Weight No More Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited February 2022
    Firstly, welcome to our newest members!!

Huge congrats again to our members who made it into the top three last week:

Way to represent Team Weight No More!

I think I'm on the cheer squad now and would like to finish Feb. Out from there, but hoping for March, I can be put back on the team and do right by my calories and lose some weight!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - We can definitely move you back to the weight loss team! Is there anything in particular we can do to help you be successful?

Sorry for the super late weigh in. It has been a crazy week and I was thinking weigh in was on Sunday 😟

@ruthieg68527 - Not a problem! Weighing in after the results are posted just means that your weight will not be included in the weekly summary post. I've got you updated in the spreadsheet and you are all set for this week!

JMNagain wrote: »
    Trying to log more consistently.
    I know I am late so ignore this, I am posting it for my own accountability:

@JMNagain - Don't worry about it - We've got you logged and loaded! Is there anything we can do to help hold you accountable? Having a team behind me always helps keep me on track. Maybe that will work for you.

ciaoder wrote: »
    Hey all. I’m new for the March challenge and have a book keeping question…with math. It’s been my habit to track my weight as a running 5 day average to eliminate the outlying numbers (I can swing 8 lbs pretty easy between Chinese food bloat or post workout dehydration). When I report my weekly can I use that average or should I stick to the numbers for the morning of?

@ciaoder - Firstly, love the username!

Secondly, you're welcome to use whichever value you'd like! I find, as long as I weigh in on the same day of the week under the same conditions, I can usually see the week-to-week changes. So, just pick a process and stick to it - no right or wrong way.

Hi there!

I need to be excused from this week's weigh-in, but I'll be back next week!

@seltzer_lover - You got it! See you in March!

melbann wrote: »
    NO TIME FRAME OR LIMITS. I am going for consistency not speed.

@melbann - YES! Love this mindset. It's the best way, in my opinion. Looking forward to having you with us!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    Y'all. Sorry I missed last week. Still sick.

Username GingerPwr
    PW 150
    CW 149
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    MistyGoes4Goal Posts: 18 Member
    Firstly, welcome to our newest members!!

I'm so, so happy to be here! Thanks for the warm welcome! I know @sherry999 from other challenges and she's amazing! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Happy Wednesday, Folks!

It's weird to think we're in the final week of the February challenge already. 2022 is just flying by! And now we're reaching that time of year where the majority of New Years' Resolutions have been abandoned, so consider this your reminder to maintain consistency! Eventually, those new habits you've developed will become part of your routine, and it'll feel more strange to forget than it will to remember.

Which leads me to an important question...

hdzo1hd4n4ts.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    ~ Step Challenge ~

I'll be honest, I almost completely forgot it was Wednesday. So, um, here we go?

Team Statistics:
    Steppers - 5
    Total Steps - 425,986
    Average Steps per Person - 85,197

Leaderboard:
    @JMNagain - 108,538 total | 15,505 average - Most Steps in One Day!!
    @motylekokruchy - 103,258 total | 14,751 average
    @IDebraK - 87,320 total | 12,474 average
    @ljdanny - 65,279 total | 9,326 average
    @TwinMama91521 - 61,591 total | 8,799 average - Most Consistent!!

Our small, but mighty, stepper team really brought their game this past week. I hope the challenge has helped you hold yourself accountable and stick with your healthy habits!

giphy.gif
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    February Week Four
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 146.4 (February 17th)
    CW (Current Weight): 145.5 (February 24th)

On my way to the airport but I was determined to hop on the scale this AM!
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    samuel860
    Tuesday weigh in
    Week: 4
    PW: 212.3
    CW: 214
  • limnological
    limnological Posts: 18 Member
    Forgot my weekly weigh in for Wednesday, but:
    Week 1 (Thursday): 166.6

This month, I'm proud that I restarted the weight training program after a ~ 2 week break. I had some digestive issues for a few days after leaning on dairy to increase protein, and took a break from the weights. As soon as I felt better, I just restarted. No drama. Didn't wait for a Monday or anything.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    February Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 183.2 (February 16th)
    CW (Current Weight): 183.4 (February 24th)

Loss to date: 87.7 lbs

Honestly I expected a larger increase since all my spare time has been focused on the details of buying/selling home and preparing for move/packing. One more week!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Had my eighth radiation treatment today. So far, good with few side effects. I do have some pain where the pressure plate is pressed into my abdomen just below the diaphragm, could be a bruise or inflammation. Just 17 more to go!
    Congrats to all the losers and maintainers here. Keep on keepin on
  • MistyGoes4Goal
    MistyGoes4Goal Posts: 18 Member
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Had my eighth radiation treatment today. So far, good with few side effects. I do have some pain where the pressure plate is pressed into my abdomen just below the diaphragm, could be a bruise or inflammation. Just 17 more to go!
    Congrats to all the losers and maintainers here. Keep on keepin on

Hang in there! The end of the series is within sight! I had 36 of them years ago during my first diagnosis. It feels good when you've completed all of the treatments and can put the experience behind you (and move on to the rest of your life!). I hope that the pain is resolved soon and that the side effects are minimal!
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    Username: TwinMama91521
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 148.2
    CW (Current Weight): 148.0

Well. I wasn't expecting a huge loss this week because I've had a few really good weeks, but was honestly thinking it would be a bit more than it is. Sorry all, I'm not contributing much to this week's competition. I'll do better next week!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Weigh Days

Hey folks, here's the weigh-ins I haven't received so far:

Earlier this Week -
    Today -
    Upcoming -
    If I have missed your check-in, please let me know! And if you need to be excused this week, now is the time to announce it. Remember, two missed weeks in a row results in being dropped from the team. Results are tallied early Sunday morning, so you're not technically late until after jugar has completed her calculations.

Other Updates

About the Step Challenge:

I post results every Wednesday. Get your step counts to me before the post goes up and you are all set! It's never too late to join in on the challenge, and a little competition can do great things for consistency.

As for the new month starting next week:
    • There is no need to re-register - you are automatically registered for the next month unless you inform us otherwise
    • Your weigh day will remain the same
    • We will be in a new team thread - someone will post the link in here before the end of February
    • Be sure to post in the new thread early and often! The more you participate in the group, the more likely you are to stick with it.
  • ruthieg68527
    ruthieg68527 Posts: 52 Member
    Ruthieg68527
    February Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW: 185.9 (February 17th)
    CW: 185.9 (February 24th)

At least it is not a gain :/
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 185.3
    Cw 187
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    The weight dr gave me meds to try to help with my weight loss but it doesn't seem to be helping. My gastro dr wants me to ask my nutritionist about the low fodmap diet. Sometimes I just get so frustrated. Tomorrow I am going to the trampoline place with my granddaughters, hopefully I dont hurt myself, I am so accident prone but it looks like so much fun. I will definitely get a workout there.
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Week 4 Weigh In

LiveLaughLove1969
    Weigh In day: Friday
    PW: 172.8
    CW: 173
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    tfjfomelexw5.png

Time to set up your March 2022 Habit Tracker!
    Now is the time to think ahead about the next month. What habits do you need to put into place to take you one step at a time, one day at a time, towards your goals? The Fat2Fit habit tracker is simple to use - just enter up to 5 habits, and check them off every day you do them. The green check marks are mighty nice! It helps to have a graphic reminder of how you are doing, and how you will get to your goals if you keep it up.

Go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10857488/fat2fit-habit-tracker-march-2022#latest

Follow the simple instructions and set it up! Be ready to start earning green check marks on Sunday :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.