I'm tired of winter...

Funny, I had to Google him. I thought Groundhog Day was strictly an American thing, but you guys have THREE!!
  • sandkp
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »

@HASWLRS

@sandkp, thank you for your kind words <3 But, unfortunately, you are off by a good couple of months for our "busy season"; That starts in April when the farmers can get on their ground! No, I am just in a huge funk. However, I now have a couple of big life events to focus my energy on which, hopefully, will pull me forward. It looks like my parents will have a room in the retirement home come April and my son just bought a house with a closing date in March!

@HASWLRS
    LOL... guess I was a bit off in my memory but since April is still my busy season our busy time overlaps! I am going to claim 1/2 century Brain 🧠 on that "remember" 🤣

I believe I was in a similar funk several years ago when dealing with some of those same issues you have now. I can say since getting parents settled (as settled as we can) had helped to bring a normal back. Then COVID hit and nothing has been normal but we are all dealing with that! Wishing you and your parents a smooth transition to their new normal. And a huge congrats to your son...a new house is exciting. That is coming for my eldest this year too. (They are hoping by fall) Hoping you have a better week or two or three! 😉
  • sandkp
    Options
    kkmark wrote: »

Thank you.

@kkmark for me, metally gearing up for weekends helps. I know that they will be more open for my diet. The week I can do OMAD but the weekends I extend that window a bit and am flexible with certain foods. If we go out, I try to choose a salad and veggies over a loaded baked potato. Only half the steak or salmon instead. MY downfall used to be sweets but I just dont have that craving anymore. I take a bite of someones or eat half... kids love getting extra and hubs doesnt mind a bite or two less. Of course there are weekends when it all goes off the rails... you are talking to the bottle of wine this weekend girl 🤷‍♀️

I can say for me, my mental aspect is my major change this time around on my wl journey. I wont give up lunch with my bestie.. every two weeks for over 12 year now. I have that Dr. Pepper if I want. I eat the chips and salsa... but I usually pull back elsewhere at other times for eating. I dont usually change my exercise to overcompensate for food. Alot of times those small blips make a jump in scale the next day but they dont last.

Wishing you luck in your journey!
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @kkmark can you be more specific on what your struggle is? Are you having trouble tracking? Going over? By a little or a lot? Or throwing in the towel completely and bingeing the whole weekend? Different struggles call for different strategies. Barring that both @Krysless2 and @sandkp had good suggestions. Planning ahead is definitely a must. If you know you are going out to eat you can do two things, look up the menu online and choose the best option ahead of time (that way you don't have to look at the menu and be tempted by all the pretty pictures) AND adjust your calories a few days during the week to allow for the excess. I may exercise a little more, but not overly. As they say - you can't outrun a bad diet. :)
This discussion has been closed.