Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
kun0iyxfkouy.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs from April 3 - 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    The new month's F2F Habit Tracker is ready for you to fill in your habits for April - go for it!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860958/fat2fit-habit-tracker-april-2022#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    edited April 2022
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome our new members @KarlyM59 ,@Cheesy567, @MsAmes77 and our returning member @roz0810 to our awesome team...I hope you enjoy it as much as I do ...I have been with this group for over a year and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the co-captain of this marvelous team along with our amazing captain Linda..I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota and a Siberian Husky named Aspen(both are 4 years old) ... I also have 2 grandma kitties Kylie 16 and Mocha 15 1/2 and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who is 16 and will be graduating from High School next year ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year ... I have a son named Austin who is 22 and in the Navy .. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My Goals for April are ..........Incorporate IF .....stay within 5% carbs (doing Keto) ...drink 120 ounces of water daily ....walk 5 days a week ....Do PiYO Dvds (pilates and yoga )5 days a week ... get 15,000 steps a day on walking days and 12,000 on non walking days 2 times a week...meal prep once a week ..As for weight loss goals .. I would like to lose 5 lbs this month (if it is more I will be a happy camper) I have a lot of health issues so I will do my best to keep these goals for April ..I am a type 2 diabetic ...obese... kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..yup I am mess LOL but I won't let it stop me from being successful.... I am an open book so if you want to know more about me then just ask :) Let's have an awesome month and let's show the month of April who is boss :p
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers April team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan aka @Megan_smartiepants1970. Our motivator is the very inspirational Cara aka @peng123.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 57 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children(ages 35, 36 and 31) I also have 4 beautiful granddaughters. Two live here in Ontario and the other two in Scotland. I am hoping to get to Scotland in November. My granddaughters are one of my reasons for trying to get healthy. I have two very fat cats, Nick and Lady.

I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F since the beginning. I have had a couple of ups and downs since starting but I have never given up. My biggest victory since starting is I am no longer insulin dependent. My fitness is limited to what I can do in the pool as I am unable to walk any distance due to nerve issues in my back and neuropathy pain.

My April goals:
    1. Finish the month with a loss
    2. Make small changes in my diet to help with weight loss
    3. Keep my calorie goal at 1600 average for the week
    4. Step goal 5k
    5. Take a rest day once per week
    6. Most important, have compassion for myself
  • lindamtuck2018
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other.

• lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please change my step goal to 5k. I want to keep it at a goal that I can reach on non pool days.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement on the miles I have accumulated thru March. I am pleased I have kept up with it. I can say some days it is very difficult when the 6-7 miles have not been met to get on the recumbent. I am just glad I have kept up. The first quarter down, only 3 more to go.

This month I am on a cut, 2050 calories is my limit goal. Of that I will be eating 35% protein that is a range of 168g-191g protein a day. I will be incorporating swim team and weight training 3 days a week. With the increased activity my calorie count may be changed to avoid off the wagon binges. I am saying this now so I know I give myself this permission to adjust if necessary with out guilt or punishment. Now let's rock April!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited April 2022
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Please change my step goal to 5k. I want to keep it at a goal that I can reach on non pool days.

Will do ... Do you still want your goal to be 10,000 on pool days ?
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Yes but that is too hard for you to keep track.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Not really ... I am good with it
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    April's Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, April 3rd. Join us for the ABCs of TLC and spend some time sharing, planning and being active with the group. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860985/april-week-1-group-challenge-abcs-of-tlc#latest

Jessica
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited April 2022
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

You are , so thank you very much for doing that!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

You are , so thank you very much for doing that!

No problem :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    A hearty welcome to the new and returning members. The best luck to you all.
  • KarlyM59
    KarlyM59 Posts: 15 Member
    Hello everyone,

My name is Marie, 59 and live alone with my two cats.
    I have been dealing with weight issues my whole life and have had many ups and downs along the way. I thought by joining mfp and this challenge it would help me on this road to a new me and it would be easier then doing it by myself.

Thanks for this challenge and allowing me to be apart of it.

• gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 56 Member
    Weigh in
    gharvey2753

PREVIOUS 178.2 IBS
    CURRENT 174.4 IBS

Good week just sticking to usual increased calories to 1600 and weights every day. Happy April everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    KarlyM59 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

My name is Marie, 59 and live alone with my two cats.
    I have been dealing with weight issues my whole life and have had many ups and downs along the way. I thought by joining mfp and this challenge it would help me on this road to a new me and it would be easier then doing it by myself.

Thanks for this challenge and allowing me to be apart of it.

Glad you picked us to travel the road. Check in often and keep us updated on how things are going. Ask questions because there is a wealth of knowledge in the group.

Weigh in
    gharvey2753

PREVIOUS 178.2 IBS
    CURRENT 174.4 IBS

Good week just sticking to usual increased calories to 1600 and weights every day. Happy April everyone!

Very nice week, You are doing very well.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 4/2
    Step count 8376

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 4/2

PW 234.3
    CW 233.1