TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (July)

Options

Replies

• mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hey y’all sorry I’ve been MIA. My surgery started almost 2 hours later than it should have and they found a second tear in my meniscus that they didn’t see on the MRI. They gave me a nerve blocker so I over did it a little Friday and paid for it Sat and Sunday. I don’t like narcotics so I’ve just been taking my ibuprofen to help with pain and swelling. Was able to ditch the crutches today and hope to start physical therapy soon. They are talking 6 weeks worth, but I’m a feisty one, so hopefully not that long. My eating has been utter crap being stuck on my bottom, boredom eating is getting the. Eat if me. Really gotta work on that for tomorrow and am back to work Wednesday, so that will help! Thanks for checking in, ready to be back to kicking butt ❤️
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    maryphum wrote: »
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    maryphum wrote: »
    Username: maryphum
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 167.8
    CW: 167.8
    I'm glad I stayed the same. I was worried my new med was going to make me gain some weight. I've been able to exercise and do my morning Jazzercise classes.

@maryphum curious to hear how Jazzercise has been going. Do you like it?

@JbeanR0212 I heard about the free 4-day Jazzercise classes from July 1-4 on Facebook. There's a Jazzercise place about 5 minutes from my house so I signed up. I really enjoyed it and signed up after my free trial. Each of the locations is its own franchise. My locations offers a free 1-week trial. I use to do Zumba many years ago and torn both my ACLs and had reconstructive surgery on both knees. I was told not to do Zumba anymore but really like exercising in a group to music. Jazzercise is very different than Zumba because it's a lot safer on your knees, hips and back.

Thank you for the feedback @maryphum I’ve been considering it but I think you might have just sold me. I’m not a big skier or snowboarder especially with my bad ankle so I think I might plan on taking a class come winter. And yes hips especially I feel with Zumba and not in a good way.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Can I just say I’m missing you @ajdvegan?!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88

Sunday Weigh in was 154.6! 🙃

I really think I hit my peak finally!

@JbeanR0212

Thanks for the encouragement! It was a slow start to get fat adapted because of the weight gain I knew that was coming. Excited to start losing with more of a gradual consistent trend downward to goal. Now that I changed lifestyles, I don't know what my goal weight is anymore since your body will go through recomposition where you lose inches and the weight will redistribute between fat, muscle, and bone. I belive I should be 130lbs or less. Original goal was 120lbs. We'll see where health and fitness takes me :)

Intermittent Fasting has many benefits for health and fitness. I also like it for time freedom. It is so nice not to worry about food. People really do well with fasting when they eat nutrient dense foods before Fasting. There are also many variations of Fasting that works for different people.

July 17

📊: Yes
    ⬇️: Yes
    👟: Yes
    💬: I need to be mindful of working out while out of town. Managed to do an hour today. Feel I'm behind. Hoping to get a workout in the morning :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    Can I just say I’m missing you @ajdvegan?!

Yes you can. 😊 Me too, but I think they were traveling?🤷‍♀️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 18 July
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 So glad you're up and about and popped in to say hello! Don't overdo it and make your recovery longer!! Rest now so that you can come back stronger. <3
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Tuesday (7/19)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under (by 2) / 💧144 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪 452 kcal’s : 1hr. Walk, Yoga & Strength ⛑ +13 PAI (266), 👟 12,899

Goals/Day/Comments: Legs and many other muscle groups are still sore though so I’ll continue to take it a bit easy.

“Keep your vitality. A life without health is like a river without water.” - Maxine Lagacé
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88

Sunday Weigh in was 154.6! 🙃

I really think I hit my peak finally!

@JbeanR0212

Thanks for the encouragement! It was a slow start to get fat adapted because of the weight gain I knew that was coming. Excited to start losing with more of a gradual consistent trend downward to goal. Now that I changed lifestyles, I don't know what my goal weight is anymore since your body will go through recomposition where you lose inches and the weight will redistribute between fat, muscle, and bone. I belive I should be 130lbs or less. Original goal was 120lbs. We'll see where health and fitness takes me :)

Intermittent Fasting has many benefits for health and fitness. I also like it for time freedom. It is so nice not to worry about food. People really do well with fasting when they eat nutrient dense foods before Fasting. There are also many variations of Fasting that works for different people.

July 17

💬: I need to be mindful of working out while out of town. Managed to do an hour today. Feel I'm behind. Hoping to get a workout in the morning :)

This was for Monday July 18***

Some how missed a day
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Update: Tue 19th Jul
    Calories: Yes under. Fasted for 22hrs and 1min
    Exercise: Yes - 10235 steps, 1.78 miles walked in 34mins and 27mins run/walk intervals

Goals/Day/Comments: Another hot day, quite a few houses caught fire in the city, very scary. Glad this is the last day and temps will be a little cooler
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Monday (7/18)
    Calories: yes
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 23hrs 0min

MUAC Daily Post: Tuesday (7/19)
    Calories: no over
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 15 hrs 15 min
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Daily 7/18

Daily 7/19
    Under: no
    Exercise: no and no more for the next month and a half.

Well now I've gone and hurt myself trying to exercise like a fit person for the GoT challenges. Spent today at the doctors office after a god awful amount of pain in my foot and ankle when I woke up this morning. Turns out I gave myself peroneal tendonitis and the order to stay off my feet and wear a brace for 6 weeks to let it heal before I do any permanent damage. To say I feel a bit defeated is an understatement.

• JbeanR0212
    edited July 2022
    Options
    KimR_1986 wrote: »
    Daily 7/18

Daily 7/19
    Under: no
    Exercise: no and no more for the next month and a half.

Well now I've gone and hurt myself trying to exercise like a fit person for the GoT challenges. Spent today at the doctors office after a god awful amount of pain in my foot and ankle when I woke up this morning. Turns out I gave myself peroneal tendonitis and the order to stay off my feet and wear a brace for 6 weeks to let it heal before I do any permanent damage. To say I feel a bit defeated is an understatement.

I’m so sorry to hear this @KimR_1986. I’m glad you got it checked out though. Listen to the doctors & follow their advice for recovery while getting in whatever movement you can. I’d also ask about stretches or strengthening exercises you can do to help at your follow up visit.

I permanently damaged mine as a high school athlete. The only option for me is surgery to cut + fuse it back to shorten the length and that’s expected only to get me to 75-80%. I declined the operation and essentially wear a brace constantly (I own several kinds depending on the intensity of my activities) and avoid high impact when possible. I also ice, massage and elevate it daily. At times I still have to lay off of it or wear a walking boot. The drops in barometric pressure/cold temps get me the most.

Not adding pressure to you but there are upper body only exercises on YouTube and all for people who are confined to a wheelchair and such (if you are still wanting to move). Sending you big hugs. Listen to your body, take care of yourself and don’t give up.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Update: Tue 19th Jul
    Calories: Yes under. Fasted for 22hrs and 1min
    Exercise: Yes - 10235 steps, 1.78 miles walked in 34mins and 27mins run/walk intervals

Goals/Day/Comments: Another hot day, quite a few houses caught fire in the city, very scary. Glad this is the last day and temps will be a little cooler

How scary @Naija82! I’m glad the heat wave in the UK will be dissipating. You are about the only one in my network that hasn’t let the heat stop you from getting out and exercising. I didn’t even know that people there didn’t have a/c’s until now. Hang in there.
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    July 19

💬: Im finally trending down! I should have a loss this week😁
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am now back home in Spain after almost 2 weeks back in England staying with family and my best friend's wedding.
    The trip was amazing! Saw all my brothers and sisters and spent real quality time with my parents.
    My baby is now 7 months old, so my family loved us being there. I won't see them again till I visit at Christmas.
    Stepped on the scale this morning and was not surprised to see a gain! I'm sure se.of it will be water retention from travelling, but the rest is definitely fat gained from too many tasty foods and mums wonderful cooking.

Back to my usual routine and ready to see the scale moving back down again.

Ajdvegan
    Week 3(?)
    PW 155
    CW 157
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 19 July
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @ajdvegan You were gone two weeks and only gained 2 pounds? Shoot...I do that just overnight!! LOL Good job and welcome back!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @Naija82 OMG! How scary! Stay safe! :o
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @KimR_1986 Oh no! :( I hurt mine a few years ago and it was not fun. I tell ya feet problems are not fun at all. In the last 8 years I've broken both my feet, had peroneal tendonitis, and cortisone shots for a heel spur. My heel spur flared up again in Feb/Mar and I'm just getting to the point where I can go for walks/hikes again. With inserts in my hiking shoes of course. You need your feet for everything. I totally empathize with what you're going through. :(
This discussion has been closed.