6/14: 6.25 miles
    6/15: 6.02 miles
    6/16: 6.30 miles
    6/19: 10.02 miles
    6/21: 6.30 miles
    6/22: 5.60 miles
    6/22: 6.25 miles

92.25/100 miles completed for June

I ran 6.25 miles this morning.  It was warm at about 80°F, but nice since the sun wasn't fully up yet. @7lenny7 You are definitely crazy for running in 100+ temps. 🙂

I saw  a great blue heron at the creek.  I stopped to give Lilly some carrots.  There was a loose dog next door. He looked at me,  but he didn't bark or come over to me so I just ignored him. 
    twgmaitduecx.jpg
    trajppez5icr.jpg
    ss0f4jv8ey9c.jpg

@eleanorhawkins I'm sorry that your trip was so stressful. I am glad you were able to get some nice runs in.

exercise.png
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Training - I could not do 6 days/week of running. The recovery/rest days are just as important, if not more so, than the running days. The stress adds up...stress from running, stress from work, stress from heat...so make sure you allow for time to recover, both mentally and physically. Going from 6 to 5 training days per week is not abandoning the plan, it's recognizing all of the stressors in your life and adjusting accordingly.

Thanks for your insight. I have been running for 4-5 years now (I don't actually remember when I started) and still very much feel like I am trying to figure out what works for me and what doesn't. When I went from 3 to 4 days then 4 to 5 days a week of running I noticed actual gains in my fitness. I'm not sure yet if going to 6 will work for me. It's hard because I made this change during the time of year that I find it the hardest to get runs done anyway. Motivation is rarely an issue for me, but I have to talk myself into more runs in the summer than any other time of the year. I am totally willing to adjust mid plan if I need to but I think I'm going to give it a couple more weeks before I make that call. In the meantime, I will take an extra rest day if I need it and see how it goes.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    6 treadmill miles this evening. HR avg 181?!! I never looked at it during the run, but I was thinking it felt amazingly easy today. Thought HR would be about 100 or less! It might have been so low that Garmin couldn't find it so it used cadence 😁

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @martaindale I have an older NordicTrack, but I love it. It has a wide belt and lots of programs. I never did enter my own programs, but think I could have. I hope you love yours. Great running. I think we all fail at math while running. Sorry about the dog owner being a pain.

@kgirlhart Great running. Love the pictures. I hadn't noticed Sunny's (Lily's) light brown on her face before. She is a pretty girl. The first picture it looks like she is thinking "Ok. You have my picture. Now where is my carrot?" LOL

Great run @Teresa502 . Love that your company has a volunteer day.

Wow @Scott6255 . I don't think an average HR of 181 would "feel" easy. That must be an error of some kind. Great running though. What was your speed?
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I'm sorry that your trip did not go as planned. *hugs*

@martaindale That is really frustrating about owners who let their dogs walk off-leash. Even if you think you know your dog's temperament, you never know who/what you might come across that throws them off and makes them act aggressively.

My neck/upper back are feeling a little better today. I ended up going out for my run about 6pm, but it was after a brief rain, so it had dropped from 102 to 95. :D It was seriously hot though, and even though I took water with me, I ended up walking a good chunk tonight. It was a foundation run, so HR zones 1-2, so I just ended up walking a route with some hills to help keep my HR where it needed to be. I ended up with 2.61 miles.

Tomorrow, my training plan starts incorporating hill repeats. I'm working from home tomorrow, so I'll try to get that done in the morning.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Wow @Scott6255 . I don't think an average HR of 181 would "feel" easy. That must be an error of some kind. Great running though. What was your speed?

Just over 10min/mi. I'm sure it was cadence lock. It happens at least once a month with this old watch
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hey everyone! Picky Bars is having their F&F sale. If you want to stock up for summer or start a club sub nows the time!

Use code:
    FRIENDSOFFRIENDS

Good for 25% off site-wide, including the first month of a new Picky Club subscription. Expires July 3rd. Some exclusions apply, like gift cards, Strava bundles, and items with give-back elements.

Pickybars.com

My favs are trail mix fix oatmeal (the pop up cups are great for camping!) and need for seed or mint condition in bars. The drizzle is great but does not ship well when it's 110° lol

ETA photo
    7aprjn9r6o18.jpg
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Now I'm off to spend the weekend on the boat. First I'll drop Kody off at the sitter's, then a slow run on trails of 6-8 miles. The forecast for tomorrow's race is 90% chance of showers. YES!!! Hopefully no lightning to shut down the race. It will be a small affair. They have a 5K, 10K, and HM. 143 total racers, 57 of which are in the HM.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good luck with your race!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I love picky bars! I use the drizzle on fruit for snacks all the time and the oatmeal cups are really good for camping or no prep breakfast on weeks I don't have time to cook. My favorite is the Can't Beet Chocolate. I've also tried their granola. Delish. Time for a restock!

@7lenny7 Good luck for your race! This time of year I would be excited for a wet race too.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    Not sure why someone flagged my post. I only wanted to share a discount code. I get no kickback from it otherwise I would have stated that. But thanks for flagging me as spam!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I love picky bars! I use the drizzle on fruit for snacks all the time and the oatmeal cups are really good for camping or no prep breakfast on weeks I don't have time to cook. My favorite is the Can't Beet Chocolate. I've also tried their granola. Delish. Time for a restock!

@7lenny7 Good luck for your race! This time of year I would be excited for a wet race too.

Can't beet chocolate was my favorite until trail mix fix came out. Still love it though!