Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

My Step and exercise stats for last week are:

Sunday - 2705
    Monday - 2229 / 38 mins Biceps & Triceps (Caroline Girvan Iron Day 5)
    Tuesday - 2601 / 36 mins Legs (CG Iron Day 6)
    Wednesday - 1956
    Thursday - 2351 / 33 mins Shoulders & Triceps (CG Iron Day 7)
    Friday - 3466 / 36 mins Glutes & Hamstrings (CG Iron Day 8)
    Saturday - 7418
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    MsMcClane wrote: »
    Question regarding activities on top of steps; Are we to remove our tracker at the time of other activities?
    I think this depends on what the activity is and how your watch responds to it.
    The big thing for consistency across the team is to ensure it's not double counting.
    For example, when I ride my Peloton my watch is on, but it doesn't record that activity as steps, so I track those minutes separately and count them.
    There are also activities like snowshoeing that some of us participate in during the winter, and this of course adds steps, but has an extra exertion to it, so when those minutes are reported they are in the steps already but I add a supplement for the minutes in those steps where the person was snowshoeing. Same with running.
    I don't ever take my watch off throughout the day at all personally. Some might if they feel it's giving them inaccurate steps during an activity.
    Just recommend finding a consistent method of reporting in and sticking with it, but don't sweat the minor details - not too fussy over here.
    Let me know if that didn't make sense!

• MsMcClane
    MsMcClane Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 makes perfect sense. Thank you :smiley:
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

My steps last week 😊
    I am sorry I am late :neutral:
    And I am sorry I cannot make this photo smaller :blush:

kudrqx2u6pag.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    Hi everyone ☺️

I am sitting here and I can feel like I'm going to sabotage myself.
    I just know it is going to be week 3 and as a rule I normally just give up 🙈
    I cannot explain but it feels like I am at crossroads 🙈 I really want to binge eat and I am not even hungry 😦

It is 1am in UK and if I had any alcohol in the house I would probably get drunk lol 🙈

I was looking in the long mirror today and sadly I have no waist 🥺 it is just straight lines and I feel so sad for myself. I used to have hourglass figure and now it's gone due to too many pies 🙈

I really have to pick myself up and carry on.
    I've joined few Fitbit challenges so hopefully I will be ok.

Sorry for the moan, everyone ♥️

Have a lovely Monday 🥰

You came here to at least think about this for a bit - I hope you were able to decide not to give up, or at least not to go too far. Week 3 is always the tough one - the month's new energy is wearing off and now it is just up to us to do the thing some more. It gets harder. I had a bit of a binge tonight too, so thank you for sharing this. Let's have a fantastic Monday ok? A perfect Monday. Plan it out in a realistic way, but then stick to it! In any case hugs to you Ellie :heart:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    Sunday and Monday! Weigh-ins to come:
    @jan110144
    @KayLRZ
    @DD265
    @CarolAnnM2
    @MsMcClane
    @christhiann
    @MoonlitMuse

Week 3 we are here to get you!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi! Quick check in since it’s late here. Got in two nice hikes this week and found beautiful tennis courts nearby. We played for an hour today. It was so much fun. I already know I will feel it tomorrow. We haven’t played in a few years.

My feet are looking like my own again, not Fred Flintstones. 😂 I’m so glad I finally reduced that bp med. I have gotten more cardio in this week than I can remember in a very long time. The resting HR is starting to come back down.

Back to watching Juliet this coming week. Camp is over. Back to Mom Mom camp before the school year begins.

Love the pole dancing photos! Such strength to do that. Good for you.

Ashley, I’ll post steps tomorrow. Hope that’s ok.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,

Week 3 is going to be a doozy for me. I'm going to do my best to stick with smoothies for breakfast each day because after that it's going to be a free-for-all of digging in the fridge to find ANYTHING in-between all the things happening.

This week we have 2 sets of new windows for the house to pick up (and install!) from two different companies, we have the hot tub being delivered tomorrow morning, we have to purchase the electrical wire for the exterior for the tub, plus two extra hoses to fill it with water from the lake with the sump pump system we've rigged to climb up the cliffside of the house, there are 4 dining chairs waiting for us at the department store we ordered them from, the new sofa we purchased will be delivered Saturday so we have to get the old one out, (but not too soon so there's nowhere to sit!), I have to return the banjo and electric guitar to the library before they close on Tuesday, and somewhere in there I'm supposed to plan healthy eating and purchase food.... It looks like it will be a lot of takeout dinners while running errands after work each day, but hopefully we can get it all done.

I guess silver lining is there's no hockey game this week to work around, but that also means to guaranteed sweat-fest to make the scale behave! :D

@ells_bellz Thank you for sharing, the binge desires can be so strong. There are so many times I stand in front of the cracker cabinet (cause I have an entire cabinet for 'forbidden foods') and argue with myself on the merits of enjoying the food vs losing more weight vs just being happy where I am vs I can burn it off tomorrow...... The emotions sure do get all mixed up in there. Sharing the feelings hopefully helped you. This is the perfect place for it.

@bobagurl2017 That's so unfortunate you had that emotional roller coaster over the puppy. Going for a walk was a brilliant way to deal with it instead of reaching for a bag of chips, but heartbreaking all the same.

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Wow, Amazing!!

Looks like a really cool workout spot too, not surprised they asked you to represent them :)
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    @bobagurl2017 we had a similar situation with a puppy. I had been talking to the rescue via email and they gave us a date we could pick up the pup. When that day came, they said they had adopted her to someone else. That was on the Saturday, on the Sunday we went to PetSmart to pick up some stuff and they had an adoption going on.

We walked past the cages and saw these big, sad brown eyes pleading with us to take them home. So we did. We adopted Tobey, a 4yr old Staffie mix. We renamed her Poppy and we had almost 11 years with her, she crossed the rainbow bridge last year at the ripe old age of 14.

I still feel I didn't have enough time with her, she was the cutest, sweetest pup but also had an ornery streak that made me smile every single day. She was quiet, didn't bark, wanted zero affection during the day but wanted to cuddle up at night, so the first pup wasn't meant to be for us. We got the pup we were supposed to have and I hope this happens for your family too <3

• LoraineGB
    Options
    Hi Team,

Week 3 is going to be a doozy for me. I'm going to do my best to stick with smoothies for breakfast each day because after that it's going to be a free-for-all of digging in the fridge to find ANYTHING in-between all the things happening.

This week we have 2 sets of new windows for the house to pick up (and install!) from two different companies, we have the hot tub being delivered tomorrow morning, we have to purchase the electrical wire for the exterior for the tub, plus two extra hoses to fill it with water from the lake with the sump pump system we've rigged to climb up the cliffside of the house, there are 4 dining chairs waiting for us at the department store we ordered them from, the new sofa we purchased will be delivered Saturday so we have to get the old one out, (but not too soon so there's nowhere to sit!), I have to return the banjo and electric guitar to the library before they close on Tuesday, and somewhere in there I'm supposed to plan healthy eating and purchase food.... It looks like it will be a lot of takeout dinners while running errands after work each day, but hopefully we can get it all done.

That's a busy week right there, let me get a coffee before you start :D

This discussion has been closed.