Share Your Day

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    edited April 2022
    Not autistic myself but loud noise drives me up the wall. Hate noises at hotels, motels, neighbor music, loud parties. Once I begin to hear it, I cannot relax and sleep no matter the noise source. Even if it’s not threatening in any way.

Hope you get some rest tonight. I found good earplugs help some too.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,584 Member
    Thank you @Bella_Figura and @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 for the suggestions for the girl. The noise thing does sound like a real pain in the *kitten* or worse. The noise cancelling headphone thing is not terrible. I actually seem to fall asleep wearing mine quite often... probably "old age" :blush:
  • One of the BEST things about our move was that we moved into a suburb that's about 75 years old and most of the people here are quieter people. Which is a way of saying that they can think of more things to do to celebrate any reason to celebrate than getting loudly drunk and firing off fireworks.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Where we live there are so many old people that the streets roll up as soon as it is dark!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,759 Member
    Pav, I forgot to say that the pasta thing also works as treats if you cook up some small shape pasta (fusilli, penne, farfalle etc) and then, when it's cooked, coat it very lightly with homemade tomato sauce (or even just passata) and maybe stir through a teaspoon or two of grated parmesan (if her tummy can tolerate that)....then allow to cool. When cool, dry fry it over a low heat for at least 20-30 minutes until it goes really chewy (think the chewy, burned bits at the edge of a lasagne). All to cool and store in an airtight container.

This is a little slice of heaven. The only problem here is not depriving the poor doggo of her treat because you've eaten it all yourself...
  • Store trip today. Three different stores and the pharmacy. Whee!
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 2022
    Oh Athijade, retirement communities are not what you may imagine! Have friends who live in Sun City type places. It ain’t no peaceful 🌈paradise.

The old folks take out the 👂hearing aids and blare 📺TVs, 🎺🎸🥁music, don’t hear their 🐶yippy dogs, yell 🗣across fences to neighbors, don’t know their 🚘car muffler died, grandchildren 🤸‍♂️⛹️‍♀️🤾‍♂️screaming back yards.

The only good thing is most are in bed by ⏰ 9pm unless they are partying cause they don’t have to go to work anymore. However, they do start mowing grass and leaf blowing at the crack of dawn!

Someday we’ll fine our quiet nirvana somewhere. Hope you get some rest today Athijade. ❣️
  • Yoolypr
    Find a worthy cause and donate those too big clothes. Enjoy wearing the lovely new summer clothes!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    Congratulations, Athijade! Woohoo. New clothes are fun smile:

Sounds like you are going to be pretty busy, Alexandra. Hope your feet hold out until you get them tucked into new shoes. I was looking at my soles today thinking they need to be replaced soon too. If only money (or shoes) grew on trees!
  • They're just going to have to. I only have one pair of daily wear shoes at a time, and as I can't just go buy a $20 pair at Wal-mart, it's more difficult. I need a broad last, removable footbed, good support, and I don't like femme shoes. It's not that I'm questioning my gender, but....What is it with all the shoes that look like Lisa Frank threw up on them?! That is NOT my style. I usually handle the problem, since I wear a 10 wide in women's, by going and getting a quiet black men's athletic shoe. The last is broader, and all I have to do is make sure it has a removable footbed for my lift.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Find a worthy cause and donate those too big clothes. Enjoy wearing the lovely new summer clothes!

The clothes will be donated. I do have one bag of stuff that is going to be tossed but that is underwear or things that are stained. I still have to go through my winter clothes so may do that tonight if I have the energy or maybe this weekend. I would LIKE to do it tonight so I can take the clothes this weekend to donate but we will see.

Also, I am feeling 100x better today then I did yesterday. Just taking that one day did a lot to help.
  • Yoolypr
    Orthopedic appointment this morning. More X-rays, more therapy, more steroid shots. The good news is it’s not bad enough for surgery! Back to the gym slowly next week.

Great quote from book I’m reading - “any morning you wake up looking forward to the first cup of coffee is a good day!” Sucked down 3 cups of black coffee this morning so onward .....
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    Yooly - I had some extraordinary improvement working with an osteopath/kinesiologist. I'm not sure if it is the practice or the individual - but WOW. I referred him to several friends - including a cousin in her 70s who had both knees replaced yet still had a heck of a time walking, a mid fifties runner, an mid 40s workout/runner, and my daughter inlaw who was still suffering post pregnancy/delivery discomfort and everyone was blown away by how much better their body moved and how much pain vanished.

I've never been big on that sort of thing - but when I was told "just don't use your arm" until surgery and the pain was getting ridiculous everywhere else too from my body compensating because it was trying to function with a messed up shoulder through two years of the pandemic I felt kind of desperate. After visiting him once I was astonished - after 4 months I was considering giving up on surgery all together. But went for it so I could have the strength back.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,584 Member
    I 😻 you guys bouncing back ❣️👍