Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• jenniferelizabethwiseman
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971, that is a great suggestion, and thank you!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971, that is a great suggestion, and thank you!

Autistic people don't always understand subtext, though we do care deeply. Give him some healthy, calorie-budget compatible ways to do "I love you". Maybe you two could go for a walk together after dinner? You don't need to talk and interact for an autistic person to feel companioned and loved. We adore "parallel play" where we each do our own thing in the same room.
  • jenniferelizabethwiseman
    Options
    I know that is true for him, and that is what we did--after his nap, took a walk, although he wanted to walk too fast for my knees and I had to stop early. So hard when he cannot accommodate. Appreciate the ear!
    Options
    I looked at that and went, WHAT THE F____?! It's the day after Easter, it is Not Supposed To Do That Here. I guess Son will NOT be mowing the yard today after all. He was going to do it yesterday but part of the yard was still a little too wet to mow, so he was going to wait till today and do it, having given it 24 hours to drain. This is a surprise.

Boyfriend had a vicious bout of insomnia and did not sleep at all, so he is going to contact his new boss and see when he can start, cause today won't work. He can't drive and work on a totally sleepless night. (sigh) This has rattled me badly because Change Of Plans and also anxiety about job. I am attempting not to deal with the anxiety by eating extra food, but if it happens, I will at least understand.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    Sleepless sucks. I wish you both the best. Maybe a _short_ nap?

Bella... this is alarm time. First of all the old eggs... time to go. I mean. you know me. they wouldn't have lasted. But. if the filling is no longer perfect... what's the point, right? If hubby asks you saw Norman's tail sticking out of the closet so you had to toss the box! :lol:

3.26kg is also verging a tiny bit on the excessive :flushed: I mean... let's call chocolate in the 550 Cal range per 100g. Some candy will be a bit lower. Some dark chocolate with nuts a bit higher... that's just under 18,000 Calories :astonished:

Anyone you can share with? hmm... I wonder how much postage to Canada would be! :lol::kissing_heart:
    Options
    I would see if you can donate them to a local school or something like that. If there's that much chocolate it will share out over a class easy.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Here in the UK its a gloriously sunny, warm national holiday. We popped to see MIL to take her a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of bubbly for easter, and in return she gave us a silk hatbox stuffed to the brim with 80 different chocolate bars/eggs/confections - which I won't list here in case they trigger someone - but suffice it to say that when I got home and weighed them they collectively totalled 3.26kg.

Sigh.

We still haven't yet finished last easter's 48 Cadbury Creme eggs.

Figure this .. all of a BH weekend in the Uk so gorgeously warm!

Wow ..that is a lot of chocolate from the MIL…. Well done by just having it in the house…. Would be a big hole in it by now if it was here! 🍫🍡🍬🍭🍫
    Donated ours to the sports fiend to take back tou Uni tomorrow! Might help with revision🙄😀
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,779 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    We contacted the food bank who initially declined the chocolate until we explained that each of the 80 pieces was individually wrapped - think Creme Eggs, Reeses Peanut Butter eggs, bags of Cadbury mini eggs, Lindt bunnies etc.... then they graciously (albeit reluctantly) agreed to accept them, so long as we'd deliver them. So one 50 mile round trip later....

We gave away all but six tems (my husband's favourites)...the rest will hopefully be winging their way to children's tummies across the local area.

Oh, and I proposed dumping the thirty-odd remaining Cadbury Creme eggs from last easter and my husband laughed and said he dumped them a week ago after he realised the fondant was hard, and was waiting to see how long it would be before I opened the tin to sneak one and realised they were gone.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    But... but... I know that royal post has a book rate to ship to Canada! And chocolate bunnies can be books, right? 🤯🐹
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Think of all the happy kiddies! And you’ve been saved the guilt and shame, not to mention calories, of snarfing down all that candy.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    Great work, Bella (sorry, PAV)
    Options
    Today has been okay. I had a nap, did a couple loads of laundry, and made chicken quesadillas for lunch as I do every Monday. Dinner was fine, and we are now all sitting around processing dinner and reading or gaming.

However, I cut my thumb when slicing the rolls, and that may interfere with some of the dishes getting done.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 :anguished: NO THUMB CUTTING! I thought we had a deal on that!!!!!!! :rage:

@Yoolypr @lauriekallis you two STOP IT! You're encouraging her to give away MY ALMOST CHOCOLATES :anguished: to "poor kids". :naughty: Harrumph! They can go grow some cocoa and sugar beats and make their own chocolate! :mrgreen:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    PAV - there’s no way to keep your consistently svelte figure by eating all the Easter chocolates!
    Stay out of any and all food purveyors for at least a week while you’re in this weakened state. However, you could consider the advice given to the kiddies. The work involved in making your own chocolates would burn a lot of calories 😜
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I chopped the end of my artificial nail off, does that count?….and btw those kids plates aren’t a bad idea!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    Did you find the end of your nail or did it get mixed in with dinner???