WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I did IF in 2020 and had great success with it until I got covid in Aug '21 and haven't been able to get in the groove with it since

@Kali225 I really like the idea of a perfect day to get back on track, it sounds achievable although after a period of being off track, I really struggle to get back on

@ashleycarole86 I would like to join the step challenge with a daily goal of >5,000, Steps for this week are Su 9,411, Mo 5,205, Tu 8,509, We 5,029, Th 9,880

@CupcakeCrusoe Great weigh in today. Your pasta dish looks so amazing!

@jugar Hope you had an good day recording and your bus journey's weren't too bad

@DD265 I haven't heard about pressure headaches so I will do some research and find out more. I am not a natural cook so I follow a recipe to a tee, I do my mis en place and put them in a row so I know what is next on the recipe, lol. Do you have Orchard Valley Harvest where you live, I get the Dark Chocolate Cherries, they are individually wrapped and are 120 calories a bag and I find they satisfy my chocolate cravings

@MsMcClane your post made me laugh, out of the mouth of babes ' cigarettes and walmart'

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yesterday was a perfect day with exercise and all the right food! Today has been a different story πŸ˜ͺ Things got a little stressful really fast. I've been trying to take a final exam for one of my masters courses but the internet won't support my Webcam. I finally decided to just go into work this morning to take my test. My husband noticed a job opening last night in his old building. We are just waiting around to find out if he officially gets the job. I did pass my test which is awesome. Unfortunately I brought home burgers, fries and milkshakes πŸ˜‘ I will just have to be good for dinner!

Congratulations on passing your test, especially after being stressed with the internet o:)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I would like to join the step challenge with a daily goal of >5,000, Steps for this week are Su 9,411, Mo 5,205, Tu 8,509, We 5,029, Th 9,880

Hooray! You got it!

(@jugar when you are back can you add me another row for the August spreadsheet?)
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi team, sorry I'm late to the intro party. Insert home reno based excuse here:....

:D

I'm Courtney, and I live near Ottawa, Canada and work from home as a policy writer in aviation. My home is where all my time and energy is spent, mostly moving rocks around the property as we change our minds on where they should be stacked! :D the latest project has been focused on creating a level pad for a hot tub to ease the aches after all the renovations are done.

My weight loss story involves me losing and regaining the same 60lbs in different increments over and over for the past 20 years. Due to the support of this team, I have maintained my current 55lb loss for over a year. I would like to lose a bit more and tone up my lower body, but I'm in a pretty happy place (you sure get killer biceps from hauling rocks).

@jugar, I'm learning to play the banjo!! I borrowed it from my local library. They have several musical instruments they loan out to citizens. Such a great program! Who knew?!?

I missed my weigh in this morning as I wasn't feeling well and had to skip out on hockey this week as a result. πŸ˜” I think I was also a victim of a pressure headache but it seems to have passed now. 2 games scheduled for next week, not going to miss it this time.

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    Drumroll please.... our final July results! GREAT PARTICIPATION! Everyone should be very proud.. July is a busy month (was one of my craziest!) so I'm so happy to see so many reporting in and being accountable.

anpjawe96jli.png

Looking forward to August!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Also.. MEGA consistency gold star to @Kali225 .... you met your pledge all 35 days of July! WOW!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Made it home - we had a really fun afternoon experimenting with all kinds of things. We even had snippets of Julia Child's voice from her old television shows talking about sharp knives and explaining a recipe. It fit into our improvisation brilliantly - and we had a good laugh!

Food was not great today - a sandwich for lunch, soft ice cream for "supper", veggie crisps, hummus and raw carrots when I got home because the ice cream happened at 4 pm and I was hungry! Hopefully my weigh-in won't be too weird tomorrow. On the plus side, I got plenty of steps, lots of stairs, and even some running in.

Here's the Friday line-up - lots of new people in there - good luck!!
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @ells_bellz
    @LoraineGB
    @dillyg08
    @bobagurl2017
    @CupcakeCrusoe
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Banjo! That is a blast. it is such a cool instrument. Have fun with it!

Step team for July - over 2 MILLION steps! Wow. I love it.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Now that I've got July off my plate, time to catch up with my exercise stats for August week 1:

July 31: 5416 steps
    Aug 1: 9450 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
    Aug 2: 10024 steps
    Aug 3: 9520 steps + 30 minutes strength
  • KayLRZ
    KayLRZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods congratulations on your test!

I thought I was having a great day until I logged in my last meal, dinner. +250 cal. πŸ˜” Still trying to familiarize myself with the app. Anyone know if there is a way to search recipes by ingredients? E.g., "show recipes with sweet potato."

Tomorrow is another day plus a pool day!

My tomatoes are turning! πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @loraineGB I've not heard of that store, but there are various options out there. I have chocolate mousses which are about 90 calories each and because they're eaten with a spoon, it feels like you've had quite a lot. I've also got 10 calorie jellies that are good if it's a general sweetness craving. Sometimes they hit the spot and sometimes only the 'real thing' will do.
    DD265 wrote: Β»
    I am craving chocolate and have asked OH to buy me some on the way home, so I can avoid going to the shop myself and buying All. The. Things. I am feeling that way out, but last time I just binge-shopped and this week I've delegated. Let's see if it's an effective strategy.

Not an effective strategy - he forgot!

I walked down to the shop, bought a 2-serving bar, and we did share it. I walked back via the allotment just to check on it, and spent over an hour talking to our plot neighbours, who'd made a start on clearing their plot today. Maybe it's a good thing I'm normally there on my own lol.
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    My steps this week will only be from Wednesday because my Fitbit wasn't charged before.
    Wednesday 15,201 steps
    Thursday 25,483 steps πŸ˜±πŸ™ˆ

My husband, youngest boy Ben and I went for a walk yesterday. It supposed to be short walk but ended up being 6 mile! 😁 Busy work evening after and my legs are really aching
    today! πŸ˜‚
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    You all are seriously fun today. The COOKIES @PlaneMonkey ! You put it perfectly about the "fluffing it off" slippery slope. Burpees might be a bit extreme, though. I cannot think of any exercise I hate more. I'll do pushups until I drop, but burpees - nope. But I'm sure you can come up with some other sweat-inducing circuit or HIIT thing to get those cookies kicked on out. Of course hockey :smiley: Rack up a few perfect days before your birthday, though. You need cake - one piece! Give away the rest.

@bowens1973 I split up your gain by backdating last week's excused weigh-in. Couldn't let a 2-week result just sit there like that. :wink:

@CupcakeCrusoe and anyone else - no you do not need to tag me when you weigh in. I never pay attention to notifications and never search by tags. Just as long as your weigh-in is at the top of your message, nice and obvious, no tag needed!

Back later - I have to run out to pick lettuces before the deluges begin.
This discussion has been closed.