Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Tiguan26 wrote: »
    Hi SHAPESHIFTERS! hope you've all had a good week. Today is the day I weigh in.

PW 17ST 10LBS
    CW 17ST 5LBS

I converted for you this week, but in the future, please post your weigh-ins as converted to pounds. It just helps to keep everything consistent. Nice loss!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    The Aug Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 7th. Join me for This or That Bingo...a very unusual challenge this week. Let's be open to crazy and just have fun this week. Invite a friend! Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10871008/aug-week-2-group-challenge-this-or-that-bingo/p1?new=1

Jessica :blush:
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Nataliewr0403

Saturday
    PW 137.4
    CW 136.6

Steps
    8/5. 6709

It seems like we are all going thru some troubles, kids, fur babies, health, etc. at times there are hard to deal with and we keep finding strength to keep going so this is my phrase for the week: If you cannot find a reason to dance, find a reason to sing.
    Hope you all have a great week.
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 143.9
    CW: 144.4

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. My husband took the night shift last night, so I got to sleep at home tonight. Thanks for understanding.
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 373 Member
    Steps for Thursday 8/4 and Friday, 8/5:

THU: 12,725

FRI: 15,302

Weigh-in tomorrow!
  • jessicakrall8
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Steps for Thursday 8/4 and Friday, 8/5:

THU: 12,725

FRI: 15,302

Weigh-in tomorrow!

@Walela617 Make sure you see my reply to you on pg 3 or 4 of this thread...concerns your steps and the step challenge...let me know about 7/31 please. Great stepping you're doing so far this month! WOOHOO!
    Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 228.4
    CW 230.2

Hi sorry just a quick post. I’ve been home for almost a week for our two weeks in Europe. I’m happy with the 2 lb gain considering all the pasta, pizza and desserts I had. Lots and lots of walking though.

Off cross border shopping in Michigan today. Love seeing all the things you have in the US vs Canada. Unfortunately it seems inflation has hit a little harder here.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Steps:
    8/3 7,087
    8/4 6,916
    8/5 6,197
  • jessicakrall8
    lx3o82oz0yyw.jpg

Nine missing weigh ins this week (incl today):
    @Jax_Grim
    @gofishs
    @JenHul
    @Motiv8tedMom
    @StacyAru
    @ewilhelm2487
    @SavageMrsMoose
    @ac204
    @Valentina_99v

Stats begin early tomorrow morning (way before I'm up), so please report in ASAP. Thanks!

Steppers...there are lots of white empty spaces on this week's chart...report your steps.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    74biwl435eci.jpg

Step Challenge Results for July

Week 1 - @Pupowl - 122,873 steps
    Week 2 - @Pupowl - 116,383 steps
    Week 3 - @Pupowl - 117,420 steps
    Week 4 - @Pupowl - 105,905 steps
    Week 5 - @SavageMrsMoose - 119,386 steps

Top 3 Overall

1. @Pupowl with 473,478 steps!!!
    2. @FrankWBrown with 384,427 steps!!
    3. @SavageMrsMoose with 357,416 steps!

As a team, we racked up nearly 3.3 million steps! Amazing feat guys...great job! Hope you're having good results so far for August! Thanks for participating!
    Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Happy Saturday everyone. Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I get to work, whats new. My coworker/good friends grandbaby was being morn so i picked up her shift today and I always work Sunday.

Both mine and my sons car is still in the shop but we figured out that my sons cars issues is NOT the head gaskets, thank god. But funny how things work out, my van has some tranny issues so ive been looking for a vehical, now 2 of our 3 vehicals are in the shop, I was using my moms spare and today she called me saying there was a decent SUV that her work would sell me for a good price, so I went and bought a random vehical today 😂
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,044 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Fri 8/5: 16,068
    Sat 8/6: 10,477
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @angmarie28 - Congratulations on the newer car! I hope you get a break from work soon.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    8/5 7,892
    8/6 11,763 (walked on the beach with a friend for an hour)
  • Walela617
    Hi Jessica,

Good morning and Happy Sunday! I thought I posted but probably forgot. I didn't log any steps for Sunday 7/31 because I wasn't wearing my wellness watch and that's usually a rest day for me. I checked my watch and I must have had it on in the morning because it does show 133 steps. (Negligible)!
  • Walela617
    edited August 2022
    Walela617 (All-Time HIGHEST weight was 217.0 lbs. on 2/29/2008)
    (Sunday) Weigh-In Day
    PW: 164.0 lbs (previous weight-07/31)
    CW: 160.2 lbs (current weight-08/07)
    LTD: -3.8 lbs (optional loss to date for August Challenge)
    gmppbts4uong.jpg
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Ac204
    Friday
    PW 194.4
    CW 193.2
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday everyone. Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? I get to work, whats new. My coworker/good friends grandbaby was being morn so i picked up her shift today and I always work Sunday.

Both mine and my sons car is still in the shop but we figured out that my sons cars issues is NOT the head gaskets, thank god. But funny how things work out, my van has some tranny issues so ive been looking for a vehical, now 2 of our 3 vehicals are in the shop, I was using my moms spare and today she called me saying there was a decent SUV that her work would sell me for a good price, so I went and bought a random vehical today 😂

Hey @angmarie28 I left you an IM but haven't received a response...could be the wonky mail system. Please shoot me an email...want to have a chat when you have a second. Thanks!

So sorry you're having all this car trouble at one time...it seems it's always something, doesn't it? Hope it gets better soon!
    Jessica
  • Walela617
    edited August 2022
    Point of interest. I did some research online because my scale says my body water percentage is low. Here's what I found:

The normal range for adult women varies between 45% and 60%. For men, the ideal body water percentage fluctuates between 50% and 65% of the total body. In babies, that number is much higher. The norm is considered to be between 75% and 78%, dropping to 65% by one year of age. I also found this:

2cxf80ecu5bz.png
    Source: https://healthline.com/health/body-water-percentage#body-water-charts Lots more interesting body water info here!
  • jessicakrall8
    Hey Team:

Lots of NWIs last week...nearly half. Just a reminder that if something comes up, please send your captain an IM or make a quick posting to let me know you have to work, go out of town, have a family emergency, spur of the moment vacation, etc and I can fill in your weigh in early, sometimes excuse you for the week, etc. Likewise, if your weigh in day isn't working with your current schedule, it's very easy to move you to another day, just let me know. I'm happy to help in any way I can. If your message requires privacy, you can always email me at jakrall@cox.net and I'll help if I can...or at least lend an ear while you vent.

Hope you're all having a phenomenal weekend and are planning for a great week ahead! I'm not ready for Monday myself...gonna be a BUSY week! (Is there any other kind?!) LOL! WE WILL SURVIVE!

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.