TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @KimR_1986 with that increase in exercise you’re increasing your TDEE! Not sure if your goal is based on BSM/RMR or how it was figured. You might want to consider calculating that TDEE and readjust your calorie goal. I re-adjusted mine at the start of the month. You can find apps that’ll calculate it for you or formulas to assist on the web (won’t let me share a link). Also soluble fiber like chia seeds or slow digesting proteins like almonds help me along with guzzling the water. Matcha and Cocao nibs can also help suppress your appetite and assist with your goals along with offering many other benefits. And yeah sometimes we go a little over but it’s like DaffyGirl88 said maintenance is different than deficit. You are rocking it and I’m so proud!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    July 15 and 16

📊: No
    ⬇️: Yes
    👟: Yes
    💬: Have gained past my starting weight :o , Im ready to stop gaining! lol I know it's a process, hopefully by end of August I'll lose everything I gained :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,635 Member
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    MUAC Daily Post: Sunday (7/17)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧176 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪 739 kcal’s : Rowing, Dancing, yoga + strength ⛑ +65 PAI (244), 👟 13,970

Goals/Day/Comments: 🎉 Wahoo! Ya’ll I’m officially down 20LBS from where I was at the start of April. Nothing could erase today’s joy! Most of that decline came from the encouragement of this group!!!! You are all amazing and I thank you! ❤️

“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” - Zig Ziglar

@JbeanR0212 Wuhoo!! 🥳🥳🥳
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Saturday (7/16)
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 19 hrs 45 min
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 You are right, I went and found a TDEE calculator instead of the BMR the change in calorie burn is hugely different. My BMR is already 2200 a day and with adding the exercise its bringing the TDEE closer to 3300-3600 calories burned a day. This honestly makes sense since that 3200+ calorie burn is what my fitbit watch tells me I'm burning a day. So I guess I should up my calories from my 1700 a day to closer to 2200 mark and see if that makes a difference for a bit.
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Update: Sat 9th Jul
    Track: No
    Calories: I know it was very high, probably 3 times current intake
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day/Comments: 12246 steps, walked 68mins to and from the shops instead of getting the train to get some exercise in. Fasted for 20hrs 14 mins. I went to my niece's birthday party later in the afternoon, I had already accepted this would be a high carb day, ended up having second helpings of food and drinking more than I had planned. There was a lot of my country's traditional food which I hadn't eaten in a while and just couldn't resist. Sigh!

Update: Sun 10th Jul
    Calories: Yes under
    Goals/Day/Comments: 13462 steps, 40mins run/walk and 51 mins walk. Fasted for 20hrs 19 mins. After yesterday's overeating felt so bloated and dehydrated. I know the scales will be high tomorrow but hoping after a few days eating low carb again will get right back to where I was.

@Naija82

At least you enjoyed yourself and you did it with Intermittent Fasting :) You’re doing amazing with exercise!! Keep it up👟 I was doing Intermittent Fasting before changing to a higher fat diet. I was doing 20:4. I think I’ll resume 20:4 fast in August. It’s great when you don’t have to think about food most of the day, can get so much stuff done!

How long have you done 20 hour fast? How long do you intend to do them?
    Thank you!

I've done IF officially off and on for the last couple of years. Restarted in the last 6 weeks where I set myself a minimum goal of 16hrs so I vary daily, averaging about 19.5hrs. I actually started the low carb and IF at the same time.

What I hope to move on to once I am fully adapted is incorporating some 24-72hr fast

Nice! I have done a 24 hr fast by accident and it wasn’t bad. I would like to do a 7 to 21 day fast like 2 to 3 times a year eventually

Same would love to do a much longer fast, did 7 days once years ago and tried for 10 days but only made it to day 3. Lots of great benefits will longer fasts

Nice, how was the 7 days? What benefits did you notice for yourself?

The first 2 days were hard but once day 3 comes it felt much easier

I felt better mentally! It's like my brain was suddenly sharp and clear
    My stomach issues significantly reduced
    Had some bumps on my body that cleared up and some back pain that went away.

I mainly like the longer fasts for the autophagy, the cell destruction and repair. Some say it has helped them cure diseases etc
  • Naija82
    Options
    Update: Thu 14th Jul
    Calories: Was under
    Exercise: Yes - 13747steps, 4.53 miles walked, 86 mins and 40 mins running ( Run 8 Walk 2 x4)

Update: Fri 15th Jul
    Calories: Was almost double my allowance, managed to woof down a bag of pistachios.
    Exercise: Yes - 7147 steps, 3.33 miles walked, 65mins. Wanted to do a run but had to pick nephew early from school

Update: Sat 16th Jul
    Calories: Very high
    Exercise: Yes - 12908 steps, 1.64 miles walked, 39 mins and 48 mins running, this time no walking, very disappointed that I only did 5k in that time, just can't seem to move fast.

Update: Sun 17th Jul
    Calories: Very high again
    Exercise: Yes - 11318 steps, 2.93 miles walked in 55 mins

Goals/Day/Comments: Sorry haven't posted in a while have been busy with the nephew and niece. I have a new appreciation for parents who have young kids and work. I was off work but still shattered at the ended of the day so can't imagine how they cope with it all the time. My nephew was sick for a few days so my anxiety was up and barely got any sleep, glad he is okay now.

I have been overeating a lot in the last 3 days and unfortunately gave in to the high carb temptation at my brother's house luckily I am back home where there is none of that. This week is to keep within my daily calorie/carb limits and exercise some self control. Also no more buying pistachios

Looks like I'm not going to lose any weight this month 😟 instead I will gain.
  • Naija82
    Options
    Exercise: Yes - 💪 739 kcal’s : Rowing, Dancing, yoga + strength ⛑ +65 PAI (244), 👟 13,970

Goals/Day/Comments: 🎉 Wahoo! Ya’ll I’m officially down 20LBS from where I was at the start of April. Nothing could erase today’s joy! Most of that decline came from the encouragement of this group!!!! You are all amazing and I thank you! ❤️

“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” - Zig Ziglar

Woohoo!! Well done, that is an awesome achievement!
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Daily 7/17
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, 90 minute walk
  • sandkp
    Options
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 19 hrs 45 min
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Update: Sat 9th Jul
    Track: No
    Calories: I know it was very high, probably 3 times current intake
    Goals/Day/Comments: 12246 steps, walked 68mins to and from the shops instead of getting the train to get some exercise in. Fasted for 20hrs 14 mins. I went to my niece's birthday party later in the afternoon, I had already accepted this would be a high carb day, ended up having second helpings of food and drinking more than I had planned. There was a lot of my country's traditional food which I hadn't eaten in a while and just couldn't resist. Sigh!

Update: Sun 10th Jul
    Calories: Yes under
    Goals/Day/Comments: 13462 steps, 40mins run/walk and 51 mins walk. Fasted for 20hrs 19 mins. After yesterday's overeating felt so bloated and dehydrated. I know the scales will be high tomorrow but hoping after a few days eating low carb again will get right back to where I was.

@Naija82

At least you enjoyed yourself and you did it with Intermittent Fasting :) You’re doing amazing with exercise!! Keep it up👟 I was doing Intermittent Fasting before changing to a higher fat diet. I was doing 20:4. I think I’ll resume 20:4 fast in August. It’s great when you don’t have to think about food most of the day, can get so much stuff done!

How long have you done 20 hour fast? How long do you intend to do them?
    Thank you!

I've done IF officially off and on for the last couple of years. Restarted in the last 6 weeks where I set myself a minimum goal of 16hrs so I vary daily, averaging about 19.5hrs. I actually started the low carb and IF at the same time.

What I hope to move on to once I am fully adapted is incorporating some 24-72hr fast

Nice! I have done a 24 hr fast by accident and it wasn’t bad. I would like to do a 7 to 21 day fast like 2 to 3 times a year eventually

Same would love to do a much longer fast, did 7 days once years ago and tried for 10 days but only made it to day 3. Lots of great benefits will longer fasts

Nice, how was the 7 days? What benefits did you notice for yourself?

The first 2 days were hard but once day 3 comes it felt much easier

I felt better mentally! It's like my brain was suddenly sharp and clear
    My stomach issues significantly reduced
    Had some bumps on my body that cleared up and some back pain that went away.

I mainly like the longer fasts for the autophagy, the cell destruction and repair. Some say it has helped them cure diseases etc

Thanks for sharing! :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 17 July
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 🚴‍♀️🧘‍♀️🛶
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Monday (7/18)
    Calories: Yes - Net Under / 💧148 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪 3,245 kcal’s : SUP, Kayaking + Swimming ⛑ +75 (Daily Max) PAI (262), 👟 38,645

Goals/Day/Comments: Wowsa! I was amped again yesterday! Spent almost 14 hrs at the lake and was actively paddling/swimming just shy of 10hrs. (racing my son + best friend for a fair chunk). Not sure where this burst of energy has come from but I’ll take it. I feel better than I have in at least a month. I was sore while we were still moving + shaking yesterday and today there isn’t a muscle outside of my face that isn’t feeling it! Ate late at Red Robin (full Mad love plate) and treated myself to a big Stella but I did skip lunch. Once I stopped moving though I was ready to snooze and that’s about what happened as soon as we got back home. Scored a never used Vertical Climber for $25 (my goal hitting prize) and can’t wait to pick up this evening.

“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new” - Socrates
  • Naija82
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Naija82
    Week 3
    PW = 141.3
    CW = 141.8

Another Monday of being bloated and constipated, I didn't gain as much as I thought I would probably because I was working out but really need to be stricter on the weekends as sabotaging my efforts during the week
  • JbeanR0212
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Thanks all for recognizing my achievement.

@KimR_1986 I’m glad you have better peace of mind about your caloric input/output now. Big hugs and smiles over here.

@Naija82 Hang in there, the month isn’t over yet and was much as you move I won’t be surprised if you still see a loss.

@BlissfulK you were expecting the gain. Excited to see what happens when you start to dropping like a mad cat.

For all of you fasters how in the heck do you do so much? I love food and cannot fathom how you contend over there. That’s massive will power!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 Wow, that's a heck of a day! No wonder you fell asleep!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @brandi_84 @Krysless2 @Mrscanmore Need weigh-ins for last week please ladies. I don't want anyone to get dropped! :)<3
  • sandkp
    Options

@JbeanR0212 congratulations on the loss - that is the best feeling in the world! Keep up the good work.
  • maryphum
    maryphum Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    maryphum wrote: »
    Username: maryphum
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 167.8
    CW: 167.8
    I'm glad I stayed the same. I was worried my new med was going to make me gain some weight. I've been able to exercise and do my morning Jazzercise classes.

@maryphum curious to hear how Jazzercise has been going. Do you like it?

@JbeanR0212 I heard about the free 4-day Jazzercise classes from July 1-4 on Facebook. There's a Jazzercise place about 5 minutes from my house so I signed up. I really enjoyed it and signed up after my free trial. Each of the locations is its own franchise. My locations offers a free 1-week trial. I use to do Zumba many years ago and torn both my ACLs and had reconstructive surgery on both knees. I was told not to do Zumba anymore but really like exercising in a group to music. Jazzercise is very different than Zumba because it's a lot safer on your knees, hips and back.
  • Naija82
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Update: Mon 18th Jul
    Calories: Under this time! Fasted for 21hrs and 23mins
    Exercise: Yes - 11654 steps, 2.5 miles walked in 50mins and 32mins run/walk intervals

Goals/Day/Comments: Almost didn’t make it out today as it’s too hot! I don’t do well in the heat, it’s probably hotter in other countries but in the UK we don’t really have AC or anything so it’s boiling everywhere. Struggling to sleep as well
This discussion has been closed.