WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Congrats on the game winning goal on the eve of your birthday! I have to ask, did you beat the team with long ponytails? Love the moon pictures! We are hoping to check it out here and maybe see some of the meteor shower. Might not work out with the moon. You have gotten so much done! Looks so great, nice job!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 181.6
    Loss this week: 0.2 lbs

Good morning WaistAways!

Given that last week's loss was so big, and this week is TOM, I will take this and run with it.

Last night at the gym was a class about floorwork and a class about getting into the splits, and I am feeling that floorwork class this morning. Muscles I didn't know I had are tired.

Thanks for all the support about the chair routine @jugar (you're right that having to perform for people pushes you a lot to improve), @ashleycarole86 (it's September 9th, which feels both too far away and way too soon), and @KayLRZ (hip hop class sounds like so much fun!).

@Tcathey45 my thoughts are with you, your sister, and your family. Take care of yourself, too. :heart:

@eggfreak the garden, much like everywhere in life, thrives when we remove what's not working and encourage what is. :smile:

@KellyBgetsfit a kindergarten teacher! Thank you for your service, haha.

@conleywoods the cage sounds so neat! With lots of little fiddly pieces to sew, I bet. You must be very talented- I can only sew a straight line on a machine, anything more than that and it turns into a mess. :lol:

WAY TO GO:
    @bowens1973, that's a fantastic loss!

@PlaneMonkey the gamewinning goal right before your birthday!? Incredible. Also, your backyard revitalization looks fantastic so far.

Happy Friday, everyone!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options

CW 214.2

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Courtney, happy birthday @PlaneMonkey

Love the hockey pic.. your joy and exuberance radiates through your posts.

Congrats on the return to the 180s!! Have such a great weekend.

@KellyBgetsfit It seems so early for the school year to be starting.. am I nuts?

@micki48 Sorry the after effects of covid are kicking your butt so badly. Glad you're recognizing it and giving yourself patience and not overdoing it. Hopefully you'll be back to full force soon.
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    Happy Friday!

@PlaneMonkey Happy Birthday, hope your day is full of fun and frolics with all you have planned. So much good going on with you, congrats on scoring the winning goal and can't wait for the next installment of reno photos and reports on your games. I can go forward on ice and round a bend, anything else ends up with me on the floor, I salute you!

@conleywoods I admire anyone who can get a hold of their macros and just shows how our self talk can motivate us to make good choices and get results

@CupcakeCrusoe How wonderful you get to strut your stuff, I would love to go to a chair or pole class but until there is one available near me and I get the stones, I will wait for your updates, lol

@Tcathey45 Sorry to hear about your sister. Love to you and your family

@YinxFed I find zoom meetings exhausting too. Enjoy your day off and lie in

@KellyBgetsfit How many questions do you get in a day? Kinders are my favourite aged kids, they're little minds are so open and free and enquiring

@micki48 Wildlife eh. We have a plum tree that is really poorly, I had a bunch of about 5 plums that were getting nicely ripened and the deer ate them. It's with the 5 pear trees that I actively shake for pears to fall for the deer to eat. Do they not know the difference lol?

Today we are off to the Route 66 festival in Springfield, MO, should be a fun day

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @LoraineGB

Sounds fun!! What does that festival entail?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Happy GREEN Friday! So many beautiful green numbers happening - you are all amazing.

First big tiara - to @dillyg08 - you are in ONEDERLAND
    lm14vfeiz21j.png
    Second big tiara - gotta have one with that hockey uniform, @PlaneMonkey . In fact, I think this is you as a child -
    zle9m3m5i7xm.png
  • LoraineGB
    Options

@LoraineGB

Sounds fun!! What does that festival entail?

Apparently, it’s the birthplace of the Mother Road and where Route 66 was named in a meeting in 1926.

There’s a street party, car show, live music, food trucks, shopping and a parade.

It’s our first time going so I’m hoping it’s a lot of fun
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be dismal for steps! I forgot to put on my fitbit this morning, and have been sitting working on a project proposal for most of the day. Going out for a walk now! Even if the day's totals will be sad.
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Speaking of numbers, once I finally put on my fitbit at around 3:30 this afternoon, I then went out and got over 10,000 steps in anyhow. I would not have done that last month when I was not wearing it! The team competition helps a lot. Of course, I then went and blew it on food and wine. Sigh. At least this morning's weigh-in was OK :blush:

Great comeback on the steps! We got home from the festival, I checked my steps and had about 400 to reach 10,000. Thought to myself I’d go to the orchard and drop some pears for the deers so that would get me over 10k and double my move goal (which was also under by about 40 cals)….. squirrel :o totally got sidetracked, stayed on the couch and did achieve either :(
This discussion has been closed.