Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Poor Joe! I hope he feels better soon. Smart move to stay home. That's good to meal plan right now, I hope it helps.

@Katmary71 Oh gosh what a long meeting! Have a great Sunday.

@Cornanda Thanks for asking. I wasn't looking forward to going, I have a lot to do (making a new piece to enter a show that the deadline is next Saturday) and I just wasn't in the mood. Well, it ended up being a waste of time, more or less. It was just other artists at the show and I didn't really talk to anyone, a few people. I did have a friend show up and that wasn't a waste of time. I just didn't want to be there. You should complain about that PA, that's awful. Your poor daughter, I hope you can figure something out soon. I'm glad you had some relaxation time with your family. That is odd weather.

Hi all. I woke up with a migraine. I need to clean the condo so that's not good. I did take some medication and hopefully it will help.

My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Exercise 3 days a week - No
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 25 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 220.5
    CW: 220.5
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    amioc wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @FushiaKat Let us know how you like the Vanilla Sea Salt Caramel bars! I enjoyed The Institute, it was the first Stephen King I'd read in awhile and it reminded me of a few of his others but not in a way that took away from it.

@Cornanda I definitely know what you mean, like you're having a last hurrah before you crack down again. Have a great weekend!

@gwamajtw91 Some weeks are like that, doesn't always make a lot of sense.

I downloaded a new document program so I can save what I'm responding to, my school Microsoft account expired so I've been unable to use it and that's why I keep losing stuff! I'm trying increasing the anti depressant I take for nerve pain and it's making me super drowsy but it helps so I'm going to play with it a bit and see if the tiredness dies down. I've been waking up a little earlier to get my workouts done in case my nephew needs me but he's been good the last few days. Not much else going on, have an HOA board meeting in the morning so I'll get up and work out before that and head over. Have a great weekend everyone!

Sorry for being nosy but is the medication you take for nerve pain pregabalin? (probably didn’t spell it right)

I take Pregabalin aka Lyrica, I have for about 9 years. It is an excellent medication for Fibromyalgia pain. It does take about 4 months to get really used to it, after that I didn't even notice. But if I go more than 2 hours past my time to take it, I am remined that I do have Fibromyalgia. I hope this helps. It is also used to help Diabetic's with nerve pain. I don't have any information on how that works for them.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    7nK2.gif

We've completed another week, folks! There were some impressive losses this past week, and incredible consistency across the board!

Take a look at last week's results in the links below:

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

2pc9hutlzk9p.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 270
    C. W. 270
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @amioc I don’t mind, I’m not taking Lyrica anymore, it wasn’t working for me when I tried it about two years ago though it used to help when my issues were primarily nerves that were injured through surgery versus CRPS, Neurontin (similar) didn’t work at all ever for me. I take Nortriptyline, an SSRI anti depressant (usually tried after Neurontin and Lyrica and Cymbalta is a new current favorite for nerve pain). I gained a ton of weight on Cymbalta so I wanted off of it or I would’ve needed diabetes medication again, I’m not gaining on Nortriptyline so it’s a better fit I just need to balance the tiredness. Are you on any of these? My Dad's been on both Neurontin and Lyrica and the latter helped more, he has spinal issues and has had multiple surgeries as congenital stenosis runs in his side of the family.

@Cornanda I’m sorry to hear about your daughter, is there any clue as to what it may be? The PA sounds like a jerk. It would be great if she could get some answers before going back to school. I’m glad your family had fun time together.

@trooworld I’m glad your friend was at the art show, I’m sure that made it better even though you didn’t want to be there. I hope your migraine was helped by the medication.

@Vegan4lyfe2022 @19shmoo69 @FushiaKat @amoic Way to go on the awesome loss totals team!

Hi everyone! It was a little overcast today but I’m trying leaving my seeds out tonight with a blanket over them, with cats that can’t go outside coming in and out with 8 trays is a pain so I’m hoping to avoid it. It’s going to rain Tuesday so it’s just for tonight, hopefully they’ll be okay. My parents came over for my Dad to help me with a few things then we went to Red Robin. I know I’m really lucky with the weather in CA but I’m ready for real Spring to kick in, especially with Daylight Savings. I finally went down a few pounds after months of the scale not moving, at the beginning of the year I wanted to be under 155 by May but I’m only at 152.2 so we’ll see, I can’t eat less or do more exercise than I’m currently doing. I did meditate today but my Mom brought me a couple cans of Diet Coke so soda is a bust for the day. I’m not buying it which was my main goal. Have a great Monday!
  • FushiaKat
    edited March 2022
    Options
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I did not do either today.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 3020 steps so far today.
    3) Weigh everyday - 167.6

I did not do well with the time change today. I did set all the clocks in the house but when I went to the market later, I didn't notice my car didn't change the time and I was so pleased with myself for getting home before 4pm, only to realize that it was actually 5pm, so I had to take care of the kitties right away after putting away the groceries. I have not taken my medication on time. It's just been a difficult day and I'm grumpy.

I wish somebody would take me out for Pizza and Beer. 🍕🍺😋

When does the Spring Challenge end? at the end of the month?
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    'username: Glombog
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW (March):02/21 246.0
    PW (Previous Weight): 02/28 238.1
    CW (Current Weight): 02/28 236.7

Short in from the Army. Not to much loss today, but back stronger next week😊
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    FushiaKat wrote: »
    @FushiaKat Let us know how you like the Vanilla Sea Salt Caramel bars! I enjoyed The Institute, it was the first Stephen King I'd read in awhile and it reminded me of a few of his others but not in a way that took away from it.

@Cornanda I definitely know what you mean, like you're having a last hurrah before you crack down again. Have a great weekend!

I downloaded a new document program so I can save what I'm responding to, my school Microsoft account expired so I've been unable to use it and that's why I keep losing stuff! I'm trying increasing the anti depressant I take for nerve pain and it's making me super drowsy but it helps so I'm going to play with it a bit and see if the tiredness dies down. I've been waking up a little earlier to get my workouts done in case my nephew needs me but he's been good the last few days. Not much else going on, have an HOA board meeting in the morning so I'll get up and work out before that and head over. Have a great weekend everyone!

Sorry for being nosy but is the medication you take for nerve pain pregabalin? (probably didn’t spell it right)

I take Pregabalin aka Lyrica, I have for about 9 years. It is an excellent medication for Fibromyalgia pain. It does take about 4 months to get really used to it, after that I didn't even notice. But if I go more than 2 hours past my time to take it, I am remined that I do have Fibromyalgia. I hope this helps. It is also used to help Diabetic's with nerve pain. I don't have any information on how that works for them.

Thank you, that’s great that it worked for you ☺️ I was just going to worn @Katmary71 about taking it. I’ve been on it for 6 years ish for anxiety and it made me gain a lot of weight 😕. I tried to gradually taper down but the withdrawals were to much for me to handle 😞
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Fatfifties (lis)
    Weigh in day monday

Current weight 220.8 lb
    Previous weight 221.8 lb
    Loss this week 1 lb

Loss since August 2021 55.2 lb
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    God morning All!!
    Busy day set for today I am off to the gym in a little bit. Then I have to tutor, help at United Way, go to a board meeting, and then back home. The scale hasn't kind tome the past couple of days but I guess I haven't been kind in my eating. I did forget to take my bp meds yesterday because it was another busy day. ;) I've been going to the gym each day so I do feel good about moving this body. I can even tell a difference in my clothes now. :p

It's a brand new day so I'm on it again. Let's go get it! B)
  • FUPA_B_GONE
    FUPA_B_GONE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Username: Fupa_B_Gone
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 231
    CW (Current Weight): 232

Sad T_T I do want to try the Spell Your Name in Exercises challenge
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday (3/13)
    PW: 183.6
    CW: 184.6

Not surprised since last week was a big loss, so not going to be mad about it!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 – I hope Joe gets a good burst of energy soon. Poor guy. And bless you for all the extra work. I know he’s your hubby and you happily help, but I’m sure it gets exhausting. Continued prayers for you both.
    @FushiaKat – What are you working on with the saw? I remember the butterfly, but not if there’s another project or a continuation of the first. And it sounds like you should keep the hubby hahaha got a good one there! Time change always gets me, too. I skipped church – didn’t even get out of bed until after 11am!
    @Katmary71 – I take meeting minutes for 7 different boards. Got myself a tiny recorder, just in case I miss something…or need to go potty. I feel your pain! I hope you enjoyed the time with your dad :smile:
    @Cornanda – Oh man. I hope your daughter gets diagnosed soon. That PA was ridiculous. I’m so sorry you both wasted your time there. Did you take her to the ER?
    @trooworld – That sucks about the art show, but hopefully it helps with getting your name out in the community. My older daughter just did an event Friday night selling her prints. It was at a goth bar, so the print she thought she’d sell the most of only sold 1, but a small grouping of 4 was super popular. You just never know. But I don’t think you or my daughter wasted any time. So that’s a positive, right? Hope your migraine stayed under control.

I’ve been staying on track with my eating. I have had a constant headache for 3 days now and I’m not sure if it’s the weather or something I ate or what. I think I might be going through the change. I get really hot and nauseous frequently. Been about 60 days since my last visit from TOM, so my fingers are crossed!

There’s something that has been bothering me since my Birthday back in January. I’m reminded of it every time I wear a specific outfit. I need to just unload about it here. When we (Hunter and I) went to the escape room, the owner (same age as me) checked us in and went through all the rules. Hunter was wearing her winter coat and he told her where she could hang up her coat. Then he looked at me. I was wearing a button up sweater with a tank top underneath (photo below). He told me, “But I don't need you to take your sweater off!” Just the WAY he said it really hurts. Like he didn't want to be disgusted by how my body looks under the sweater. And every time I wear the outfit (like I am today), that’s all I can think about. I don’t know why I can’t get over it.
    g13z5vcgb7bo.jpg

In the meantime, I will continue with good food choices and no soda. How long has the Spring Challenge been going on? Add 10 days to that and that is how long I’ve been soda-free :)

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

2022 Mantra: NO ZERO DAYS!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 190.8
    CW: 191.5 :/

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Been MIA for a couple of weeks, stress does that too me, withdraw and stress eat.
    I have decided to go back to work after being retired for 5 years, I had worked since I was 14 and for the last 15 years owned my own company. I had no idea how challenging it would be finding employment, this is something I haven’t really had a problem with, I was very lucky:).
    So it is time to get over it, I’m sure I will find something in due course. I need to get back on board, I haven’t even weighed myself in the last 2 weeks. Tomorrow morning I will weigh and start tracking today. Last week I couldn’t even go to the gym due to an injury (that is such a huge stress reliever for me), I was able to do a spin class yesterday, it was like a huge weight has lifted!! Here we go:):)
  • FushiaKat
    edited March 2022
    Options
    FushiaKat wrote: »

Thank you, that’s great that it worked for you ☺️ I was just going to worn @Katmary71 about taking it. I’ve been on it for 6 years ish for anxiety and it made me gain a lot of weight 😕. I tried to gradually taper down but the withdrawals were to much for me to handle 😞

When your weight became a problem, your doctor should have tried something else. Nobody should have to suffer thru weight gain when there is more than one medication available. There is Gabapentin and Lyrica. I tried Gabapentin first, it didn't work for me, so we switched to Lyrica. I could understand if it was the only one of that type. Anxiety is really difficult to deal with. I used to take anxiety medication; I didn't think it worked very well because I was still anxious. I still get anxiety, but now I found out that if I relax and drink super cold water that I can get thru it. I carry that water bottle with me everywhere. I think it forces my mind to think of something else. Plus I take Wellbutrin twice a day, and another medication at night for General Anxiety Disorder. It works extremely well but is expensive. I have a really good doctor and we spent several months trying different medications until we found the right combination. I forget the name of one, but it made me gain a lot of weight and I could not deal with that. It's not one size fits all. And each person has a different chemistry make up. I took Cymbalta and it made me want to kill myself. But it works well for other people. Did your doctor not understand how the weight gain would only increase your anxiety?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat Daylight savings is a pain, I'm sure you were thrown after being in the car thinking you were ahead of things! If you lived near me I'd love to take you for pizza and beer!

@amoic Thank you for thinking of me, I took it and Cymbalta when I hit my highest weight but also had quit smoking and my body was rejecting fusion hardware so I had a lot going on.

@askewcr So glad you can tell a difference in your clothes, it feels so good when you start seeing results!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Way to go on staying on track despite the headaches. I'm sorry to hear about the guy at the escape room, you look great, he would've been lucky to get a peek at you! The outfit looks amazing on you, I don't get why he would say that.

@laurelfit57 So glad you were able to go back to the gym yesterday. I hope you find something that fits you well for employment.

Today was going to be a down day but my nephew needed me, he went to school at lunch so at least he made half his classes. I came home, finished my workout, and the head of the food bank farm had forgotten to water at the greenhouse and asked me if I minded so I did that, finished the rest of my HOA stuff, made two cookie sheets of veggies, then the Skinnytaste Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatball which I always love. I was hoping to avoid filling my tank again this month as it's that or not get my supplement but I'll probably need gas by the end of the week as I have an appointment by my parent's house. I was really tired like I'm sure most of us were today and started working out late which ran into when my nephew needed me, definitely need to get up earlier tomorrow! I'm doing the challenge this week on this group but had to skip the planks, weirdly "Kathy" has three types of squats! Tomorrow's phone appointments so it shouldn't be too stressful. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @Vegan4lyfe2012 @19shmoo69 @FushiaKat @amioc Congrats on getting onto the leaderboard!

@Katmary71 Yes it did. Thanks, the migraine medication did help. :) Congrats on the scale going down.

@FushiaKat Good job with the steps! I didn't do well with the time change, either.

@Glombog Congrats on the loss! What do you mean not too much? That's a great loss!

@Fatfifties Congrats on the loss, well done!

@Vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks, yes definitely! That's great that your daughter sold some prints, you never know what is going to sell well. Yes, that's definitely a positive! Thanks. I'm sorry you've had a headache. I'm sorry about the escape room guy. Congrats on being soda-free!

Hi guys, I'm running late but I did make some good choices yesterday as well as some bad. I came home and meditated for 16 minutes because I had a stressful workday and that seemed to help.

1) Exercise 3 days a week - No
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 50 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 140.2
    CW. 144,6
    😞
This discussion has been closed.