Spring Into a New You (May 2022 Challenge)

Options

Replies

• melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Went overboard with the dairy over the weekend so need to be more strict with myself. But last couple of days have been much better.

Went out for two walks over the weekend which gave me two days exercise. Did some Pilates after work today which I liked but got a bit annoyed with the lack of space in my living room, a couple of the moves were just too awkward.

So unsure what I’m doing with my exercise going forward at the moment. Seems like everything I do doesn’t quite work out.

Struggling emotionally at the moment, problems with my diet and exercise getting me down. I think constantly changing things and not getting the result I want is taking its toll. I just need to get back into a groove and get my carnivore joy back!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    SW 8/26/21 - 214.0 lbs
    CW 5/5/22 - 157.2 lbs
    GW ? - 150.0 lbs or lower

A gain of 2 pounds. Why am I not surprised?! Went line dancing last night, danced over 10k steps! Learned new dances, not quite sure I like them. But it was quite fun! Today's a day of rest, then tomorrow night another dance party! Have a great Friday's Eve!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    5/4/22

1. Carbs 50-100 per day. 28
    2. Exercise at least 4 days a week for at least 15 minutes (try to get one core and one weight workout in the mix).rest day
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit. stuffed mushrooms with dinner and berries with dessert.

Scale is down a tiny bit from yesterday. Movie night tonight so dinner will probably be late.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Down another lb to 155.4 Vacation weight almost off. I really struggle with drinking water. Here I thought I always drank a lot. Now that I am tracking I see that I don't. In the morning I always do well it is in the afternoon I have to remember to drink water.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Did my usual half hour workout today. I usually do a workout on both Wednesday and Thursday and wanted to compare how my usual workout compared with the Pilates.

With both workouts I felt like I had worked my muscles hard but not too hard. I felt really good after both workouts as I usually do after exercise. But there was a very noticeable difference in how my joints felt. My usual workout is definitely much harder on my hips and knees.

I’m wondering if I want to change my usual workouts to Pilates now. I wonder if I would get the same benefits but have less strain on my hips and not have to worry about my hip giving out again.

My current routine is:
    Saturday - Full Body workout with light weights, equal focus on upper and lower body
    Sunday - Walking
    Monday - Exercise bike
    Wednesday - Workout with light weights focusing more on legs
    Thursday - Workout with light weights focusing more on arms

Tuesdays and Fridays are rest days.

I’m wondering about changing my workout days to Pilates.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    5/6/22

1. Carbs 50-100 per day. 57
    2. Exercise at least 4 days a week for at least 15 minutes (try to get one core and one weight workout in the mix). Strength training
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit. Salad with dinner. Berries for snack.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    SW 8/26/21 - 214.0 lbs
    CW 5/7/22 - 156.4 lbs

Went line dancing last night. It was so much fun! I had over 14k steps! We are going again tonight, but this time it's a late night, so not sure how I will do. The party is from 9pm-2am and I am usually in bed by 8:30! So we'll see! I also have my first guitar lesson today! So a fun packed Saturday! I am blessed! Have a great day!
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day but I also came down with a cold. Feeling quite unwell today so won’t be doing any exercise, spending a day relaxing on the sofa and sitting in my window chair reading. Planning on still going out for a walk tomorrow. It will be nice to do something and walking is easy to adjust to how well I’m feeling. I’ll see how I feel in the morning, if I’m feeling too awful I’ll just stay home again.
  • latrice0126
    latrice0126 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SW: 224
    CW: 218.6
    GW:175

Hi, I have two goals for May. To drink a gallon of water daily and to add walking for 30 minutes 5 days a week to my workout regimen.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Back down to 171.0. Still .8 up from my pandemic low. Just have to wait.
    Trying to focus on not eating too much today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi all you awesome peeps ... I apologize for not being around much ... I have been walking 3 days a week and doing Piyo 2 days a week ... I have also been dealing with migraines ...eating this week wasn't my usual I was having a hard time eating anything ...I lost 4.8 lbs this week I blame that on the migraines ...I hope everyone is doing good ...Happy Early Mother's Day to all you wonderful Mother's <3<3<3:)
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    SW 8/26/21 - 214.0 lbs
    CW 5/8/22 - 155.4 lbs

Back down to my lowest weight! Yes! I went dancing again last night. According to my Fitbit, I did over 18k steps before midnight and another 500 steps after midnight! Danced over 7 miles and according to my watch, burned over 3000kcal! Now, not sure which one to believe...my Fitbit or MFP. It doesn't really matter.
    I also had my first guitar lesson yesterday! I really need to practice every day, but I can now play a snippit of Johnny Cash! My fingertips are still numb!
    Happy Mother's Day to all!!!