WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    So let's crunch the numbers and see what has really happened here....

MFP Weekly Kcal Goal: 11,763 (this is with negative kcal adjustments)
    MFP Weekly Kcal Intake: 12,860
    Conclusion: +1097 (+0.31#)

Garmin Kcal Burned: 16,228 (Active + Resting)
    Calories Consumed: 12,860
    Conclusion: -3368 ( -0.96#)

PW: 142.2
    CW: 141.4 (-0.8#)

I'm going to experiment with trying to achieve a 500kcal deficit based upon my total burn for another week or two, and then see how a set kcal intake will change things (if at all)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    z0fu4b79jxm7.png
  • ashleycarole86
    @micki48 Just had to look up tomato pie as I've never heard of it before. Sounds delicious! Good to know it's coming and to plan ahead, to your point. I have my lunch and dinner pre-tracked for the same reason. That way I know pretty much how little I have left for snacking. Lets my brain move on to other things :)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @jugar

PW 85.8
    CW 86.8

Lots of fluctuating around this 86 at the moment. At some point my head will get - and stay - in the game.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    DD265 wrote: »
    I am throwing a pity party for one this evening. It's been a really mixed day, and I'm over tired so dwelling on the negatives, when actually there have been some fairly huge positives. I don't know where I first heard it, but the following saying comes to mind:
    If you feel like you hate everybody, eat something. If you feel like everybody hates you, get some sleep.

I'm planning an early night!

An early night sounds like a great idea, and I am sure you are in the midst of it right now. When we start "building dungeons in the sky" sleep sounds like a great solution! Re-set. Hugs to you!
  • jugar
    Who's next? Weigh-ins due through Tuesday:
    @Terytha
    @kathrynartis2271
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Made it! Got that one perfect day! And a 2.39 mile hike.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Thanks for joining me on the Fitbit challenge. I hope it keeps me motivated/determined. Any other takers let me know if you want to come along.
  • ashleycarole86
    5/8 exercise:
    10103 steps
    15 minutes outdoor cycling + 46 minutes indoor cycling (61 minutes total)
  • ashleycarole86
    Good job @micki48 ... any cool scenery on the hike?
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Your home breakages sound frustrating @conleywoods - at least like you say practically everything will be brand new soon!

I am in a better mindset this morning, although I did not sleep well at all. Tossing and turning all night. It's a good job my training is at 6am because it doesn't give me the option of cancelling last minute without feeling awful, and we had a great session. 30 reps each of 40kg deadlift, then 25kg; front squat, front overhead press, back squat, back overhead press and overhead squat. I felt really strong whilst driving home and it was a good reminder of why I'm doing all this; that is what I'm chasing. Difficult to quantify but I know when I feel it.

The successes of yesterday (we won't go into the negatives) were a decent pay rise at work; 11% overall on my package. They've removed our car allowances (adding the value to our basic pay), and with it the condition of a car being under 10 years old which means we don't have a deadline for changing mine, which is 7 but there's nothing wrong with it. The timing of changing was going to coincide with our re-mortgage - less than ideal. When the time comes I will earn a little less over maternity (I would've been paid the car allowance) but with the pay increase I can save more now to make up for that, plus it will help pay off my student loan quicker which will feel like a similar pay increase again.

I put my brave pants on to take a blood sample for a (virtual/postal) health check. I do not like pain, but I only hesitated for about 3 seconds before stabbing myself with the lancet. Didn't hesitate at all before doing another finger. There's the option to pay for additional tests (and they'll draw blood from your arm for those) which I'm tempted by. I know being the weight I am isn't the healthiest, and having the bigger picture could help spur me on.

I went for a walk after the health check and instead of getting fast food, bought nice bread rolls and some bananas so I could have a banana sandwich for tea. It was the perfect comfort food yesterday. On the way back I went via the allotment to take a photo of my bedded-in potatoes. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I've quite literally been finding marbles all over the allotment and it amuses me when gardening is suggested as being good for mental health. It could be common elsewhere, but here the phrase 'lost my marbles' means going a bit crazy, so finding them surely is the opposite! I picked up another last night to add to the collection.

I keep asking OH if I have enough marbles to be declared 'sane' yet, but I suspect the answer will always be 'not yet'. :D When I return home empty handed, I think I'll be very disappointed!

3itrhyeol2gu.jpg
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    @PlaneMonkey It's hilarous that hockey is pretty much the official religion of Canada! I noticed that you mentioned your Garmin - here's the link to my profile if you want another friend on there!

@conleywoods It's June 10-12 in Choteau, MT. It's my first time teaching at a festival and I think a weekend away from home (well, sort of, it's a little over an hour drive so I'll just go home at night) and full of yoga is just what I need! I can totally empathize with you house troubles. I've got an impending septic disaster that I'm trying to avert since my home wasn't maintained for about a decade prior to me purchasing it

@DD265 Your mention of tea time made me smile. I'm such an anglophile :D Why don't we have tea time here? Oh yeah, because we're a bunch of uncultured savages lol. Also sounds like you had a killer training session! I just started a hypertrophy training plan and had to figure out some 1RMs. It's amazing how much more you can squat when you have a rack to start with! So glad you're loving your heavy lifting! Also - love the marbles!

@Gidgitgoescrazy That had to be super scary! And very perplexing....I mean, when I have patients with anything like heartburn, I tend to counsel on avoiding the fried/spicy foods since they tend to exacerbate things, but it's crazy that those are fine for you, but it's the veggies that do it (although things like tomatoes and citrus do tend to be agitators) I really hope you keep feeling better. Definitely take it easy and listen to your body!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 600 Member
    Tuesday weigh-in

PW: 247.3
    CW: 251.7

she's up, she's down, she wants to get off this rollercoaster.

I also had to look up tomato pie - yum.

@jugar you were right, I was was able to find some clothes for the interview tomorrow and a black, long cotton dress with big poofy short sleeves for the graduation that I actually think is very cute. I will try to remember to share a picture when I have it all styled on Saturday.

As I said, bad weekend eating and this coming weekend probably won't be great since I am out of town and celebrating a graduation. But my friend also wants to go hiking and he has a very cute gym in his apartment building that we will use. I am going to bring some food basics with my so I can do light breakfasts and have fruit on hand.

@Gidgitgoescrazy hope you are feeling better today!! any kind of indigestion is just the worst. :(
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    Made it! Got that one perfect day! And a 2.39 mile hike.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Thanks for joining me on the Fitbit challenge. I hope it keeps me motivated/determined. Any other takers let me know if you want to come along.

You did it!! The one perfect day is such an incentive to keep the great feeling. I would take you up on the fitbit challenge, but I'll be in travel all day tomorrow and then only spottily in touch - it will be a blast hanging out with my crazy daughter.
  • jugar
    @DD265 your marbles - combined with potatoes, and lifting heavy weights - quite a collection of amazing images in my head! I hope you are sleeping better tonight :sleeping:

@Gidgitgoescrazy that sounds miserable. I had a few bouts of nasty reflux, or heartburn, or whatever it was - same thing. I was so scared that it was cardiac and much worse than it was. Once you figure out the foods that trigger it, they are the easiest things in the world to give up because you sure do not want to go back there! I was on some kind of medication for it but only for a short time - the medication was almost worse than the problem, and luckily it all stopped as soon as I kept away from the foods that were giving me the problems. I hope it resolves soon! Be sure they check gall bladder - that can cause some dramatic symptoms that get mixed up with all sorts of other stuff too. Hugs!

@conleywoods and @MoonlitMuse - aging houses. There are so many things that need doing! Agh!!!!! Totally sympathise...

@Kali225 I bet you looked great in that black dress! Hopefully your ups and downs will start leaning more towards downs. Rollercoasters always end with the down part, right?

I am just about all packed and ready to go to Alberta at waytoearlyo'clock tomorrow morning! I'm just about to pack up the laptop, all the chargers, the flute - all the stuff that goes in my carry-on backpack. Can't wait!

Since I won't be on reminder patrol later tonight, here they come:

Overdue:
    @Terytha
    @kathrynartis2271

Due Wednesday:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit

When I get back in here, I'll be 2 hours younger!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Good job @micki48 ... any cool scenery on the hike?

Nothing like you being near Banff but still pretty. I tried to post photos but MFP will not ever let me do it anymore. I always get a banner at the bottom saying “you don’t have permission to do that”. I don’t know why?! 🤷🏻‍♀️Anyone have any insight on it?

Today…not so perfect. Logged after the fact and I was way over. But I did resist the urge to get a sweet dessert because of logging.

I started the day with routine bloodwork too. She took 5 vials 🧪 of blood and I think she perforated my vein. It hurt and now I have a very big bruise. 😒

Then I found out my new teaching position will be in PreK with my granddaughter. How fun!! What a treat!!

I treated myself to a pedicure after about a year without one.

@Gidgitgoescrazy I totally feel for you and understand when you have any that makes you think it’s your heart. I have that family history too and it’s where my mind goes. Anxiety can be a lovely mimic as well. I once thought I might be having a heart attack. My doctor did a blood gas test and ekg to rule it out and all was well. I also get the difficulty with health insurance when you are between jobs. Hope all the residual pain disappeared.

Three sick people in our house. So far no positive COVID tests, so likely just a cold of some sort. My OH and I are good so far.

My SIL also got a wonderful job offer he has been waiting for. So everyone who was looking for work in our new state has found it. 😊

My son moves into our house in NC this weekend. I can only imagine how high the grass is and how the weeds have taken over my garden.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Happy Tuesday!

Today I got all my morning meal prep done and the kids ready in record time 🙌 I thought I would have time to sip some coffee before rushing out the door. Then I remembered that a meeting was scheduled to start before our usual start time so off I rushed!

I'm working on something called protien pacing. Basically I need to divide my protien up between my 5 meals throughout the day. The body can only absorb 40 g of protein at once. I have about 50g for lunch so 10 of those grams never get absorbed at that meal. Fun fact! I also learned that when your body makes a protien cell it remains in your body for 6 months before being replaced. That is why it takes muscle injuries such a long time to heal. It is also why it takes time to build muscle. I learned a bunch of new things about sugar but I will need to watch that lesson again and take notes. It was very technical but I will report back on that one too.

I did another one of my coaches workouts today. Tuesday is cardio and core for about 22 minutes. The workouts are all HIIT style and it has something to due with depleting your fast twitch muscle cells and the sugar/insulin issue. I am learning a lot of new things and it is a lot to keep straight sometimes!

This discussion has been closed.