Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    CW: 189.8

I really didn't want to post this. I know some of it's from birthday dinner and subsequent nights of cake (my husband made me carrot cake!) and some of it's from my stupid cycle.

But this past week has been pretty *kitten* despite the birthday and getting back to the gym. I've been once again ghosted by my master's supervisor. My company made a job for another engineer-in-training even though they told me they couldn't do that for me. It's hard not take that personally. And I've been experiencing a lot of pain. So my mental health baseline is just shot. But it's been shot for such a long time that I'm starting to wonder if that's just the new normal for me.

Here's hoping next week is better. I appreciate reading about everyone's successes and struggles. All your perseverance is inspiring!

I'm glad you posted, even if the birthday and other factors made it a number you aren't too fond of. At least you know exactly why it is that way, and it far from the worst splurge week gain I have ever seen!

I'm very sorry, though, to hear about your supervisor. I think it is time to go talk with the dean's office. There should be an associate dean (or vice-dean) who is responsible for graduate studies. This is terrible behaviour on the part of your supervisor, and I think you need to go ask for help. Take it personally, for sure - and make sure that your voice is heard. This is exactly what an associate dean is there for. As to work, that is another issue that needs to be brought to light. Get an advocate to go with you for both conversations if that helps. Plan your points in advance, and be strong - you certainly deserve better treatment or a clear explanation of why you are being treated this way. If it is unsatisfactory, I hope you are looking for another job. It is so hard, but having been an associate dean grad studies, I know that it is the way to go. For work, there must also be someone you can talk to who is above the people undercutting you. Those kinds of meetings can feel daunting, but it is always easier than it seems once you get into it. You're there to get help, and helping you is a big part of their jobs. Message me if you want some prep support :heart:

PS. Husband-made carrot cake is manna from heaven! Mine makes the best :wink: - but maybe they could have a recipe challenge!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @jugar I might take you up on that. This weekend is going to be my planning and thinking weekend about school and work. I vented to my mom and stepdad and hubby at a birthday breakfast and I have some thoughts about what to do next. I know hormones are making stuff worse. But hopefully I'll feel better about everything when the weekend is done
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    PW:87,7Kg
    CW:88,2Kg
    :o
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    The March Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to go starting tomorrow, Sunday, March 6th. Join us as we Step into Spring!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858208/march-week-2-group-challenge-5k-x1-2-3-step-into-spring#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is coming to a close! There are a few no-shows, and I hope you are still with us!
    @wendydpromos
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @mmarceau2

Ready to get week 2 rolling? Sunday people are on it!
    @YinxFed
    @wendydpromos
    @lonestarbabe
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @deniners2
    @Terytha
    @BlissfulK
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Week 1 is coming to a close! There are a few no-shows, and I hope you are still with us!
    @wendydpromos
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @mmarceau2

Ready to get week 2 rolling? Sunday people are on it!
    @YinxFed
    @wendydpromos
    @lonestarbabe
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @deniners2
    @Terytha
    @BlissfulK

@jugar

I think quinoa is going to set me back this week😬. I ate too much of it lol
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Kali225 That is great! A win over snacking and a bonus mile on your run - well done!
    j6peizklbv34.png

Skinny popcorn 😋
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    Steps👣 13836

Exercise👟 Abs, Arms, Legs (No weights)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 10,457
    Mon 14,345
    30 min intervals
    Tues 13,041
    20 min Barre
    Wed 12,900
    30 min lifting
    Thurs 11,137
    Fri 16,080
    Sat 6,944
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    3/4 exercise:
    11165 steps
    3/5 exercise:
    7459 steps, 62 Peloton, 10 strength

@Kali225 OMG YESSS the movie was SO good!!

@YinxFed Glad to have you back on the step team!

Going to a friend's kid's 3rd birthday party this morning. Plans for a walk and a Peloton ride as well.
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    PW: 139.2

CW: 139.6

Added 0.4 lbs. Hoping for a better week this week, Quinoa is finished, more veggies🥗 :)
This discussion has been closed.