Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ya'll! This week has been really busy. I stayed tuned into my meals and it paid off. I haven't had anything processed all week long. Just protein and veggies!

Username: melissadreed903 (people call me Mel) ♥
    PW: 235
    CW: 227

I need to "up" my water intake.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 is this the correct format? Do I add anything else?

That is the correct format ... Great loss ...Congrats

Are you wanting to be added to the step challenge? I do have a converter chart where I can turn most exercises into steps ..I hope you consider joining :)

Yes! Please add me to the step challenge. I have a VERY SEDENTARY job and I love challenging myself. Thank you so very much!

Awesome ... Please give me a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps daily or weekly which ever you want to do ...I always send out a friendly reminder on Sunday's of the people's steps I need ..if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me :)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Look at all the amazing losses this week! Congratulations!! Go Downsizers!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Question

Do you eat back your exercise calories? I have been and I wonder if this is what’s stalling my weight loss.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question

Do you eat back your exercise calories? I have been and I wonder if this is what’s stalling my weight loss.

MFP is set up to eat back your exercise calories ...When I work out I ate most of my exercise calories ...for people who do not have a fitbit or apple watch they just eat 1/2 of their exercise calories ...I hope that helps :)
  • tuxado
    tuxado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tuxado

PW: 311
    CW: 310
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Question

@lindamtuck2018 I have never eaten any of my exercise calories.
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Tough 1st week got Covid but not let it stop me weights every day and eating healthy every day. Must say I feel better for it. Weigh in Sunday my pledge tomorrow is a run/ cycle to hit 350 calories. Weekly shop also now bought in advance / delivered to get prepped for the week. £6/month to get shopping delivered seems like a no brainer!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ya'll! This week has been really busy. I stayed tuned into my meals and it paid off. I haven't had anything processed all week long. Just protein and veggies!

Are you wanting to be added to the step challenge? I do have a converter chart where I can turn most exercises into steps ..I hope you consider joining :)

Yes! Please add me to the step challenge. I have a VERY SEDENTARY job and I love challenging myself. Thank you so very much!

Awesome ... Please give me a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps daily or weekly which ever you want to do ...I always send out a friendly reminder on Sunday's of the people's steps I need ..if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me :)

Girl, at this time, let me have 5,000 steps. I will challenge myself daily and go from there and see how I do, lol. Lawd have mercy....
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Girl, at this time, let me have 5,000 steps. I will challenge myself daily and go from there and see how I do, lol. Lawd have mercy....

You got this :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Tough 1st week got Covid but not let it stop me weights every day and eating healthy every day. Must say I feel better for it. Weigh in Sunday my pledge tomorrow is a run/ cycle to hit 350 calories. Weekly shop also now bought in advance / delivered to get prepped for the week. £6/month to get shopping delivered seems like a no brainer!

oh no I hope you feel better soon ...Are you wanting to be added to our step challenge ? If so just give me a step pledge that you hit daily ...Remember I have a converter chart where I can convert your weights into steps
  • MOMWILLWIN66
    MOMWILLWIN66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry i missed my Monday weigh in, for some reason I thought I was to start on Monday 3/7. My weight was 239.6 Monday morning. I have been trying to exercise each day on my exercise bike for an hour, the last 3 days I took off due to a pain in the back of my ankle but I plan on getting back on tonight after dinner.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Sorry i missed my Monday weigh in, for some reason I thought I was to start on Monday 3/7. My weight was 239.6 Monday morning. I have been trying to exercise each day on my exercise bike for an hour, the last 3 days I took off due to a pain in the back of my ankle but I plan on getting back on tonight after dinner.

Welcome to our wonderful group :) Linda and I are here for you if you should have any questions or concerns :)
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 180.9
    CW 179.6
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Question

I don't. The count it says you burn can vary widely from site to site and how it is set up for you. I have received counts from 600 to 1000 for one walk. I am not getting any cal burn count for my weight lifting. I consider cal burn just bonus points for hard work.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Question

@lindamtuck2018 I have never eaten any of my exercise calories.

I think I am going to try the next week not eating them back and see what happens.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thanks for the response @Megan_smartiepants1970 @peng123 @rwood566
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congrats on everyone who had a loss!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

You're welcome :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Have had an emotional binge since Tuesday for reasons other than shrinking. Am coming to grips with my feelings and removed myself from the trigger situation. While weight is way up, measurements are not so think it is mostly food and water weight gains. No exercise for the week as have been taking care of things that had been putting off.

Am trying to work up the courage to post in the success forums for 2 year anniversary. It just feels like am not finished and still more to accomplish and not even certain if have done more than be mostly consistent.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I try to not eat my exercise calories back as to create a deficit or to leave some room for days I over indulge. Because my overall goal is to lose weight, I want a general calorie deficit.
This discussion has been closed.