Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Question

Do you eat back your exercise calories? I have been and I wonder if this is what’s stalling my weight loss.

I don’t eat my exercise calories back as a rule but I only have MFP set to lose 1 pound per week which gives me around 1600 calories per day. I don’t beat myself up if I exceed that since most days my Fitbit exercise calories adjustment is usually around 500-600 over and above the activity level I have on MFP. I’m really trying to learn to eat for hunger and in a way I can sustain long term.
  • tuxado
    tuxado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @gharvey2753
    So sorry to hear about the covid. I had a mild case of it earlier despite having the vaccines. Hope yours turns out that way too!

@lindamtuck2018
    Normally I do not eat my exercise calories back. But I also do not beat myself up if occasionally I dip into them. My focus is on a sustainable way of eating and I realize there are going to be occasions which do call for a bit more, just not every day.

Friday check in
    Calories: 1717
    Exercise:. 30 minutes chair yoga dance
    Fitbit steps: 5322*

* Not actual steps, merely used for calorie burn in mfp.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/4:
    Steps - 4978
    Calories - 1738
    Exercise - none.
    Phone call with Dr today. She will write a referral and hope a certain dr will get it. One dr will accept skin removal patients but 4 others almost always refuse.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/4
    Step count 10,648

No sweets or snacks! Yay, I made it all week without any added sugar.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Options

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 3/5

PW 240.6
    CW 238.6

Loss 2.0
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Tough 1st week got Covid but not let it stop me weights every day and eating healthy every day. Must say I feel better for it. Weigh in Sunday my pledge tomorrow is a run/ cycle to hit 350 calories. Weekly shop also now bought in advance / delivered to get prepped for the week. £6/month to get shopping delivered seems like a no brainer!

I wish getting groceries delivered was that low here. I had my groceries delivered a few times when we had Covid and were moving. The cost for delivery was around $16 each time. Do you order a week or a month in advance? It is a great way to avoid impulse food choices.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Have had an emotional binge since Tuesday for reasons other than shrinking. Am coming to grips with my feelings and removed myself from the trigger situation. While weight is way up, measurements are not so think it is mostly food and water weight gains. No exercise for the week as have been taking care of things that had been putting off.

Am trying to work up the courage to post in the success forums for 2 year anniversary. It just feels like am not finished and still more to accomplish and not even certain if have done more than be mostly consistent.

I think you should post. You have an amazing story to tell. I don’t think we are ever finished with weight loss. I never have been at maintenance but I think it is a new road on our journey. With your binges, it looks like you are becoming more aware that you are being triggered. Insight is a big step in managing binge eating. I know I am constantly learning reasons why I binge eat and how to manage those situations.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/4:
    Steps - 4978
    Calories - 1738
    Exercise - none.
    Phone call with Dr today. She will write a referral and hope a certain dr will get it. One dr will accept skin removal patients but 4 others almost always refuse.

I hope you get a doctor who accepts. Your weight loss journey is inspiring. You have worked hard and deserve to get the surgery.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 13,675
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 334/1500

On track to meet my monthly lap goal. Haven’t decided if I am going to swim or take a rest day. I will let you know tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Week 2 Team challenge: Let’s Travel!

We are going to have a fitness challenge this week. Let me know if you can open the document. The challenge starts tomorrow (March 6th) and runs until Saturday March 12th. If you have any questions, let me know. You can get a total of 200 points. Report your point total at the end of the challenge. Let us know where you have travelled to each day. Let’s get active and see the world!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    happy saturday everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi! she is working at her part time job today. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing this afternoon. later on, i will be taking some extra clothes out to the nearest clothing drop box. i like to help others whenever i can. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! have a great day, all! take care and stay safe.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    The March Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to go starting tomorrow, Sunday, March 6th. Join us as we Step into Spring!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858208/march-week-2-group-challenge-5k-x1-2-3-step-into-spring#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope you all are having a good weekend.
    Check in for 3/5:
    Steps - 10012
    Calories - 1830?? I went to sea world with daughter for a food celebration. Shared samplers. I accounted for them all but had to guess on calories. Had a very small dinner but a whole pint of ice cream for dessert. 500 cal. Ugh.
    Exercise - walking around sea world for 2 1/2 hours.

I rode a new roller coaster at the park. It goes straight down. After that drop it is easy.
    I like both of the challenges this week. They appear to be right up my alley. A lot of walking.
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    User name: Gwiz401
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    SW: 179.8
    PW: 174.6
    CW: 173.2
    LTD: 6.6

Galapagos Islands ... Here I come!!

I'll be missing weigh-in on 3/12 & 3/19.

When I return, I'm thinking of trying something radically different (for me) .... OPTAVIA .... for 1 month.

Anyone try this?
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Sunday
    gharvey2753
    SW: 184.2ibs
    Previous: 184.2ibs
    Current: 180.8ibs

Initial target = 165ibs, then look to target 150's
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Gwiz401 wrote: »
    User name: Gwiz401
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    SW: 179.8
    PW: 174.6
    CW: 173.2
    LTD: 6.6

Galapagos Islands ... Here I come!!

I'll be missing weigh-in on 3/12 & 3/19.

When I return, I'm thinking of trying something radically different (for me) .... OPTAVIA .... for 1 month.

Anyone try this?

Nice loss! Enjoy your trip. I am very jealous. I never heard of Optavia before. Is it a meal replacement diet?
This discussion has been closed.