Options

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,499 Member
    Options
    Saturday Aug 20
    Track: Yes
    Calories: 54 over 🙄
    Exercise: Zero. Zilch. Stayed in my pjs all day, which those days are becoming more far and few between! I needed a day to recover from the conducting and I don’t feel one bit guilty over it! Talk about a milestone - here it is: Me not stressing over exercise! 💪🏼 Now, laying around did cause Fitbit to steal a lot of my calories, which is why I’m over. 😒 Oh well! It was worth it!

This! A thousand times this! Never feel guilty or ashamed about taking a rest day. They are as important for your body as exercise. You get a hold star ✨ Nancy. 👏
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Y'all have been sharing a lot lately. I haven't responded but know that I am honored and touched that you feel safe enough in this space to do that. 💕💕
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Saturday 20 August
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Went to the pool yesterday and floated around for an hour in my floaty chair. My girlfriend says I need to flip over because I'm only tan on one side 🤣🤣 But I can't have my 🍹 if I'm floating face down. What's a girl to do? 🤷‍♀️
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post:

Sunday (8/20)
    Calories: Yes - Net Under / 💧144 oz.
    Exercise: Yes - 🤦‍♀️ Much more than I should have

Goals/Day/Comments: I did the exact thing that I started the day saying I wouldn’t do anymore. Ughhh…. I just got back into the game. Always seems justifiable until I can step back in hindsight. Need to work on that. Just like the fridge one @krysless2 shared, I might have to stick a note to my exercise gear.
    “Nothing positive will come from breaking your body so that it matches your soul”

Thanks for the fun visual and chuckle @daffygirl88. Be uneven 😉.
    - I’m also realizing GoT may not be the best influence in this regard. I’m loving the game but….. I might be too competitive. I know I can usually max out every category easy and so I typically do. Whether or not I should is a different story. We’ll see if I can get and maintain control of myself by the end of the season. I committed to that much so I won’t leave my team out to dry.

I might need to sit with Yoda and some of his wisdom today.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words ❤️ I appreciate each of you!
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Hey team I think we missed some weigh-in’s.
    @Arietty32
    @SarKrisD
    @maryphum
    You’re awfully quiet this week. How are things going?
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    I thought you guys might likey!!

g8qlkpalaud1.jpeg

Omgsh hilarious! 😂
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Naija82
    Week 3
    PW = 134.9
    CW = 134.9

Sorry only managed to weigh in the evening spent most of the day in the hospital

Update: Mon 15th Aug
    Track: Mostly
    Calories: Was under, fasted for 19hrs 39mins.
    Exercise: Not officially, 10628 steps by walking around the house

Goals/Day/Comments: Did not have a great day today, woke up with severe abdominal pain, nausea and dizziness, I had never experienced pain that bad in my life. Went to A&E where I spent over 7 hours doing tests, a CT scan waiting and waiting. They saw my blood glucose was really low and my ketones were very high so made me drink some glucose gel, didn't want a lecture on low carb so just took it. The CT scan showed I had bladder stones and an inflamed colon so need to get further tests done. As the pain had started to subside and I didn't want to remain overnight they discharged me. Was exhausted by the time I got home.

So far the pain hasn't come back yet

Sorry you went through this and hoping you’re feeling better. Try to stay away from fiber foods and veggies to help your colon heal. If you private message me your email address we can chat more about best options for recovery. Hope you feel at your best soon ❤️‍🩹

Thank you
  • Naija82
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    I thought you guys might likey!!

g8qlkpalaud1.jpeg

Omgsh hilarious! 😂
    Naija82 wrote: »
    Naija82
    Week 3
    PW = 134.9
    CW = 134.9

Sorry only managed to weigh in the evening spent most of the day in the hospital

Update: Mon 15th Aug
    Track: Mostly
    Calories: Was under, fasted for 19hrs 39mins.
    Exercise: Not officially, 10628 steps by walking around the house

Goals/Day/Comments: Did not have a great day today, woke up with severe abdominal pain, nausea and dizziness, I had never experienced pain that bad in my life. Went to A&E where I spent over 7 hours doing tests, a CT scan waiting and waiting. They saw my blood glucose was really low and my ketones were very high so made me drink some glucose gel, didn't want a lecture on low carb so just took it. The CT scan showed I had bladder stones and an inflamed colon so need to get further tests done. As the pain had started to subside and I didn't want to remain overnight they discharged me. Was exhausted by the time I got home.

So far the pain hasn't come back yet

Sorry you went through this and hoping you’re feeling better. Try to stay away from fiber foods and veggies to help your colon heal. If you private message me your email address we can chat more about best options for recovery. Hope you feel at your best soon ❤️‍🩹

Thank you
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    MUAC Daily Post:
    *Feel free to skip past just working things out

Saturday (8/19)
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧132 oz.
    Exercise: Kickboxing, strength + farm labor (parents)

Goals/Day/Comments: We survived the week! Did a couple hours of work and then decided to take the remainder as a mental health day. Worth it! The hours of work this week without kids interrupting, bickering at eachother and well just being around to lightly distract my focus were a bit of a huge wake up call. Many of my working hours have been spent overwhelmed by grief!

I realized the excessive exercise I’ve been doing these past few months hasn’t just been for weight loss, on a deeper level it has been a harmful distraction. One from what has been too painful to process except when the bubbles begin to fester out. This glimpse in the mirror has added to the sense of being overwhelmed.

In April I kinda shut down. In May I showed up here kicking tail and taking no prisoners. Seeing all my former colleagues at the school asking how I am doing with that empathetic little rub on my shoulder brings it back in but after her watching me fight the tears I had a nice walking chat with my counselor friend. I had my heart crushed and less than 3 weeks later lost my best friend of over 26 years suddenly (stomach flu, asphyxiated on vomit). I instantly lost the only two people in the world I would turn to for anything. Realizing how recluse I’ve become outside of open waters or unpopulated hiking trails. And I am so lonely yet….. afraid to get out and actually socialize again at the same time. The sorrow is just so heavy but I’ve allowed it to fortify itself and it’s time to start really clearing that away. Oh the hypocrisy of failing to accomplish what I’ve spent my professional life advocating. Going to be a long and windy journey.

So here I was crying, meditating, writing my ex a 27 page letter (which I will NOT mail) and talking out loud to Dani’s spirit (aka myself) while working on a memorial sculpture. It was therapeutic but I’m gonna need countless more moments like those before I feel the healing has even begun. Gotta start somewhere I guess but hopefully it’ll give all of you a bit of a break from my madness. I will make the work time up in chunks today & tomorrow.

“I closed my eyes and let the music flow through me, cleansing my soul of all fear and sin and reminding me that I am always better than I think and stronger than I believe.” - Paulo Coelho

Sending you lots of hugs.

It's hard losing a loved one, I didn't know what pain was until I lost my Dad, that was the darkest moment of my life, never thought I would come out on the other side, the pain never goes away but slowly slowly you learn to live with it. I still cry whenever something remains me of my Dad.

Just take each day as it comes along, do what you got to do to get through each day and most of all be kind to yourself

Sorry for your losses
  • Naija82
    Options
    Sorry guys been away from home so haven't had time to post.

Update: Thu 18th Aug
    Track: Some
    Calories: Not sure, fasted for 16hrs 34mins.
    Exercise: Yes, 7 mile run and 12.5 mile walk with my walking group

Update: Fri 19th Aug
    Track: No
    Calories: Probably over, fasted for 16hrs 4mins.
    Exercise: No

Update: Sat 20th Aug
    Calories: Don't know, fasted for 18hrs 21mins.
    Exercise: Yes, 3.57 mile run and 1.26 mile walk

Update: Sun 21st Aug
    Calories: Don't know, fasted for 16hrs 57mins.
    Exercise: Yes, 4.09 mile run, 2.93 mile walk and 6.66 mile hike

Goals/Day/Comments: I haven't stuck to any good eating plan these last few days and no matter how much exercise you do you can't outrun a bad diet. I'm away visiting my brother in another city so we've been eating out, drinking and you name.

Next week I need to follow a low fibre diet plan as will be having a gastroscopy and colonscopy done on Sunday. Can't eat most of my beloved vegetables or nuts.
  • Naija82
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 I won't have access to a scale tomorrow so I can roll over last week's weight or weigh in on Tuesday
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Sunday Aug 21
    Calories: Lirdie, lirdie, lirdie SO over that I think I broke MFP 🤦🏻‍♀️ 🌪🌭🌮🧀🍔🍟🥃🥃🥃🌪🔥☄️⚡️⛈
    Exercise: 10 min walk

As my Polish grandmother used to say when she screwed up, “Boże pomóż mi.” 🙏🏼🤦🏻‍♀️
    TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY. I’m not gonna stress about it. Some was premeditated, some spontaneous. Either way, it is what it is and thank God for tomorrow!
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    @Naija82 it’s not every day you get to spend time with out of town family. Try not to stress over checking in or the diet, you’ve got enough going on. Thinking of you and your upcoming scopes.

• JbeanR0212
    Options
    @therealbluenote tomorrow is a new day indeed! Glad you let your hair down, you deserve “me time”.
  • Naija82
    Options
    @Naija82 it’s not every day you get to spend time with out of town family. Try not to stress over checking in or the diet, you’ve got enough going on. Thinking of you and your upcoming scopes.

Thank you!
  • Naija82
    Options
    Naija82
    Week 4
    PW = 134.9
    CW = 134.5

My brother did actually have a scale. This month I have just been maintaining, which is fine
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    MUAC Daily Post:

Monday (8/21)
    Calories: Yes - Gross Under / 💧144 oz.
    Exercise: Yoga + Walking

Goals/Day/Comments: “Eventually all pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment and know that everything happens for a reason” - Albert Schweitzer
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday Aug 21
    Calories: Lirdie, lirdie, lirdie SO over that I think I broke MFP 🤦🏻‍♀️ 🌪🌭🌮🧀🍔🍟🥃🥃🥃🌪🔥☄️⚡️⛈
    Exercise: 10 min walk

As my Polish grandmother used to say when she screwed up, “Boże pomóż mi.” 🙏🏼🤦🏻‍♀️
    TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY. I’m not gonna stress about it. Some was premeditated, some spontaneous. Either way, it is what it is and thank God for tomorrow!

YAY for a Polish grandmother! Sto lat!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 21 August
    Track: mostly
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options

- I’m also realizing GoT may not be the best influence in this regard. I’m loving the game but….. I might be too competitive. I know I can usually max out every category easy and so I typically do. Whether or not I should is a different story. We’ll see if I can get and maintain control of myself by the end of the season. I committed to that much so I won’t leave my team out to dry.

I might need to sit with Yoda and some of his wisdom today.

@JbeanR0212 I'm usually competitive myself, although lately work has gotten in the way and I've struggled to get the minimum and just said "EFF it!" :/ One thing that helps keep me in check with GoT is there's no value in maxing out every category, the only one that matters is the tie-breaker. You're not helping your team, and CERTAINLY not helping yourself if you overdo it. That's the main reason that there IS a maximum.

Unless it is the tie-breaker, I rarely max out on cardio, even with spinning every day. In the history of GoT no team has ever not met the cardio goal, so I try to work on strength and flex. Especially flex, not sure why so many people hate that. My "usual" plan is to spread my minutes fairly evenly among the 3 categories during the week getting close enough in each to max out once the tie-breaker is announced. Once it is announced I can turn all of my energies - or what's left of them LOL - to that.

That's just my approach but it works "most" of the time. As you have seen it's easy to get thrown a curve ball, but that's the fun of the game. You really can't try and game the system so to speak.

I would've PM'ed this to you but my work computer doesn't allow that. I think there's Java script or something involved there that my Government issued computer doesn't like. POS that it is... Besides, I know there are other people in this thread that may also have a "tendency to overdo it". o:)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Hey team I think we missed some weigh-in’s.
    @Arietty32
    @SarKrisD
    @maryphum
    You’re awfully quiet this week. How are things going?

I second this! Y'all didn't leave us did you?? :'(