sandkp wrote: »
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    July Week #3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 203.0
    CW: 206 4

Okay team.. I am floundering and that mountainclimber is rising again. I watch the scale rise and just picture the price is right game... at what weight does it fall off the mountain? I also know that carbs aka pasta for me creates an instant gain that doesnt go away. I can gain 1 or 2 lbs overnight and then never fall back to the before weight. I was 197 end of May.. summer with the boys home and fixing more homey meals definitely has not helped me! I have picked up more exercise with GoT challenge but not back to the high intensity stuff I was doing in dec to feb.. but then had to back off for fear of injury. I wont give up, just have to reevaluate how best to get a good workout... if I dont sweat I dont seem to lose... weights may tone but they just have me hold or gain. I know the scale isnt everything... that is why I measure too.. and yeah they have gone up too. I need to refocus my food plan in my eating window and maybe try some longer fasting to jumpstart myself.

Sorry for rambing here but it helps me to go back n read my rambled thoughts.

@sandkp hang in there. Ramble away, that’s what we are here for & I use that log in the same way (the Just Give Me 10 Days group all utilizes this tracking mentality). Fasting is great but remember your body needs nourishment too so please don’t turn it into a punishment. I personally love carbs & I believe in their power. I have found cycling them (alternating days - high carb/low fat/low protein/high intensity cardio - low carb/high fat/high protein) is my ticket to success. Not only does it power my workouts, it helps keep cravings down so I don’t binge and seems to keep my metabolism confused/challenged. I‘ve heard great advice from DaffyGirl88 too….. export your data, look for a trend & try adjusting. Since you have modified your diet with the boys home and exercise from GoT you may just be carrying some bloat and retaining water. I have found that affects me more than you would think. Not an expert, maybe all the fasting has slowed your metabolism? You could try many small snacks throughout the day for a week and see if it gives you the boost you are looking for 🤷‍♀️. Give yourself some grace but don’t give up. Squeezing you virtually over here 🤗.

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,671 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ajdvegan wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88 In August I will be traveling for 3 weeks and so can't weigh in. I would like to stay in the team so I can continue in September once I'm home again. Would that work? Should I just weigh in for the weeks I have access to a scale in August and just check in without a new weight for the weeks I'm away?

@ajdvegan Well you're just a travelling fool aren't you? LOL We definitely want to keep you! We have a few options, take your pick. You are supposed to be dropped if you miss 2 weigh-ins in a row. I can carry your weight over (really only supposed to do that one week), you can weigh-in at some point during your travel, or you can post a weigh-in with some random number, whether or not you have actually stepped foot on a scale. ;) This isn't weight watchers where you have to weigh in in from of the group. 😯 If you say you weighed in, who are we to question? 🤷‍♀️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    MUAC Daily Post: Thursday (7/21)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Net Under / 💧176oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪436 kcal’s : HIIT, Tai Chi, Walking + Strength ⛑ +30 PAI (280), 👟 11,457

Goals/Day/Comments: Dying to put my new climber to work but patience is a virtue right? Even though they were still sore I was telling myself “no pain, no gain”. I thought I had recovered enough to do the Darbee Lumberjack workout on my morning break (GoT challenge). Oye was I wrong! Quads weren’t only screaming but were literally shaking and wobbly on the last set (3). Stretch it out, walk it off, Ice, rest, repeat. Fighting to hear the message below but sharing to others who might also benefit.

“Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is rest.” - Mark Black
    REST DAYS
    ✔️ RESTOCK GLYCOGEN STORES
    ✔️ BUILD STRENGTH
    ✔️ MINIMIZE FATIGUE
    ✔️ REDUCE RISK OF OVERUSE INJURIES
    ✔️ AVOID MENTAL BURNOUT
    ✔️ HELP YOUR BODY REPAIR ITSELF

@JbeanR0212 Thanks for the reminder, good advice for all of us. Too many of our teammates on injured reserve lately. :(
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In Post: (Thursday)
    JbeanR0212
    Week 3
    PW = 160.6
    CW = 158.1

@JbeanR0212 Nice!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    July Week #3

Okay team.. I am floundering and that mountainclimber is rising again. I watch the scale rise and just picture the price is right game... at what weight does it fall off the mountain? I also know that carbs aka pasta for me creates an instant gain that doesnt go away. I can gain 1 or 2 lbs overnight and then never fall back to the before weight. I was 197 end of May.. summer with the boys home and fixing more homey meals definitely has not helped me! I have picked up more exercise with GoT challenge but not back to the high intensity stuff I was doing in dec to feb.. but then had to back off for fear of injury. I wont give up, just have to reevaluate how best to get a good workout... if I dont sweat I dont seem to lose... weights may tone but they just have me hold or gain. I know the scale isnt everything... that is why I measure too.. and yeah they have gone up too. I need to refocus my food plan in my eating window and maybe try some longer fasting to jumpstart myself.

Sorry for rambling here but it helps me to go back n read my rambled thoughts.

@sandkp oh hon, ramble away. As @JbeanR0212 said, that's what we're here for. I totally understand about the pasta, it does the same thing to me. :s I know it's a PITA to fix two separate meals but is there any way that you can make the high carb/fat meal for the guys and a smaller healthier version for yourself? Can you live by the 85/25 rule? Make sure that your breakfast and lunch are on point so that there's room in your allowance for dinner? Make meat, potatoes and a vegetable and let them have the potatoes while you have meat & vegetable? Or even (heaven forbid) make a healthy version for all? :o My kids would've balked if I made them eat like I do all the time but were OK with one night a week. Make pasta primavera instead of meat sauce? No doubt the boys are out with friends some nights and not home for dinner? Have a cobb salad (or something similar) on those nights banking calories for when they are home. I'm throwing out a lot of random ideas here, find one (or two) that work for you.

While my diet is by no means perfect (or I wouldn't need to be here) I'll tell you what works for me. I eat the same thing for breakfast every day. Yes, every day. I have an egg beater omelet with either spinach and feta or cheddar and jalapenos. I have the same thing every day for lunch M-F, grilled chicken breast and salad (wine vinegar and EVOO for dressing). So for dinner I have some leeway, but I still try to control it. I have a salad for dinner every night, same V&O dressing. Lettuce, spinach, onion, bell pepper, they take up space with few calories. Then we have a protein (steak, pork, more chicken...) and a vegetable. My husband likes rice and mashed potatoes, who doesn't?? I'll take a small spoon of those and then fill up on the other things. My husband is happy because he has his meat and starch and I'm happy because I have my meat and veggies.

You can do this, I know you can. You just might have to get creative. Are the boys off with friends or home all the time? Are there activities you can do together like kayaking, biking, hiking or pickleball at Baggett Park? Even bowling (if you stay away from the soda and fries LOL)! It's active and you can spend time with them too. Win/win!

Losing weight doesn't require you to kill yourself with excessive rounds of HIIT cardio. It just requires that you burn more calories than you take in. Your body doesn't care if you are walking through the local park or doing crossfit. There's a thread with dozens of pages of ideas on Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT). If I can find it I'll post the link. It frequently gets *bumped* because it's so popular and full of good information.

And OBTW...I now have the price is right yodeling stuck in my head TYVM. :D
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In Post: (Thursday)
    JbeanR0212
    Week 3
    PW = 160.6
    CW = 158.1

Woooow!! You are on fire with the weightloss. I need to up my game or you are going to catch me! Suddenly the competition is real 🤣🤣
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @ajdvegan it’s funny how much I have missed you!!!!!! Girl I’m trying! Trying like a mad fool. I don’t know how or why you have this much of an impact on me but you do and I dig it.

• mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    KimR_1986 wrote: »
    Daily 7/18
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Daily 7/19
    Under: no
    Exercise: no and no more for the next month and a half.

Well now I've gone and hurt myself trying to exercise like a fit person for the GoT challenges. Spent today at the doctors office after a god awful amount of pain in my foot and ankle when I woke up this morning. Turns out I gave myself peroneal tendonitis and the order to stay off my feet and wear a brace for 6 weeks to let it heal before I do any permanent damage. To say I feel a bit defeated is an understatement.

I am so sorry Kim! I know how much of a curve ball an injury can take on your journey! Please keep your head up and take the time you need to heal ❤️

@mooreshelly09 I worry about you hun! You better listen to your own advice here.

KimR_1986 wrote: »
    Daily 7/18

Daily 7/19
    Under: no
    Exercise: no and no more for the next month and a half.

Well now I've gone and hurt myself trying to exercise like a fit person for the GoT challenges. Spent today at the doctors office after a god awful amount of pain in my foot and ankle when I woke up this morning. Turns out I gave myself peroneal tendonitis and the order to stay off my feet and wear a brace for 6 weeks to let it heal before I do any permanent damage. To say I feel a bit defeated is an understatement.

I am so sorry Kim! I know how much of a curve ball an injury can take on your journey! Please keep your head up and take the time you need to heal ❤️

@mooreshelly09 I worry about you hun! You better listen to your own advice here.

Thank you for worrying about me! I promise I'm being mindful and listening to my knee. I had my first physical therapy appt this morning and he said I'm doing great. I can go for walks, just not to push it and if it starts to hurt to stop. He said he doesn't think I will need the full 6 weeks of therapy, so that was good news. Hopefully I also get good news when I see the surgeon. I meet with his assistant on the 1st, and then him on the 22nd for my 1 month follow up.
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    7/21
    Tracked: yes
    Exercised: meh, had PT and also had to do home exercises after work for PT
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Thursday (7/21)
    Calories: no but kind of close
    Fast: goal 16 hr actual 17 hrs 15 min
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Update: Thu 21st Jul
    Calories: Yes under, completed my 42hr fast, actually did 43hrs 27mins!! Feel pretty good. It's was also great not to have to cook or think about what to eat
    Exercise: Yes - 12119 steps, 3.62 mile walk in 70 mins and 30mins of Upper Body strength training
    Goals/Day/Comments: Got myself a 2.2litre water bottle with drink timings so managed to drink a lot today, yay!

Regarding the weight gain, I feel you ladies mine is creeping up as well but noticed I am leaning out even if the scale doesn't show it.
  • mooreshelly09
    Options
    Mooreshelly09
    PW: 185.8
    CW: 191.4

Sorry y’all. I knew it was gonna be bad. Working to get my eating back under control and doing what I can with exercise.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post: Friday (7/22)
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧148 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 💪315 kcal’s : Yoga, Walking + Strength ⛑ +21 PAI (253), 👟 9,845

Goals/Day/Comments: Legs are feeling much better but not normal yet. I might take kids to rec center this evening so I can soak in hot tub.

"Believe in yourself. Trust the process. Change forever." - Bob Harper
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Thursday 21 July

Weigh-in Week 3
    PW: 140.2
    CW: 139.9

BOOM!! There it is! I've been trying to get below 140 for three years now!!! Kept getting close, but just couldn't bust through.

@DaffyGirl88 this is huge! What fantastic Friday news, congratulations. Thanks so much for sharing. And regarding NEAT, learning everything that pours into my TDEE changed my lifestyle. This aspect alone turned me into a fidgeting, toe tapping, toosh sliding, pacing, kegel queen. 😉

Same goes for you @Naija82, I’ll take my measurements over the scale anytime!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
  • sandkp
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    July Week #3

Sorry for rambing here but it helps me to go back n read my rambled thoughts.

@sandkp hang in there. Ramble away, that’s what we are here for & I use that log in the same way (the Just Give Me 10 Days group all utilizes this tracking mentality). Fasting is great but remember your body needs nourishment too so please don’t turn it into a punishment. I personally love carbs & I believe in their power. I have found cycling them (alternating days - high carb/low fat/low protein/high intensity cardio - low carb/high fat/high protein) is my ticket to success. Not only does it power my workouts, it helps keep cravings down so I don’t binge and seems to keep my metabolism confused/challenged. I‘ve heard great advice from DaffyGirl88 too….. export your data, look for a trend & try adjusting. Since you have modified your diet with the boys home and exercise from GoT you may just be carrying some bloat and retaining water. I have found that affects me more than you would think. Not an expert, maybe all the fasting has slowed your metabolism? You could try many small snacks throughout the day for a week and see if it gives you the boost you are looking for 🤷‍♀️. Give yourself some grace but don’t give up. Squeezing you virtually over here 🤗.

@JbeanR0212 Thanks for the information. I definitely like food too much to make it a punishment. Carbs in some forms are okay - just pasta noodles seem to stick to me like glue. I was wondering about the water/bloat but feel like I have been using that excuse as to why it has been on the steady climb so at some point I have to bite the bullet and say hey Chicka - get with is - it is YOU that needs the reset. I will take your suggestions into account as I work through my plan over the next couple weeks. I plan to dive into some research and make a good plan and part of that plan is knowing when I can and cannot execute it to start... so hoping the timing will be after the move in back to college as I know I will be better at not failing if I do that instead of the next couple weeks. In the mean time I plan to work on my exercise routine and if I carry water/bloat due to that while adjusting that will be okay.
  • sandkp
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    July Week #3

Sorry for rambling here but it helps me to go back n read my rambled thoughts.

@sandkp oh hon, ramble away. As @JbeanR0212 said, that's what we're here for. I totally understand about the pasta, it does the same thing to me. :s I know it's a PITA to fix two separate meals but is there any way that you can make the high carb/fat meal for the guys and a smaller healthier version for yourself? Can you live by the 85/25 rule? Make sure that your breakfast and lunch are on point so that there's room in your allowance for dinner? Make meat, potatoes and a vegetable and let them have the potatoes while you have meat & vegetable? Or even (heaven forbid) make a healthy version for all? :o My kids would've balked if I made them eat like I do all the time but were OK with one night a week. Make pasta primavera instead of meat sauce? No doubt the boys are out with friends some nights and not home for dinner? Have a cobb salad (or something similar) on those nights banking calories for when they are home. I'm throwing out a lot of random ideas here, find one (or two) that work for you.

While my diet is by no means perfect (or I wouldn't need to be here) I'll tell you what works for me. I eat the same thing for breakfast every day. Yes, every day. I have an egg beater omelet with either spinach and feta or cheddar and jalapenos. I have the same thing every day for lunch M-F, grilled chicken breast and salad (wine vinegar and EVOO for dressing). So for dinner I have some leeway, but I still try to control it. I have a salad for dinner every night, same V&O dressing. Lettuce, spinach, onion, bell pepper, they take up space with few calories. Then we have a protein (steak, pork, more chicken...) and a vegetable. My husband likes rice and mashed potatoes, who doesn't?? I'll take a small spoon of those and then fill up on the other things. My husband is happy because he has his meat and starch and I'm happy because I have my meat and veggies.

You can do this, I know you can. You just might have to get creative. Are the boys off with friends or home all the time? Are there activities you can do together like kayaking, biking, hiking or pickleball at Baggett Park? Even bowling (if you stay away from the soda and fries LOL)! It's active and you can spend time with them too. Win/win!

Losing weight doesn't require you to kill yourself with excessive rounds of HIIT cardio. It just requires that you burn more calories than you take in. Your body doesn't care if you are walking through the local park or doing crossfit. There's a thread with dozens of pages of ideas on Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT). If I can find it I'll post the link. It frequently gets *bumped* because it's so popular and full of good information.

And OBTW...I now have the price is right yodeling stuck in my head TYVM. :D

@DaffyGirl88 Thanks for all the insight here. It is all so very helpful. I plan to dig in the next two weeks and come up with a plan. I will do a dive on that Link you shared also. Lots of good info there from my quick peek.

I had to laugh - my boys seem like they are ALWAYS here for food/dinner. They don't seem to be the normal teen/early 20's kiddos - they hang at home more than they are out. They definitely don't balk at healthy food - they are athletes/fitness guys so they don't mind eating it. They just require ALOT of food and sometimes that homecooked comfy meal is so much easier in bulk. The bad part of that for me is that it doesn't bother them - they burn it right off - just mom has it all stick around. I also have a hard time doing some of this stuff when they are home because in the mama mindset - they don't get that good homecooking in the mealplan at school. I would say it is my mind that has to change more than their tastebuds.

I do get the exercise calorie in and calorie out theory but in my journey I have definitely seen a pattern of better reliable loss when I do some higher intensity stuff - but I have to balance that with the knee issue and while I have been nursing that back to the higher intensity by low impact / bike and walking I have noticed the slow down of loss... when the knee is good and the high is there in the weekly routine, the loss is more consistent and constant.

I apologize for the Price is Right Yodel -It NEVER seems to go away! LOL -- that is exactly what went through my mind back in October when I jumped back on here at my highest and decided I was doing something. I was driving to Western MD in the Mountains and just looking at the view - unhappy in my own thoughts and that popped in my head. Probably had to do with the scenery but definitely is my motivation. That cliff he hits has that high number on it and I don't want to be close again. I don't even want to be back within 20... so a little work to keep that at bay.
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thursday 21 July

Weigh-in Week 3
    PW: 140.2
    CW: 139.9

BOOM!! There it is! I've been trying to get below 140 for three years now!!! Kept getting close, but just couldn't bust through.

Well done, I'm trying to crack the 130s to
This discussion has been closed.