@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 2/20
    Step count 6065

Barely got my minimum in.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Sunday Funday Question

If money was no object, what would be your reward for reaching your goal weight?

To answer my question, travel would be my reward. I would like to see Europe.
  • KittyLady2
    KittyLady2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    "If money was no object, what would be your reward for reaching your goal weight?"

I traveled quite a bit when I was younger, throughout mainland America, some Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. (St Thomas & St John).

When I reach my goal Weight and I was financially & physically able, I would travel to Scotland, Israel, and throughout Europe.

Always had a desire to travel and not stay in one place. I'm single so if I was financially set that's what I would do travel everywhere. I really don't like staying in one place and I would love seeing all the amazing & wonderful places in this world 🌎 🌍 of ours.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    We are about to head out on our 1st walk in ummmm not sure how long ...I am going stir crazy being in my house
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member joining our marvelous team .. Please welcome @claudiaxcu :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Will be back shortly to get caught up on everyone's steps and such :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    tuxado wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Ya'll likely guessed it, but I am new to this challenge and will be joining in come March. Everyone has their story and I am no exception. My real name is Dazzy. I am 59 years old and consider myself still partially disabled. The docs say it is totally disabled. Durn docs, so discouraging eh?

Anyway, my struggle with weight has been a life long thing. There likely is not a single diet that I have not tried at one time or another. Same goes for exercise. At one time I could have opened up a gym as I had so many of various devices. Through a combination of short term diets and insane bursts of exercise, I managed to keep up a nice yoyo pattern of roughly 80#.

That is until about 10 years ago when my legs were crushed in an auto accident which left me in a wheelchair with lots of time to eat away my frustrations. Flash forward a few years and numerous surgeries, and I regained the ability to walk for short time frames. I also bloomed up to around 375# which I have been slowly whittling away. And poof, here I am.

Outside of the weight story, my life is pretty simple. I have no kids, 2 adorable cats who think they are better than kids. Due to the disability, I am "retired" and am still trying out new things to find both what I enjoy and what I physically can do to fill my time. Most of my current hobbies are sedentary things, like reading, painting, watching movies, etc.

I look forward to getting to know everyone as we journey through this next month.

-dazzy (aka tuxado)

Welcome to our very talkative team ...Looking forward to supporting you on your journey :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 2/21:
    Steps - 13184
    Calories - 1918. Higher than I want but I kept snacking during the day. Ugh. I did well at dinner though. Got a shredded chicken and black bean tostada. 420 cal.
    Exercise - walk in frigid, windy morning. 90 minutes. Haven't measured it yet but will be close to 5 miles.

Welcome to the team to all the new people.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @tuxado
    Welcome to the team! I wish you success in your weight loss journey.

@peng123
    Glad you are sticking to your plan even though life has go busy.

@mszoueb
    Fantastic loss! Great NSV’s. Sorry about your fall. How are you feeling today? Sometimes it takes a day before the aches and bruises from a fall show up.

@Beautyofdreams
    I never heard of that before but in Canada I think something like that would be covered but our healthcare system is very different than yours.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome walk!

@Outdoorsy_Canadian
    The weather was fabulous for Family day. I had every window open in the apartment and we sat on the balcony for awhile. A ravine walk sounds like a great family day activity.

@rwood566
    Great step day! You did well on calories given you celebrated your daughters birthday. Snacking got me the weekend with my granddaughter here. Those calories add up quickly.

@Pippin20206
    Your weight loss is amazing. Was the lap band appointment a doctor? You are averaging more than a pound a week. That is healthy weight loss. Great news on your liver. It’s been awhile since I had a scan but my last blood work my liver enzymes were up. Keep up the great work on your diet as it is really paying off with improving your health.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Final Week of February Challenge Question

What have you done well this month?

• 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

2/18=5187
    2/19=9022
    2/20=4906