Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @jessicakrall8

I sent you a message privately, but it was never read so I don't think you got it... I sent another this morning. I just can't keep up with the group right now. My mom came down with Covid and now my dad (who is on Chemo) and my husband is having a second surgery Friday. I've just had too much going.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 262 Member
      @jessicakrall8
    • Daily Step goal 6k
    • to fill in the missing date: 7/31 - 12,739
    • It's been really hot so my lunch break walks won't be an option until better weather (bummer). I started (yesterday) making up the steps in the evening: we live in a large property, so walking around the back-yard is likely what I'll be doing. I have a treadmill but my smart-watch counts the activity as an exercise minutes and does not count the steps.

@CasandraW - way to go in getting yourself back into the gym 👍🏼

*Side note/rambling: I' decided to go on a 3 day juice fast, given I indulged a bit too much during my vacation. I've read good things about it's benefits such as removal of toxins, gained/increased energy & clarity. Today is day one and so far so good. Hopefully it won't be too difficult - I've never gone more than a day without solid food (by choice 😆).
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 213 Member
    @Yukie_OP I'm also guilty of the slippery slope.. Still haven't quite gotten back on the same habits I was doing up until April.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    @jessicakrall8

I sent you a message privately, but it was never read so I don't think you got it... I sent another this morning. I just can't keep up with the group right now. My mom came down with Covid and now my dad (who is on Chemo) and my husband is having a second surgery Friday. I've just had too much going.

From my research in the past, @SavageMrsMoose , sometimes messages don't get through unless they're on your friend's list...please send me an invite! :smile: In the meantime, I'll have the MODS move you to the Support team for a while. I hope your parents are ok...it sounds like you're overwhelmed and understandably so...will be thinking of you. Let us know once things are on an even keel and I will have you moved back to the active team. If you ever need to vent, please pop in and say hello in the chatroom...we'd love to hear updates on how everyone is doing! Take care of yourself. I was a caregiver for 16 years for my Mom, so I know how it can exhaust you...take time to just breathe...

Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 900 Member
    @Yukie_OP & @CasandraW I know the slippery slope all too well ! I am still trying to lose my holiday gain,it's just clinging on ! Great at getting back to the gym @ CasandraW.Good luck with your fasting @ Yukie_OP.I tried last Wednesday to eat just 500 calories,all it did was give me an occuler migraine with flashing zig zag floaters.Very worrying as I'm having problems with my blood pressure.
    Had to wear a monitor for 24 hours,not very pleasant having my arm squeezed every 20 mins & every hour through the night.Got to wait a week for the results.So not much sleep that night !
    It's not stopping me exercising though.
    My steps
    8/6 8,332
    8/7 8,594
    8/8 15,749
    8/9 16,171
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Steps
    8/8 - 7,493
    8/9 - 11, 705
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    MsAshleyBing
    Step goal: 6,000
    8/7: 7,421
    8/8: 5,792
    8/9: 5,912
    8/10: 6,320

I take my watch off to charge once a day, usually in the evenings. I probably hit 6000, I just didn't check my steps after my work out the 8th and 9th. 😭

On a side note, my Gfuel came in today! I've been getting Dutch Bros to get my caffeine fix, but it's 560 calories. Gfuel is only 25!! 50 if I have two servings, but I'm usually good with one.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,258 Member
    Current Maintenance Weigh In:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,258 Member
    Steps:
    8/8 7,686
    8/9 9,021
    8/10 7,468
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 262 Member
    @izzyred9400 - Oh, no! not eating enough calories is def not good- I too have some minor issues with blood pressure and I'm sensitive to sugar- if i consume certain sugary items, i get major headaches. I'm very cautious in paying attention to how i feel when trying things like fasting/juicing/ or any kind of restrictive diets, it's usually not worth it and almost always not sustainable.
    @JenHul - awesome step count!
    @msashleybing - arghh, i hate it when that happens (device dies out early) - happens to me all the time. But you're also exercising and that's definitely something! Let me know how you like the Gfuel. I'm a huge coffee fan and started drinking it black about 2 yrs ago to eliminate the extra calories and sugar that comes with sweetened coffee . Now I'll only have a sweetened coffee as a treat.

@jessicakrall8 Steps update below (daily goal 6k)
    8/9: 6,556
    8/10: 6,253

*Juicing update: close to completing day 2 of the juice cleanse - I'm surprised i haven't been all that hungry during this process (thus far), i think the liquids I'm consuming is helping coupled with tons of water. Yesterday evening my energy level was very low so i took a nap and then did some walking around the backyard to get my steps in. Today my energy levels are great! ( i did drink 1/2 cup black coffee in the am - i usually drink about 2 cups daily).
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Good morning MFPals. I made ot through my work week, now im out of town with a couple friends, relaxing and soaking in hot springs. A good mini vacation is exactly what I needed, ahhh

Hey @angmarie28 ...enjoy your mini vaca, but please reach out to me via email once you return jakrall@cox.net as I've left this message several times with no response. Need to chat with you please! Thanks! Have fun!
    Jessica
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Steps
    8/10 - 9,003
    8/11 - 10,568

I'm really trying to get my step count up.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday Weigh-in; August week 2
    PW: 227.3
    CW: 227.8 ( gained 0.5 lbs; 0.22%)
This discussion has been closed.