• enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Sorry - posted in the wrong thread.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    I noticed they FINALLY did away with the disagree button this week! There is a pinned post somewhere explaining it. I am SO glad that all that passive aggressive stuff is gone. To me if you do not agree with something it's much better to explain yourself (kindly I would hope) than to just follow some one and disagree with all their posts like a stalker. (I think I have one of those btw but maybe just paranoid) :D
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the MFPStaff post for anyone who wants to read it in full. Title: Disagree, No More.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858616/disagree-no-more#latest
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,592 Member
    Options
    Yeah I saw that disagree post. I didn’t even realize that was a button much less use it
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    "You can still use the Like, Awesome, Inspiring and Insightful reactions."

Can phone-app people see an "awesome" button ??? I can't on the website interface. (and we STILL need an LOL or other "chuckle indicator" button according to many of you - unless the assumption is that one of the emojis serves that function even if it is more steps for just the short-list of face expressions that come with the website interface)
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I'm glad they got rid of the disagree button. This is a site that is supposed to support others in their health journey. The disagree button adds no value to that end.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    @daciasil21
    Re your supposed plateau:

Weight is only one indicator of progress towards health and fitness. Body measurements, and loosening of clothes are other indicators.

As we adopt a more healthy lifestyle, body composition changes. Fat reduces, and muscle mass increases as the body becomes more toned. This body recomposition is part of the process. It may appear as if you have stalled, but this is not the case.

1kg of muscle takes up less space than 1kg of fat. If your clothes are becoming looser, it could be because your body is in one of it’s recomp phases.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Some of us have been campaigning for the removal of the <disagree> button for years 😆 So pleased to see it gone.

Apart from anything else, the placement of it made it all too easy to hit it accidentally when scrolling through posts.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman - weather is tough this time of year. Last Saturday it was 66 Fahrenheit so I went for a bike ride. The next morning…..snowing. I’m not a winter hater, but it gets harder to get out there for a walk. Glad your hubby got you out and the Icy Traxx sound great.

My hubby and I love our garden! We don’t have raised beds, so it’s awesome you have those. We compost like crazy though. What are you growing?
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman My hubby puts in a large garden every year - I work more with the flower gardens. Lol. We don't have raised beds either - and we compost as well! I'm excited for you to garden this year!
  • Cowphilosopher
    Cowphilosopher Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's almost 9:30pm here. We finished dinner around 7pm and I'll go to bed in about an hour. Here's the challenge: I want to eat all the cheese in the fridge. Or I want to go on Deliveroo and have a bag of crisps and some cookies delivered. Or maybe I will have a banana and some almond butter....

It sort of feels like I'm hungry. I know that if I engage my rational brain, I will recognise that I just want food and it's probably more about boredom or thirsty than about food particularly since I can't decide on what I am actually craving. So I'm going to try to drink some water, push through, and eventually go to bed.

Is anyone else in this boat? How do you handle evening cravings?
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,592 Member
    Options
    @Caroline_slowandsteady -thx for that! I usually avoid later snacks but not so much yesterday
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,554 Member
    Options
    What did they do to the food log screw that up
    too?
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,058 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    What did they do to the food log screw that up
    too?
    @snowshoe072
    Mine looks the same. Had a blip earlier today but I put that down to our power outage and internet gateway issues that followed. It is working fine for me now… I only use the app on my iPhone for MFP.