Active April Challenge 2022

Replies

• NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Weekends my weight always goes up. This morning I asked myself "Do I want this or not?" Yes I want it. I need to change Sunday snacking. I love a bowl of popcorn on Sunday, but I eat way too much.
    Tomorrow I leave for a week in Mexico to hang out on the beach. Little worried about all the food but I am going with a group of friends that are heath minded so food choices will be easier to make. Will try to check in but no promises.

Oh how fun! Enjoy yourself! It's only a week. You can't gain a lot of fat in a week. Water weight maybe, but not fat. So enjoy. Then put it all in when you return!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    4/23-4/24/22

15+ minutes of activity 5 days a week
    1 of 5 days should be strength training
    1 of 5 days should be core/flexibility.=

Saturday: in home walking video. Sunday: big shopping trip with walking.

Add veggies and some fruits to my day.=

Saturday salad and broccoli. Sunday salad and an lettuce wrapped unwich.

Keep under 100 carbs= 50-23

Weekly home project= Nothing yet.

Hoping for a better week than last though the plague was good for weight loss. It's already crept a bit back up this morning so ugh. LOL
  • NYPhotographer2021
    4/26 - 159.4
    Here we go! I sure hope I don't get sick on this ride! All the ups and downs make my tummy sad. :(
    LOL...have a great Tuesday! KCKO!
  • anglyn1
    4/25/22

20 minute walk on my break.

Broccoli with lunch. Big salad for dinner.

Keep under 100 carbs= 37

Weight is still up a bit from my virus low. Keeping on keeping on.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    well as predicted: Bounce up a half pound. It is The Way. It's fine. KCKO.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    baconslave wrote: »
    well as predicted: Bounce up a half pound. It is The Way. It's fine. KCKO.

Our bodies like to play jokes on us, me thinks! LOL! I am sitting here feeling all bloated as hell, and being so glad I don't weigh in the middle of the day! My stomach was shouting at me all morning, so finally gave in at 8 and had breakfast. I usually wait until 9 or later if I can. Skipping lunch because I feel like I couldn't possible eat another bite. Hopefully by dinner time, I will feel back to normal. I've a feeling tomorrow's weigh-in will suck immensely!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,878 Member
    4/22-4/26..Been getting up at 5am and going for our walks yesterday was 5.77 miles ...today was 6.51 miles ...Food is on point ... still feeling in a funk but I am slowly pulling myself out of it
  • NYPhotographer2021
    4/27 - 161.4
    Well, yesterday led to a refeed day. I slept better than I have in weeks! Back to it today. Line dance class tonight. Have a great Wednesday!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,572 Member
    My funk is on it's way out by force. Another sticky note to do list yesterday and crossing things off is a mental help. Did strength training Monday but it was cold and rainy here yesterday so no activity. Did not sleep well last night, not sure what caused that. Will do my indoor bike at lunch today then my youngest and his wife are coming for dinner.

I don't anticipate meeting my April goals but I didn't meet Jan or Feb either. March was my shining star so far for 2022. I think for May I need to shake things up, do some different thing more. It's harder when I'm under a work deadline but I can't let that negatively impact my health goals. Who knows, maybe April will surprise me with a scale loss come Saturday.
  • anglyn1
    4/26/22

rest day

Just carrots with dinner.

Keep under 100 carbs= 43

I intended to do a workout when I got home yesterday but I ended up napping on the couch. Maybe tonight! Weight is the same as yesterday.
  • baconslave
    I forgot to weigh this morning! :rage: Ah well it would probably have just made me mad anyway. Or might have been another whoosh? I'll never know. Doesn't matter I don't suppose as I am doing the right things and I'll get there soon.

Gorgeous day. Not to hot or too chill. So I'll take my strength outside and do upper body bodyweight stuff with a 15lb backpack and do a yardhike.
  • baconslave
    new challenge: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863092/spring-into-a-new-you-may-2022-challenge/

As always feel free to focus on whatever your goals are, regardless of whatever wacky title I have for the challenge. :smirk:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,878 Member
    4/27 I am completely exhausted so no early walk this morning... I slept in until 8am (still tired ) but my plan is to clean house and do yoga :)
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Went out for a walk on Sunday, Monday did a half hour on the exercise bike.

Today I did a half hour lower body workout but disaster struck. My hip gave up after a set of squats and I ended up on the floor. I had a lot of hip problems before I started the carnivore diet but they seemed to have gone away. I didn’t even have any warning signs, it just suddenly went.

I think this is a warning that although I’m better on this way of eating and able to be active again, I’m not magically cured. So I shall need to rethink my exercise routine. I’m sad because I was loving it so much!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    4/28 - 159.6
    Back down! I hope they fix the diary portion soon. I tried to enter a food yesterday and it wouldn't let me. So I just entered something that was close to what I had and just monitored my calories. I am pretty sure my carbs were good. Happy Friday's Eve!!!
  • anglyn1
    4/27/22

Strength training video

Zoodles in my lunch. Palmini rice and mixed greens with dinner.

Keep under 100 carbs= 71, part of this was a Lily's chocolate bar and I didn't subtract the fiber or sugar alcohols.

I just need a core/flex workout to meet my goal so I'll try to get on that this evening. Not sure my weekly home project is getting done. I'm wiped out for some reason. I'd like to clear some old clothes from the closet but that might not happen.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    4/29 - 156.8
    A BIG drop! Almost 3 pounds! But yesterday, I was having stomach problems and couldn't eat. I only had a yoghurt for breakfast. So the loss is not surprising. I'm going to try to be extra good today so I don't go back up a lot. I'm expecting a gain tomorrow, especially if I eat. My stomach still isn't feeling the best, so that may hinder over eating today.
    Have a great Friday y'all!!
  • anglyn1
    4/28/22

Pilates video. This goal was met with 3 walking workouts, 1 strength, and 1 pilates.

Bell pepper and mushrooms with dinner. Berries for snack. I met this goal most days this week.

Keep under 100 carbs= 59. This goal was met all week.

Weekly home project= Did not meet.

Overall I did okay this week. I've still not lost what I gained back after my stomach issue but I'm carrying on. Had some hormone level testing done at my doctor's appointment so I'll see if any clues come back there.