WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am struggling. My weight and inches are so high...and I know why. I am not sleeping, therefore not working out and eating all the carbs. I know weight loss is 80% diet, but I tend to eat better and sleep better when I workout. I keep making a "plan" to get back on track but life keeps throwing me curve balls. What scares me the most, is I always gain in the summer. So, I am now making a plan to not gain and hopefully lose some weight.

I wish I could just go outside for a walk, but we have so many fires right now, it is to smokey.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh - on time finally

PW 203.3
    CW 202.3

Thank goodness because at one point this week I was 204.4. Glad it’s moving downward. Lots more to go.

@KellyBgetsfit I hear you with the summer gain pattern. I know lots of people lose with summer food and activities, but I tend to gain in the summer too. I think it might be a teacher thing. We allow ourselves to (try and) relax in the summer after the busy school year. Here’s hoping we both lose this summer. Well, all of us actually!

@jugar What a sweet little foal. 🥰

@Gidgitgoescrazy Glad your back is feeling better. Have a great time at the beach.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Hey team! Just a quick check-in, had a bit of an off the rails night last night with wine... haven't had that much to drink in a while and it just got... sloppy (LOL)

Anyway... getting through the work day and then we're off to the lake. The good news is that Brad is feeling better from his stomach issue. He hasn't really had a fully normal day yet, but it's coming!

@KellyBgetsfit It's tough when air quality is bad - we have had many years with bad fire smoke and it does impact working out outdoors for sure... hopefully it clears soon

@ells_bellz Agree that tracking will give you some insight, but wow - what a long tiring day! I imagine it's hard to fit anything else in.

5/11 exercise: 13931 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
    5/12 exercise: 7163 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @conleywoods Such fantastic news. Love the dress zipping up, what a great feeling. And the pre-diabetes numbers looking great is just so relieving. So glad the wellness coach efforts are paying off - you are doing great!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @jugar week off for weight, please & thank you.
    I’m finally feeling more like myself. Although the PCR was negative, my symptoms mimicked that crappy virus in lots of ways. I did more sleeping than I thought possible. I worked for the first time all week and it was nice to ease into everything in time for the weekend!
    Thank you all for the good health wishes, etc. Much appreciated!
    I was able to eat a smaller supper than I thought I wanted and procrastinated making a banana chocolate dessert concoction so I didn’t overdo it.
    Tomorrow is due to be hot so I’m already planning on at least 1 smoothie with frozen fruit. Yum!
    Have a great night, y’all! 🥰
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Another lovely Alberta day today, although I would not mind a little bit more sun and a few degrees warmer. At home, everyone is complaining about the sudden heat! Can't win.

I managed a much more reasonable eating day today. We got a lot of housework and other chores done to get ready for the weekend of celebrations. Tomorrow morning I'll be doing all the horse chores while my daughter drives to Edmonton to pick up her boyfriend - then it will be cooking madness for a while! I have to try harder to fit in a Pilates workout somewhere in there. I have not done any since I got here and it would sure feel good.

Keep logging, moving, and enjoying the end of the week!

Saturday weigh-ins get ready:
    @bonnie_red
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359
    @lauren_989
  • jugar
    Options
    Wonderful news!

@PatriceFitnessPal has stepped up as Motivator for Team Shape Shifters. I am sure that some of you have seen Patrice on the group challenges where she is both a fantastic inspiration and generous with encouragement, ideas, and knowledge. Thanks from all of us Patrice! Your team is very lucky :smiley:
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar groundhog #3 has just been released to rejoin his family members, far, far away! Who knew carrots were so amazing! It's gotta be that 'crunch' 😉🥕
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I hear you on the wine indulgence. It's so easy to just refill that glass until the bottle is empty. Hope the workday after wasn't too horrible and you've made it to the lake!

@conleywoods great work on sticking with your new plan and achieving all those numbers. The pre-diabetes stats is huge.

@EvMakesChanges glad you are feeling better!
    Same to you Brad (I'm blanking on the numbers after bowens on your username and I just know if I go looking for it I will lose the whole post.) Ahh cellphones.

Lots of boating planned today in the sunshine and heat and gardening in the rain tomorrow. I will be hydrating with water and not beer and I will be carrying as much landscape material as possible for my exercise plan. I plan on building a new 'river' pathway down our western cliffside to match the one on the southern hillside so it will be lots of bags of rocks.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Chuckling as I read @jugar talk about our Alberta weather while @PlaneMonkey talks about the Quebec weather and boating. The docks are in here at the lake but it's downright frigid. We have the furnace on in the trailer for sure!! Our virtual wine event on Thursday was hosted by someone in Ottawa and I think she was saying it was +31C... the heat is definitely something Brad misses. We will be out walking right now and it'll be like +8 and I'll be raving about how beautiful it is and he just thinks I'm nuts!!! Perspective baby.. lol

Got some fun news last night.. Brad's nephew is traveling out to Calgary for a conference this week so we will take him to the mountains after work. I still remember taking Brad for the first time in 2018 and the look of awe in his eyes. He is excited to have the same experience with his nephew.

I have an innovation summit for work Monday and Tuesday, a lunch with my boss Wednesday, and this mountain trip after work. Lots of eating out. I am happy to find I'm navigating that well as that was a huge downfall of mine before.

We are only staying at the lake one night this weekend because tomorrow morning we have a helicopter ride. Two years ago my trailer neighbor at the lake and I got our husbands the gift of a helicopter ride in the mountains, and tomorrow is finally the day to use it. It's a package where we get to get out on the top of a mountain for a bit. I'll share a pic for sure. Definitely a bucket list item and something I'm so excited for. We have a rescheduled day for the hot air balloon too (June 7), so assuming the weather doesn't cancel either.. we've got ALL the exciting flight activities coming up in the next month!

5/13 exercise:
    8472 steps + 10 mins strength
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW: 163.2

A bit down from last week, so that's good! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

@jugar I will be traveling next weekend, so I won't be able to weigh in! I'm sorry!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Great job @bonnie_red
    Enjoy your travel (although I am assuming it's for business? but maybe not!!!) :)
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW 190.5.

Haha. In the last few weeks I've managed to destroy all the progress I made since January. To be fair, it's been a stressful time but the next few months are going to be just as stressful. I finally got my master's project figured out but my supervisor wants me to defend at the end of August. So... It's going to be a lot of late nights for that in addition to working a full time job.

The job has been great but I have to stringently track my hours and that's made me way busier than I was expecting so I end the day extremely tired. But, I've managed to find an Orangetheory close to my work so I'm starting to get settled back into that routine.

My eating has not been amazing and I know when I'm stressed the first thing I turn to is comfort food. I'm definitely worried about how I'll balance everything in the next three months.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I'm just stopping in real fast to post this week's full F2F group challenge:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10864503/may-week-3-challenge-fight-sitting-disease/p1?new=1

We're all going to help each other combat the evils of sitting this week. Join in! I'm going back outside where the sun is shining here in Alberta now. YAY!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I crushed my workout today...except I got horrible heartburn. I know this is because my diet has been HORRIBLE. Today, I am back to logging. I am going to focus on getting protein and a variety of veggies this week. I know if I eat better, I will feel better, and everything else will get better.
This discussion has been closed.