Waistaways Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    @ashleycarole86 Thank you for letting me join the step challenge. I’m not sure I can commit to posting regularly at this time and would like to be taken off the list if I was added. Will continue to post weigh-ins. Thank you for all the motivation you give this team!☺️
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Happy Tuesday from North Carolina! OK, I'm way behind checking in with you all. I've been reading all of your entries and often "like" them or "hug" you. Now, to tell you how I've been doing. My flight from Burlington, VT to Charlotte, NC last Friday was lengthened due to the airport being fogged in and unable to let us land. After 1 1/2 hours or so on the ground to refuel in TN, we got back on the plane and finally made it to CLT.

When we first landed, I felt frantic for a few minutes sitting on the plane because I didn't know if real food was going to be available and when would I get to have lunch and, and, and. Wow! It's interesting that I'm so food motivated! I mean, I can understand when someone has survived extended times of hunger but I haven't, at least not in this life time. I heard the refrain from a song @jugar performed several years back. "...try to relax..." That eased the panicky feelings and as soon as I sat down in the terminal and ate a turkey sandwich with a large coffee, all was right with my world.

I admit that I've been over my calorie plan, eating ice cream in the dining room every night and sometimes having a few thin cookies similar to digestive biscuits. They've hit the spot.
    I'll be in the pool later today to get some of my gentle exercises in for my shoulder and I'm sure we'll be walking in and around the clinic for Mom's Neuro appointment later this morning. Tomorrow morning will be another fitness class (in person, no less!) and that makes even more official exercise this week than I've had for the whole winter. Every bit helps!

The day is filled with wonderment. Let's keep our eyes peeled for it and enjoy the process as it unfolds.
    Glad you made it back safely, @jugar! Great to have time in person this weekend. :smile:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @micki48 Sending good vibes for your sisters surgery! Please keep us updated. Fingers crossed it goes as planned and recovery goes well. You are so close to moving day. Yikes, moving is very hard work! Hugs
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @micki48 thoughts are with you and your sister today. I hope the packing went smoothly.

@happimess01 great pull-ups! I've never been able to do one without an assistance band. Amazing work.

@Kali225 the calorie counting.... It hasn't been happening for me lately either. Basically the whole point of this app, and I haven't been logging. We shall see what tomorrow's weigh-in brings. Good luck with the job situation. Income is important but not at the cost of your sanity and happiness. I hope you find something new that you will love.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 Thank you for letting me join the step challenge. I’m not sure I can commit to posting regularly at this time and would like to be taken off the list if I was added. Will continue to post weigh-ins. Thank you for all the motivation you give this team!☺️

You were certainly added and counted and you will see your name on the report for this last week as you had GREAT stats!

I will know not to be looking for your steps from now on so I appreciate the heads up. I will be happy to re-add you back at any time that works for you

Keep up the GREAT work and the accountability to yourself :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,033 Member
    Ready for the Wednesday folks? Let's go!
    @kdblpn
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon

Walk lots of extra steps tomorrow as @micki48 and her entire household start their trek!
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    CW 280.8
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Not only have I taped my least flattering photos to the fridge and snack cupboards, but I have added these notes into the grocery list app I use so I will have reminders while at the store to not give in to temptation and prevent foods that affect my willpower from even entering the house.

w3pkjv76uzza.jpg
  • jugar
    @PlaneMonkey Just Say No! That is my mantra in the grocery store sometimes. Walk past those tempting goodies with your head high, your back straight, and feeling strong and amazing!
  • jugar
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    No weight change but feeling pretty good, my clothes feel a little bit looser and I finally get to wear a new bra that hadn't fit me when I bought it 😁

Doesn't that feel fabulous? I got back from my trip to the US with my trousers looser - that elliptical machine is great! It burned off those ice cream calories pretty well :smiley: no weight loss, but loose trousers - I'll take it!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    BlissfulK wrote: »

You were certainly added and counted and you will see your name on the report for this last week as you had GREAT stats!

I will know not to be looking for your steps from now on so I appreciate the heads up. I will be happy to re-add you back at any time that works for you

Keep up the GREAT work and the accountability to yourself :)

Thank you for the encouragement and will definitely be back when I can. Have a bliss day!☺️

This discussion has been closed.