WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    Way to go team!!

We are off to the airport now. We saw Alegria (Cirque du Soleil) this afternoon. We truly fit in so much fun!! Thankful for the weekend. I definitely ate more than usual, but I still made decisions I wouldn't have made prior - including lots of choice to stay super active.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! May week 4 and month end step reports to be issued tomorrow as long as everyone has their week 4 results in. Thanks in advance!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Rainy day today, but a good one for me. My spa weekend was very beneficial and helped me to do my stretching exercises in the mineral pool. Completed my diary and was under my calorie goal.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    edited May 2022
    @CarolAnnM2 stretching in the mineral pool sounds fabulous. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend to get you all set up for this month.

@ashleycarole86 You packed a lot into this weekend! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy so many different things. Sometimes a short action-packed trip beats a longer more relaxed one. And for you here are my steps and such for last week:
    Sunday - 5173
    Monday - 10,397 + 45 bike
    Tuesday - 14,426 + 30 Pilates
    Wednesday - 13,947 + 20 Pilates + 45 bike
    Thursday - 9387 + 20 Pilates + 45 bike
    Friday - 8463 + 15 Pilates
    Saturday - 12,422

And we're ready for Monday? Yes! Weigh-ins due for:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @DD265
    @CarolAnnM2
    @ametoyer1969

Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    @jugar

PW/starting weight - 88.2kg (last Weds)
    CW - 88.0kg
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 222.1
    CW: 223

I’m sorry to start the new month off with a gain. It’s the first time since I started that I had a gain show on the scale. But, this is how I’m going to look at it - last Monday I had a 3 pound loss, which is uncharacteristic. I have been losing at a steady 1 - 2 pounds a week. So I am going to think this weigh-in was actually an adjustment and that last week and the week before I lost 1 pound each week. I have not been eating too much, I have been recording my food daily and I have been under or very close to my allotted calories every day. I’ll just have to continue another week and see the scale record a loss next week. :)
  • jugar
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 222.1
    CW: 223

I’m sorry to start the new month off with a gain. It’s the first time since I started that I had a gain show on the scale. But, this is how I’m going to look at it - last Monday I had a 3 pound loss, which is uncharacteristic. I have been losing at a steady 1 - 2 pounds a week. So I am going to think this weigh-in was actually an adjustment and that last week and the week before I lost 1 pound each week. I have not been eating too much, I have been recording my food daily and I have been under or very close to my allotted calories every day. I’ll just have to continue another week and see the scale record a loss next week. :)
    I had 225 as your starting weight (from your sign-up post, so we could compromise and make it 224, ok? That way you start of "in the green" as we say. For those who are new, that is simply because the numbers on the spreadsheet appear in green when you lose, in red when you gain, and black when you stay the same. In any case, good job losing 1-2 pounds per week. That is sustainable - every now and again, pause for a week with no loss to let yourself adjust a bit, though. That helps prevent the dreadful times of hunger and craving.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Steps
    Sun 9,841
    30 min lifting
    Mon 16,129
    Tues 13,130
    Wed 17,025
    Thurs 17,229
    Fri 11,582
    Sat 8,471
    30 min Barre
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Greetings Friends!

Here's my step and exercise stats for last week, @ashleycarole86:

Sunday - 4680
    Monday - 3558 / 26 mins Upper Body workout [SELF Spring 2022 Challenge - Day 2]
    Tuesday - 14122
    Wednesday - 10979
    Thursday - 4466
    Friday - 7669 / 30 mins Benchmark Lower Body [SELF Spring 2022 Challenge - Day 3]
    Saturday - 6876 / 13 mins Yoga
  • jugar
    edited May 2022
    I want to re-welcome our new people and make sure they are all here. We have heard from @CarolAnnM2 but not from everyone else. Please post a message and tell us about yourselves and get started - thanks!

@ametoyer1969
    @JEB03253
    @Athletatrade (heard from you on the May chat but hope you make it here!)
    @JessiBelleW
    @Ddukbokki69450
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Hi, I'm Courtney, 41, living in Québec Canada. I'm a former aircraft maintenance engineer, now a policy writer in aviation for the government. The change to a desk job went ok, I traded my 10k steps daily at the airport for increased time for structured workouts from no commute but we will be returning to the office soon on a hybrid basis so unsure what that will look like yet.

A year ago I hit my first major weight loss goal of 190lbs (when I picked that number I thought there was no possible way I would get there). I took last summer off on maintenance as there were too many home projects scheduled for me to track and log food. I rejoined the main team last fall with the idea to get down to 175lbs as my ultimate ideal but life throws curveballs and I haven't been able to focus or take time for myself to plan or exercise for quite some time. I have mostly maintained within a 10 lb pendulum swing up and down for months and I'm hoping soon I will be able to get back on track to continue the downward trend. Right now my plan is eat what's available when I can, and hope that I'm active enough to burn off any excess. Not the most scientific method, but I have the voices of the team in my head, and the mantra that nothing tastes as good and being fit feels. I definitely make better choices now than I did before this journey began.
  • jugar
    It is time for the rest of the Monday people to weigh in, and for the Tuesdays to get in there too ---

ready set go!
    @MoonlitMuse
    @ametoyer1969
    @Ddukbokki69450
    @Kali225
    @JEB03253
    @Athletatrade

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Exercise catch-up for my holiday:

May 26 - 12,838 steps
    May 27 - 28,856 steps
    May 28 - 19,125 steps
    May 29 - 13,763 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    Fairly normal day around here. The plane/travel bloat weigh-in this morning was extreme - biggest retention I've seen yet I think. Plus, it's that time of the month, so those two factors at once led to quite a jump to observe! I couldn't get enough water today... and I'm still parched! I figure I did eat in excess of my maintenance by about ~2000 calories over the vacation, but it'll be interesting to see how long the rest of the bloat takes to come off.

Anyway, day started with my Mom back in Afib so she stayed home from work, and it's Brad and I's work from home day but he had to go into the office for an event, so it ended up being me at home with a sick Mom. Got my workday done with a quick lunchtime appointment for a blood sample, made two meals (a soup and flatbreads), rode the Peloton for 60 minutes, did dishes, and here I am almost ready for bed.

Gonna go refill my water bottle one more time. No amount of water shall quench me!! LOL
  • ashleycarole86
    9a1x9ichupqe.png
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Happy Tuesday!

It took OH about 5 hours to do the first coat of primer yesterday, then I had to sand it all as he has a tendency to lay the paint on a bit thick and not smooth it out. I managed to get all the cutting in done and the ceiling painted, but that, including the sanding, took 4 hours and I finished at 11.30pm. Definitely needed a shower - how many calories do you think are in paint dust?! :D

My PT session this morning was a physio/rehab session for my right shoulder, which was extremely sore after painting the ceiling last night. Got a few tricks up my sleeve to support it through this decorating process, and hopefully it won't need another sports massage as it hurt. Whilst the surface area of the walls is bigger, it won't feel as much effort as the ceiling and will be easier on my body.

Planning to keep up the water intake today but also there's an energy drink in the fridge with my name on it. I don't like resorting to them, but I only have two more days of work to go and I'm determined to power through. I have another therapy session this afternoon which I'm looking forward to. I'm also looking at what tasks I can move to OH's list, but with him being on nights his time is limited today/tomorrow.

Q: if you stay up late and snack after midnight (I worked up quite the appetite painting the ceiling!) would you track it on Monday, or Tuesday? I tend to lean towards Monday and base it around sleep unless it's a proper meal. If we had a full breakfast at the airport at 3am for example, that would be Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.