Share Your Day

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    I have had to throw away food because I have cut myself and didn't notice until I saw the blood on the cutting board... then on the food I had been cutting. It wasn't something I could just rinse off so in the trash it went.

I slept well last night thankfully, though I am still really tired. One night of barely sleeping and I am messed up for pretty much the whole week. I did NOT do any sort of workout yesterday and I ate horribly so it wasn't a good day all around. That is one thing I have realized about myself... if I am tired I don't make great choices. Still trying to figure out how to fix that though. At least I have the leftovers within my points for today.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,813 Member
    Having some major pain flare ups that preclude doing anything other than sitting. Even then sitting being managed with much Tylenol+. Steroids, physical therapy, rest all seemed to work for a while but never completely solved the underlying problem. I fear the next step is either to accept limitations or surgery. 😖 Arghhh!
    In the meantime it’s cutting back on calories more. Down to 1200-1300 daily.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,598 Member
    I remember the days when a no sleep night could be made up for in one extra good sleep night - that was a long time ago! Hope you regain your equilibrium soon, Athijade!

That sound pretty frustrating, Yooly. Accepting limitations sucks. Surgery sucks. You've lost the weight - which usually helps. What else do THEY expect from you? All this hard work should equal some long term relief.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,552 Member
    edited April 2022
    Sorry Yooly 🥺💐 hopefully you and doc figure a solution or that tomorrow turns out to be a better day 🌻 anyway!
  • My IBS gave me a restless night. You cannot sleep through gas pain. It would release, I'd go back to sleep, and about forty minutes later, gas pain wakes me, and back through the whole cycle again. So I let myself sleep late today because nothing is going on that can't be shifted around to accommodate. I also have the bedroom window open to air the room. Or as much as it can be with fifteen pounds of grey tabby cat occupying the window. (sigh)

As it's supposed to drastically warm up, I got into the attic (there's a door from my bedroom) and pulled my bedroom a/c and Boyfriend's office a/c out so that it won't be a problem to put them in when the weather warms up. Also the summer curtains and the box to put the winter curtains in. I'll probably have Son actually put it in, as that's a bit of a heavy lift for me right now. Plus the reason I need a summer curtain in the bedroom is that I have a shorter curtain matching the other one that doesn't block the a/c when drawn. There's one for Son's room too, for the same reason. I need to get the downstairs summer rug out, but a 12 x 15 area rug, even rolled, is an unwieldy thing and I'll want to get Son in on the process of getting it out of the attic and out and downstairs. Then the winter rug gets rolled and wrapped and shoved in the attic. Somewhere in the process I'll be moving all the furniture and generally spring cleaning that room. Preferably a warmer day then today. 42 degrees is better than 32, but not what I'd call balmy. Neither is the breeze gentle today.

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I found it before it went into the food!
  • lauriekallis
    Good thing, Connie - though I have a friend who lost her nail stuffing the Christmas Turkey (not quite the same - but close enough!)....the finding of the nail during dinner has turned into a traditional story!

Alexandra - sounds like you are going to be fully ready for the season to change - if it ever does! I don't want to say that you are "cooking with gas" ... but I couldn't resist ... sorry ... I hope that is better today/tonight.
  • PAV8888
    I'm cringing 🙀🤯🥺
  • It seems to have settled down. My gut responds to emotional stuff, and yesterday was emotional.
    BUT! We found a med combination that lets Boyfriend sleep! It also leaves him very very fuzzy for quite a while, which is also a problem, so we're going to try a slightly different combination tonight and see if we keep the sleep but lessen the morning fuzz.
  • PAV8888
    @Bella_Figura don't think we aren't watching you and Norman! How come I don't hear more about Norman's adventures? Atki shares about the Cocker and the moor!
  • PAV8888
    OK: not sure if "food inspiration" or share your day is best here... but hey!

Let's get down to brass tacks... I need to figure out something for treats for the girl!

Giving her slices of bread as treats is no good for her shape, her one relatively un-hurt paw, or her teeth! Whatever weight she inadvertently lost when she couldn't keep anything down... yeah, we have successfully rebounded--plus a bit! And she has definitely slowed down lately.

Giving her home dried fillets of fish is not good for my pocketbook and I wonder if it works with the "empty the gut fast" theory the drugs are supposed to work on (reduced acid and faster transit)

She is supposed to only eat pasta (easily digestible carb), fish (novel-ish & relatively easy to digest protein), and butternut-squash (why butternut no-one has explained, esp since it has more calories than other squashes). As far as I can tell it adds fiber. Plus corn oil. plus a magic powder with doggie vitamins.

She does eat (non doctor authorized) commercial white bread toasted to charcoal levels to be crunchy and that doesn't seem to cause any issues.

The fish has been expanded from doctor authorized sacred tilapia only and nothing else to tilapia, pollock, basa, and cod with no problems or visible side effects. The occasional Wasa cracker has had no ill effects.

Cooked chicken pieces or dried pork chops... these didn't go over well. Even small quantities seem to cause stomach upset.

So I am stumped on what to do for treats?!?! Food dehydrator is available. So is relatively functional kitchen. Any ideas?????
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Help PAV make (caboose friendly) treats for me! I have NONE! 🥺

soka07cnk4ty.jpg
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited April 2022
    Ah, that beautiful proud looking dog! I am afraid I have no clue as this mut will eat owt and be damed the type of poop that her poor suckers amazing and dotting owners have to clear up! mzvx768qzahg.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    my little girl - with her sensitive tummy/ears/paws does well with dehydrated liver. They are even available at no frills! and little bags at Dollarama. She can't do chicken or wheat without unpleasant issues.
  • PAV8888
    I like brownies :wink: Fish livers Laurie?!?!? :astonished: I guess I can try a small bag of beef liver. I used to use them with her in the past.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Willow is part goat….she can eat and digest or pass almost anything!….
  • lauriekallis
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I like brownies :wink: Fish livers Laurie?!?!? :astonished: I guess I can try a small bag of beef liver. I used to use them with her in the past.

Beef liver
  • PAV8888 wrote: »
    OK: not sure if "food inspiration" or share your day is best here... but hey!

Let's get down to brass tacks... I need to figure out something for treats for the girl!

Giving her slices of bread as treats is no good for her shape, her one relatively un-hurt paw, or her teeth! Whatever weight she inadvertently lost when she couldn't keep anything down... yeah, we have successfully rebounded--plus a bit! And she has definitely slowed down lately.

Giving her home dried fillets of fish is not good for my pocketbook and I wonder if it works with the "empty the gut fast" theory the drugs are supposed to work on (reduced acid and faster transit)

She is supposed to only eat pasta (easily digestible carb), fish (novel-ish & relatively easy to digest protein), and butternut-squash (why butternut no-one has explained, esp since it has more calories than other squashes). As far as I can tell it adds fiber. Plus corn oil. plus a magic powder with doggie vitamins.

She does eat (non doctor authorized) commercial white bread toasted to charcoal levels to be crunchy and that doesn't seem to cause any issues.

The fish has been expanded from doctor authorized sacred tilapia only and nothing else to tilapia, pollock, basa, and cod with no problems or visible side effects. The occasional Wasa cracker has had no ill effects.

Cooked chicken pieces or dried pork chops... these didn't go over well. Even small quantities seem to cause stomach upset.

So I am stumped on what to do for treats?!?! Food dehydrator is available. So is relatively functional kitchen. Any ideas?????

Dehydrate slices of squash, would be my thought. You could also try pumpkin puree, as a lot of dogs tolerate that well. And if you have a dehydrator you can make fruit leather from the puree and cut that into treat squares.

I would try pureeing the chicken or pork chop too, so that it requires less work for the stomach to process.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Anyone here have panic attacks?

I am dealing with the "hangover" after having a panic attack last night. New neighbors had their music blaring. Like, it sounding as if the music was in my apartment. I went over to try and talk to them and they agreed to turn it down. Only their definition of "turning it down" was to make it so it only sounding like it was right outside my apartment instead of inside it. I dried to drown it out with a fan, a white noise app, and my bathroom fan but I could still hear it. Of course this was right before I was going to be going to bed as well.

It sent me into a full blown panic attack which then caused me to get sick.

My other neighbors had just finally stopped being jerks in the past few months and now this. I don't know if I will be able to deal with this sort of issue again.

I did email and call the apartment management this morning so hopefully they will at least give a warning. They are pretty good about that. I also found the 24 hours police dispatch number so I can call that if it happens again.

My anxiety today though it through the roof because I am so worried it will happen again tonight. I need my sleep. I deal with enough sleep issue and chronic fatigue.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,733 Member
    You can feed her dried pasta as treats - nice and crunchy, especially if you choose shapes like fusilli or rigatoni. There's no law that says dried pasta has to be rehydrated before eating, and the crunch is good for dogs' teeth.

If you're up to baking, this is a good healthy recipe:
    lslj0mjgp2dp.png

And if she can tolerate liver you could try this recipe:
    wewhp0l8uzft.png

Both of these recipes are vet-approved....