Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    @Glombog Oh no, hope the weather calms down! Glad to hear you're in the groove!

@Cornanda How did you speed up the video, did you put it on a higher playback speed? I do that with anything where people are talking, I haven't heard of other people doing that and for a workout video you must've been going really fast!

@trooworld Half an hour early isn't bad at all, way to go!

@TeresaW1020 I'd love to see your Azeleas! I wish I could go with you to Aldi's, it looks like the coolest store but there's none in Northern CA, I do have Trader Joe's though. Have fun! So glad you're feeling more in control, you got back on track fast, wtg!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Hugs my friend, that is a lot at once, I'm so sorry things are rough right now for you.

@missionalman Welcome to Slimpossibles Seb! I'd love to see your kittens! Oh fun, what seated workouts do you do? I do them too, Queen of the seated YouTube workout videos over here!

@FushiaKat I never got your personal email and I wasn't in charge of the challenge, I've been injured and haven't been on that thread, I've been in bed most of the last week and never went back to that thread after I finished it. I can't award you anything because it wasn't my challenge. I have my notifications off on MFP if that is how you tried to contact me so may be why I never received it. As you know I'm also disabled so your modifying things wasn't an issue, Jessica tried to make it modifiable. If I never saw your email I don't know if Jessica did, the challenge ended last week and the thread was closed. I know she would hate to hear that you feel you're being targeted as that wasn't the intention of it at all. I also think a lot of times the people who make the challenges can't include everyone but try to include the majority of people, I usually look them over and if there's something I can do great, if not I wait for the next one, I'm severely disabled and diabetic so I can't always be included. I can send Jessica an email about this, I'm thinking you must've left your email in the thread? You're also welcome to contact her directly.

@laurelfit57 The nature center sounds wonderful! Sounds like you have quite the workout planned, now are you planning to jump on the trampoline too? Skipping the barbell class sounds like good thinking! Your granddaughter is adorable, little golfing pro!

Hi everyone, I'm half asleep but wanted to come on and reply to everyone. I'm getting the seedlings ready to go to the farm next weekend then resting because I'm not recovering fast from this last flare-up. Hope you all had a great Wednesday, here comes Thursday!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    43chi8cj34jv.png

Good Morning @FushiaKat ...I am VERY sorry for missing your winning entry. It's 3:20am and I just got @Katmary71 's email, so I got up to find your email info. I tried to open the Announcement page for the Week 4 challenge and it's no longer available. Can you please send me an email to jakrall@cox.net and then I'll have your email address so I can send you your prize? Again, apologies...this had NOTHING to do with your modifications...I simply failed to add your name to my handwritten list for sending out the prizes on the weekend once the thread for the challenge was closed. Once I close a thread, I remove my shortcut to it and I never went back to double check for anything I might have missed.

FYI, the MFP IM can be a little persnickity...I never saw an IM from you and I just rechecked. I've been told by a few people that you're more likely to get an IM if the person is on your friends list, which is why I received the one from katmary71. So this was just a series of unfortunate blunders and I'm sorry you got caught in the middle of it all.

CONGRATS on finishing the Bingo Challenge...hope you enjoy the PDF I'll be sending to you. Thanks @Katmary71 for bringing this issue to my attention so I could rectify it. Hope ya'll have a terrific Thursday! I'll watch for your email FushiaKat. Take care!
    Jessica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I think so, too. I do use a fasting app, I use BodyFast but I just downloaded the Zero app and will see which I like better. Thanks for the recommendation! You are off to a great start. Good luck with your workout!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That does sound frustrating. I'm sorry about that. Hugs to you, friend!

@missionalman Hi Seb, welcome to the team! I'm glad you are here. Congrats on your loss, that is awesome! I love animals. Any time you want to post pics of your kitties, please feel free!

@laurelfit57 Thanks, it is working out okay! I'm glad you have grandkid time this week. <3 Have fun at the trampoline place, that sounds like a blast! Cute pic.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Have a great Thursday!

Hi all. I made it to my eating window yesterday and I wasn't super starving. I think it helped that when I was getting hungry, I went for a 21-minute walk. I am hoping to repeat today.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - the best I can. OK. I got this! I hope that you were able to wash your hair!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - That IS a lot of frustration! Hugs!

@missionalman - Welcome! Glad you're here. I love furry workout buddies!

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I appreciate you all so much!

@laurelfit57 - it sounds like you are having a terrific week. Your granddaughter does have great form. (and loads of cuteness!) I may be brave enough to do step workouts, but I don't think I'm brave enough to get on a trampoline. :p Enjoy! And by the way, you are doing a great job getting your workouts in during this busy week.

@katmary- yes, I put it on higher playback speed. Just a tiny bit. I decided to do a "fast basic" workout, which means the beats per min are fast, but the moves are simpler. Gets the heart rate up. But it wasn't as fast as I wanted it to be. Keep resting so you feel better.

@trooworld - You've made it to VERY close to your fasting window every day, I think. Hooray for getting all the way there yesterday! Walking is a good distraction + exercise so that's a win/win.

Not much news here. Yesterday I was a bit down in the dumps again. Talked to some friends to lift my spirits. Planning to keep working on raising them today as well. It's a blessing to have people who can help lift you up at times like this. You are all blessings to me!

Lisa

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 134.5
    CW: 136.0
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat Been watching my email all day today and haven't received your response. Please post your email addy or email me so I can forward your prize. I just know you'll love it...thanks again for your participation and CONGRATS on your coverall!
    Jessica
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 ugh really hoping that this flare up settles down so that you can get back to things you enjoy❤️

@trooworld congrats on making it to your eating window! Sounds like that walk did the trick.

@cornanda sorry to hear you were having a down day yesterday, with all of that is going on, very understandable❤️. Really hoping that today went better for you!. Stepping actually takes coordination, trampolining only takes bouncing🤣

Well… The trampolining was fun, but super exhausting! My daughter texted me about an hour after I got home and asked me if I was exhausted, she said she was sitting there with her feet up on the couch and her husband was making dinner🤣. I managed to pull off a move, where I bounced down on my butt and bounce straight up again to land on my feet, much to my grandchildren‘s amazement (if I’m perfectly honest, I was amazed too🤣🤣🤣). Many of the things that we have done this week, I know I would not have been able to do last year. It is amazing what weight loss has done for my physical abilities, grateful every day for it!
    Nothing so fun planned for tomorrow, I have hardly been home and my house looks like a tornado has gone through it. Time to put my house in order tomorrow :-) :-)
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 and everyone else who's asking, here are Holly Joy (Black) and Timbit (Tawny)!

1pdstvyy3vg4.jpg

Right now I am working through Bodyfit by Amy videos and learning to use my resistance bands.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I just checked in and got your message, email sent. MFP Staff did explain that since I messaged you thru MFP and you are not my friend that you didn't get my messages. She said they will fix that in the future. I truly hope so because it created a huge misunderstanding and for that I am sorry.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Ugh it's time to dye my hair again I can see my gray roots. I'm having a flare and my hands are hurting me. I had a NSV today, I was able to wear the too small red blouse with lace and embroidery today and it fit perfectly. I felt pretty all day. I sent a picture to my friend, and she said I looked foxy. Lol she is cutting calories to lose weight too; she is many months behind me but I'm so proud of her for making the effort. I know that the reason to lose weight and when to start is different for every person. She's even helping and teaching other family members about counting calories.

I am addicted to strawberry and orange fruit cups; I make one for dessert and one for a snack. Tomorrow I should go to Sam's Club and see if they have more strawberries.

It seems that a lot of us are struggling this week, here's to better days! Just remember one day at a time, and easy does it. I admit that since I've lost weight that I love myself more.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @laurelfit57 You amazing woman, I love that you did that move, I bet your grandkids never forget that!

@Missionalman Your cats are precious, Timbit has claimed that bathtub and doesn't want a co-pilot from that look! I have one left out of a feral colony I feed that is a tuxedo, they're the cutest cats! I love Holly Joy's white feet like they're socks.

@FushiaKat Congratulations on the red blouse! I'm glad your friend is also losing weight, it helps a lot to have someone making similar lifestyle changes since they know what you're going through. SO glad you're feeling pretty and learning to love yourself more, that's the best thing that can come out of all this. I love your fruit snack idea, I was just looking at strawberries and they're on sale at one of my favorite stores but it's the only thing on sale there this week I want, grrr.

Hi everyone, I posted this on my MFP feed yesterday but the charity I do the non food bank farm stuff with decided to become licensed and she asked me to be on the board, I agreed to be secretary so I'll be doing that once a month when we have meetings to decide on projects but that's a ways out. I watered and prepped the tomato plants for planting then thinned out the seedlings, tomorrow's just watering. I made the mistake of thinking I was better a few days ago and tried the 10lb weights and it set me back again so no weights for awhile, I'm going to talk to the pain clinic about it as I really should have an orthopedist check it out to see if it's worsened from the last MRI. Doing good with food, I'm trying to get rid of some stuff in the pantry so meals are a little weird, I'm out of fresh fruit and only have a bunch of radishes and carrots so I definitely need to get some lettuce. My Dad's coming by in the afternoon tomorrow to help me with something. I'm going to have my brother's cat here next week while they're out of town so I'll have to put out a third litterbox, my poor boys thought my ex-boyfriend's female was bossy they're really going to be surprised at Cali, she came over once when one of the feral cats was in the house and chased her under the bed and stalked around it so I'm a little worried. Have a great Friday everyone!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 260
    CW: 260
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Username: davidji82
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW:224.8
    CW:223:7
  • Cornanda
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @laurelfit57 - I'm glad you enjoyed trampoline time and WOW that you pulled off that move! What a great NSV it is that you are able to do fun stuff like this with your grandkids. Write that down somewhere for when you need motivation.

@missionalman - awwww! Your fur babies are super cute!

@FushiaKat - Another great NSV that you got a new blouse on and felt good. Congrats!

@Katmary71 - Congrats on your new food bank position. Sounds like a great idea to get your back checked.

Not much going on here. I'm up and down mood wise. What I really need is a super fun day out of the house. But I can't leave my pooch alone too long. Perhaps I can dream up some things I can do in the future. Or maybe I can come up with a mini thing to do instead.

Getting a big load of mulch today. And I need to finish spring cleaning since we are having company at the end of the month. I've been taking good care of myself and will continue to do so.

Gained back all the weight I lost last week.... :# Not a true number, since I can feel water retention. We'll see how things look next week.

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 167.9
    CW: 169.9

+2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Yes, I've been close most days. Thanks! :D Aww, I'm sorry about being down in the dumps. I wish I could take away your sadness. It's a blessing to have you here too! I like the idea of you doing a mini day out of the house. You should totally do that. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. Hugs.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Yes, walking was a good distraction! I'm glad you had fun with the trampoline time. You are a true inspiration!

@missionalman Awww Holly Joy and Timbit are adorable! Thanks for posting. Is Holly Joy a tuxedo cat? I think she is...I had a tuxedo cat, Mr. Hyde. He was so regal and such a good kitty. He died about 8 years ago but I just loved him so much!

@FushiaKat Congrats on the NSV! That is awesome. I love strawberries. I should get some this weekend.

@Katmary71 That's great you are going to be on the non food bank farm's board. Your talk about fruit reminded me I bought a big bag of Cuties I need to start eating. I hope Cali doesn't cause too much trouble while she's there.

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

Hello all. I made it until 11:18 yesterday, my eating window begins at 11:30 so that was pretty close. I got so hungry. I tried a walk, I tried lemon water and then tea, and I was still starving. I decided to attend a virtual WW meeting to distract myself. That helped until it didn't. My husband and I are going to an Italian restaurant tonight. I love Italian food.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Katmary71
    Options
    19Shmoo69 Is unable to get on the app and won't be able to enter his weight this weekend
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,098 Member
    Options
    Hi MS... You have another new member joining your wonderful team.. Please welcome @LMK02020
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda Sounds like you have a lot to do at home. Hm, is there a farmer's market or a nursery near you? Or a bookstore? Those are my favorite places to go that don't take too long.

@LMK02020 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@trooworld Enjoy dinner tonight! I have a hard time waiting for lunch too, you're getting closer!

Hi everyone. Not much new here, worked out, went to the greenhouse, then my dad came over and we went to Panera. I'm listening to a Dr. Furhman's masterclass but it's basically the same Eat to Live one that's on PBS all the time. Tomorrow's getting seedlings in at the foodbank. I'm off to finish my book, have a great weekend everyone!
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 134 lbs
    CW: 133 lbs

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
This discussion has been closed.