Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    What is wrong with you people?!?
    0t18q22hbg6f.jpg

Nothing wrong with me!! I drink tea as well. It's good hot or iced sweet or lemoned. I like it that way about once every four years.

I'm just messing with ya! I know how obsessed you are with your coffee!

I joke. You joke. We joke

Me? Obsessed with coffee? That implies I've gone passed an addiction to coffee.

Fine! I'm Obsessed!
  • 19shmoo69
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    I'm getting a big kick out of all this coffee vs tea discussion. I'm firmly in camp coffee, although I only drink very boring coffee.

I like green or regular tea with lemon- hot or iced and I like Constant Comment. So I guess I only drink boring tea too, but I'm OK with that!

@19shmoo69 - Baby formula in coffee? Why would you do that to the poor coffee?!?!

Welcome everyone! Exciting to have so many new and returning members this month!

Lisa

Finally somebody sides with the coffee. Every other time people are like Of Your Poor Wife or How Could You Do That To Her?

I did it once. That's it. Once. (Hand slapped)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Like I said in my sign up registry I’m canceling my Beachbody subscription this month. I’ve had it 3 years and the support there became less and less until really there was never more than two people in my group posting at any time and never the same two people. The coach was busy and didn’t have time to set up challenges so I just lost all motivation and it became a waste of money.

I’m a long time MFP user though! 😁
    Started in 2011 and hit my goal weight pretty quickly. I had a great group of supportive friends. Technology wasn’t as easy back then and I moved to an area with no wifi. Gained it all back plus some. Finally got connected again and had to scrounge up another great group of supporters. Lost it again pretty quick. It’s been the same rollercoaster ever since, I was actually doing better than I ever had.. i lost beyond my goal weight and had been maintaining for awhile and then Covid hit my daughters senior year of school. I fell completely off track and into a depression tried time and again to get back to it and failed. This past year was my youngest sons graduation and it was really hard on me. I not only had gained back everything but went over the 200 lb. mark and gained 12 lbs more than I had ever weighed in my life. I’m ready to get out of the 200’s and never see that number on the scale again.

I have a good group of MFP friends right now but I’m just not being challenged to push myself. I’ll do great for 3-10 days and then slack off again. I desperately need this challenge. When I’m challenged I succeed!!! I’m a bit new to the forums, I only use my phone and it’s a bit of a headache but then again logging into MFP has always had its own issues so I can deal!!! Thank you all in advance for getting me out of my funk!!! 😊

Whilst I was carefully paroozing your post, I noticed a subject matter that was not addressed. In some circles it would be an important subject. The subject is Coffee. Are you a coffee enjoyer?

😂😂😂 how did you know I’m having an internal battle with this right now!?

I tried to get away from non-dairy coffee creamer when I read it was top 5 worst things to put in your body. Was able to drink it black for a couple of years but I just can’t do it anymore. I’m currently trying every add in I can to love it again but so far it’s not working….

Have you tried keto coffee? Or heavy whipping cream? A non dairy option is nut creamers.
    I put baby formula in my wife's coffee once. She didn't drink coffee or talk to me for a week. Baby formula is not a good option.

🤦🏻‍♀️😂 I’m so glad no one has ever done that to me 🤣🤣🤣

I drank it with butter blended in for years!!! Love it that way. I travel a lot and although it is doable it’s not always easy to do on the road. Also I’m back to counting calories not carbs!

I’ve tried everything yet nothing tastes quite like non dairy powdered cream but I have to use entirely too much to get it to taste okay! 🤷🏻‍♀️

I actually add heavy whipping cream to my hot tea though!
  • tupsundus
    tupsundus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am back from my three-week holiday (it was absolutely wonderful!) - I hope I am not too late with my update to re-join the group for the August challenge.

PW: 173.5 (78.7 kg)
    CW: 174.4 (79.1 kg)

I gained some weight, but I am not surprised - while I did stick to my exercise regime (running or doing 30-minute workouts at least five times a week + a lot of walking), I did not count my calories. Simply enjoyed life :) But the holidays are now over and it's time to get back to work.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Me again. Sorry I dropped out last month. It's been difficult lately to do the things I need to do to be healthy. But it's definitely improved from 6 months ago.
    I would like to rejoin for August. Still aiming to lose 10kg (22lbs)

Krea4
    Monday
    PW- 73.9 kg 162.9lbs
    CW - 73.1kg 161.1lbs

Lost - 10 - 0.8 = 9.2kg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Hi MS.. Another new member joining your marvelous team ..Please welcome @happysquidmuffin :)
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi! New member of Mission Slimpossibles! Looking forward to the August challenge.
    I'm Tuesday weigh-in, PW: 170, CW 143. It would be really nice to get below 140 by September!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda that is great news about your parents and I’m sure a big relief for you. Joe is doing really well lately. I feel like we are settling into a new routine that is working for us. I just can’t get complacent about his health or we will be in the ER for sure. :#

@shaunarlr83 I had gotten myself totally hooked on no dairy powdered creamer years ago. I don’t know what kind of chemicals they use but it’s very tasty….and addicting! ;)

What I read said it was one chemical compound away from being plastic!!! 😬😬😬 That was why I stopped it! It does taste good though 😂 never thought I would say that about plastic!!!
  • cybernurse251
    cybernurse251 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi new member of slim possibles also
    I am a Monday weighing in
    Im 60 and every lb is a struggle , but I’m ready for this challenge .
    Pw 270
    Cw 254.8
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    tupsundus wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I am back from my three-week holiday (it was absolutely wonderful!) - I hope I am not too late with my update to re-join the group for the August challenge.

PW: 173.5 (78.7 kg)
    CW: 174.4 (79.1 kg)

I gained some weight, but I am not surprised - while I did stick to my exercise regime (running or doing 30-minute workouts at least five times a week + a lot of walking), I did not count my calories. Simply enjoyed life :) But the holidays are now over and it's time to get back to work.

@tupsundus - All set! Welcome back!
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    @broncobuddee
    Hello! I would love to rejoin for the August group! I had my surgery and ready to recommit! Weigh in day will be Fridays.

@leonadixon Welcome back!! We just need a starting weight. Thanks!
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Enjoying the coffee/tea discussion!

I'll just add: hot coffee, iced tea! I do NOT understand iced coffee, nor hot tea.

gnin9blld07g.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    The August Team Chat is open! Finish up today's weigh-ins here, and go to the new month to introduce yourself, tell everyone about your goals and commitments for August:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870454/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-august-2022/p1?new=1
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day:Saturday
    Starting Weight: 258.5
    PW : 255 lbs
    CW 254 lbs
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    The August Habit Tracker is also up and ready to be filled in -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870457/f2f-habit-tracker-august-2022#latest

Think about a few things you really want to commit to this coming month, follow the instructions in the post, then make the check marks grow!
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 135 lbs
    CW: 135 lbs

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - I knew you would get that joke about hurting the coffee!

@TeresaW1020 - I'm glad Joe is doing better! Keeping him out of the ER is definitely for the best. Another pound lost and that is a beautiful puzzle!

@broncobuddee - Amen to that meme!

Welcome new members! Glad you're here!

This is a quick pop in because I have to go WORK today. We took second place in the lip sync contest and I got a golden microphone as a trophy. Last night at the dinner, I ate half a sub, a bag of baked cheetos and a crumbl cookie and my weight is down today. Interesting how that can happen.

Looks like the project launch was a bit rocky, so who knows what today holds. I'm wearing my Ninja Master shirt for good luck. I've demanded that Hubs take me out for margaritas after work.

Happy Saturday!

Lisa

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 227.6
    CW: 228.4
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! I'm not exactly new to this group but I left for a couple years after going with WW. That worked alright but when they changed the point system again, I was out. I see some familiar faces which makes me happy and excited to be back!!

I'm on Fitbit as: Beth P. or under my email: bethanieisbell@gmail.com

Feel free to send a friend request but let me know on here so I'll accept you!

I'm looking forward to continuing my journey with you guys

I tried sending a request both ways but it kept saying error failed attempt
This discussion has been closed.