New here and would like friends

Options
Hi, I'm new here and would like friends so we can help and encourage each other on this weight loss journey. I'm Michele, just turned 49 on 1/20/22 and decided to make some changes in my life. I'm a Mom of 4 (ages 31, 22, 21, and 6) that has put everyone else's needs above my own for a long time, and as a result, I don't have any friends. It would be nice to take this journey with others who understand the challenges of parenting while trying to lose 50+lbs.

Replies

• UglyDucklingmfp
    UglyDucklingmfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a long life story about being overweight. Started MFP in 2019, lost some weight & gained most of it back after a series of operations last year. Had to lie on bed with legs elevated & almost no exercise. Need to lose about 150lb.
    My family think MFP is just an app that costs unneccary money. They don't think I will never lose weight and do not encourage me at all. I have no friends & would love to have you as one.
    I am 46, never married and no kids.
    My name is Elsa and I live in South Africa. Hope to hear back from you.
  • michelemorrill1
    michelemorrill1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @UglyDucklingmfp I understand about having family not supporting you. My husband even sabotaged my efforts some days, but I keep at it because I'm doing it for myself. You can do this and we can encourage each other on this journey.
  • lejones1208
    lejones1208 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Michele- Just turned 40 myself a few days ago! Hopefully we can motivate each other! ❤️
  • jsh082979
    jsh082979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I can use all the extra support and encouragement I can get. 😊
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me too 🥰
  • Lonewolf122400
    Lonewolf122400 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi , new here in my 40s. Please give me an add
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’ve had the app for years but only used it on and off. Circumstances have prompted a new motivation so would love some support as well. I’m early 40s, 3 kids, husband and a dog. No idea how to add friends so if anyone wants to send me an invite or tell me how to, would appreciate it. Thanks.
  • UglyDucklingmfp
    UglyDucklingmfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle! I feel so guilty for being quiet so long. I am now really spiralling downwards. I have only lost a bit of weight 4 times this whole year, and everytime I gained it back. I must lose about 65kg, but are staying on a plateau. Worst is I will possibly need another foot operation during August or around there.😪 One thing is going better. I am exercising quite often and I enjoy it - unfortunately it must be while I sit or lie down. But that's fine by me. If only I could again learn to eat right!! Sorry for my long soppy story...How are you doing? Exercise? Weight? Mentally? I would really love to know!! Hope to hear from you soon. 🙂🙃
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and a mom of a 3 and 5 year old. By the time I'm done with them for the day, I'm exhausted. I do best when people write to me directly. please feel free to reach out.
  • tampabookworm
    tampabookworm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and a mom of 2 (20 & 26) - finally time to get back to ME! Feel free to add me as a friend - looking for support and motivation as well!
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, feel free to add me as well. 48 years old. Have been struggling to get into shape for last few years and could really use some support!
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group. I can use the extra support as well. I am 42 year old mom of 3 ( 19,16,10). I work in healthcare very busy schedule. On this journey alone. Hubby is not doing it with me though I have tried he is not ready yet.
  • missygrant100
    missygrant100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tamevv wrote: »
    Hello. I’ve had the app for years but only used it on and off. Circumstances have prompted a new motivation so would love some support as well. I’m early 40s, 3 kids, husband and a dog. No idea how to add friends so if anyone wants to send me an invite or tell me how to, would appreciate it. Thanks.

Same here! No idea how to do anything really. I’ve had the app for years as well, my mom and sister and pals even started a group, but I never went on or looked at it at all. How DO you add friends? I want to start! I’m too young to be this tired and sore all the time… Feels like I’m in my 80s instead of my 40s.
  • melwilkins3
    melwilkins3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not new, but coming back after a long break! I could really use some extra motivation and new friends! Please feel free to add me :)
  • JaeWeeezy
    JaeWeeezy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I am 100% up for some new MFP connections! Hoping to see other info in my newsfeed 🤣 that will get me motivated and encouraging others too!
    Feel free to add me! If you can figure it out!