• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in UPDATE!
    Sunday - Monday -
    @Terytha
    @CarolAnnM2
    @MsMcClane

I'm hopefully getting through this last few days of craziness - then will be able to put more attention to keeping the exercise and diet on the good path, not to mention hanging out more here with you wonderful people. September is coming! If you have any friends who would like to join us, here is the link. Be sure to tell them to ask for this team if they want to ---

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872624/registration-for-new-members-september-2022#latest

If you are continuing with the team, there is NO need to re-register. You are stuck with us until you ask otherwise!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »
    PW 210.3 ?
    CW 211.3

My weight climb is so awful. I can’t stand it. Not really behaving that differently but I have regained so much since I moved. 🫣😔

I am carry it all around the middle too. Ugh.

I’m going to declare post bankruptcy right now and will try to come back later and read through them.

211.3 is actually 0.5 LESS than last week. And @EvMakesChanges is also down a tad from last week. And @LoraineGB down 0.6. All of you complaining about not a great week. Get happy y'all! You're doing OK!

Oh wow! Thanks Liselyn. I had no idea. Hopefully I can get my act together and start losing. I do not like this weight. I’m too hot.
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Glad I sat on the sidelines this month - I wouldn't have helped the team AT ALL. Just hopped on the scale and I've hit that upper 'decade' 170.4....grrrr. I've scanned through the chat and can tell I want to sit later and really read through - good inspirational conversation there - @PlaneMonkey REGRET @jugar ALCOHOL and more... I need to regroup and be ready to hit September seriously. I might even set a goal for Christmas or my January birthday. @micki48 you with me?
    And no thanks to the MFP bozo who thought withholding the handy barcode scanner would inspire me to sign up for Premium....makes me dig my heels in even more, not doing it.

@eggfreak I’m right there with you Sylvia. I know it will be a challenge. Tomorrow is my first official day back to school. No kids yet, just meetings and trainings. We can do this. We have before. Goals for Christmas! Yes! Need to think of something manageable.

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun 21 8326
    Mon 22 7346
    Tues 23 8977
    We’d 24 7435 + 21 minutes dancing
    Thurs 25 6000
    Fri 26 7746
    Sat 27 10225
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Sooooooo sorry I've been slacking. I swear it hasn't been intentional. This has been a weird month for me and I got way off my normal routine, so when I'd remember to weigh in and get on here, it's not when I'm ACTUALLY able to, so then I forget and well, the rest is history!

Anywhoo...August has historically been a rough month for me. I'm not sure why, but looking back at my records for the past few years, this month is ALWAYS the one I just start dropping off of everything. I'm not sure if it's burn out? I'm kind of thinking it is in a way, but I don't feel overwhelmed, I just feel blah and unmotivated. I know my Kapha is way high and out of whack right now, so the best thing for me would be to actually get my butt moving again, but even changing into my work out clothes has felt like too much effort. So you know what I've been doing instead? Reading 3 books at a time and learning to juggle. Yeah, that has been my month...

I actually felt so demotived that I reached out to a friend who is also a coach and feeling utterly stupid doing so (because I should know how to do all this stuff) and am thinking about employing her coaching services. Do any of you work with a coach? If so, how's it going?

Also:
    CW: 141.6 (yes I'm up, but not as badly as I had hoped)
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Sorry I am late with my steps for last week:

Su 12,028
    Mo 9,099
    Tu 8,009
    We 8,365
    Th 4,348
    Fr 11,417
    Sa 8,386

Not a good week for me last week, my anxiety is full on and I constantly have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

We had a lot of running around in town on Friday and ended up going for Happy Hour. It was a lot of fun but led to us having Happy Days on Sat and Sun too! We basically partied all weekend so now I have to be diligent in trying to recoup something back by Friday weigh in :#

• jugar
    Options
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 204.9
    CW: 203.5
    😃 💃🏼
    You are the first person to hit 5 weeks in the green for this month! Well done!
    MsMcClane wrote: »
    Not only did I fall off the wagon, I got hook up under the wheels and dragged. :) All part of the journey.
    That sure happens sometimes - you'll get back up onto the dratted thing and give it your best again, I'm sure!
    I actually felt so demotived that I reached out to a friend who is also a coach and feeling utterly stupid doing so (because I should know how to do all this stuff) and am thinking about employing her coaching services. Do any of you work with a coach? If so, how's it going?
    It is great to see you back - August has been kicking several of us in the butt, so any way we can find to make September work better for us is great. I worked with a coach during the years it took to lose the weight - mostly for fitness, but we also discussed all kinds of other things, keeping the "I am my own experiment" mindset going and getting through the parts that felt like failure. It really helped to work with that person. I'm sure others have worked (or are now working) with various kinds of coaches. They'll chime in for sure!

Do you want to keep Monday as your weigh-in day?
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks! I am very determined to be out of the 200's before my surgery :smiley:

@Pearl4686 Welcome Back! I look forward to meeting you.

@MoonlitMuse I don't think you should feel stupid reaching out to another coach - you should feel good that you are recognizing when you need help! Hang in there!
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks for the encouragement! I think my problem is trying to do too much during the day (workday specifically) and then handle all my home responsibilities in the evening that I just get exhausted without realizing it. I do usually bounce back in September, but I need to draft a solid plan by the end of the week. As for weigh ins, can you switch me to Tuesday? I have my real appeal session I have to weight in for anyways, so then I can do it all at once
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @bobagurl2017 I had a lanky Golden Retriever years back who was so excited by visiting a friend at her apartment that he peed all over a book case. Sheesh!

@eggfreak I laughed when I read about digging in your heels with pressure to sign up for premium! Screw 'em. Yep. I can definitely relate!

@jugar I'm so glad Monica joined your jolly crew - you're usually a fabulous influence so, thank you!

I've been nibbling on things that "help" me deal with humid weather...well, probably not so much! Chewy sweet-tart minis are so delicious, though! yeah. they help balance salt & vinegar chips. Actually, I haven't had any of *those* for the entire weekend or today at work, which is when I usually want them 'cause I get so hot and sweaty.

I'm going to keep reading along and will write some more in a little while.
  • EvMakesChanges
    Options
    @jugar I need a pass this week. I had some alcohol this month and generally I'm a non drinker. It made my time of the month pretty brutal this month. I have a ton of bloating, water weight and hormone migraines on top of it all. So weird that alcohol makes the body produce extra estrogen. Anyways, my body doesn't like it, the scale doesn't like it and food has been off. Getting back on track today.
    Isn't it amazing how many down-sides there are to those things we like to think are helping us have "fun" or "relax", or whatever the case? I remember eating ice cream after a few years of a hugely clean diet and getting mouth sores that lasted a week...for 2 teaspoons of Ben & Jerry's!
    Your system will relax and be nicer to you next month. See you soon!
  • bobagurl2017
    bobagurl2017 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add my steps for end of the week. Sorry that it's late:
    Friday: 14730
    Saturday: 13799

• EvMakesChanges
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit look at all those steps! Way to go. I'm impressed. Even when I walk to and from work, I barely get to 10,000 steps let alone 12,000+!

@Kali225 that's great you're so close to that park. The small part we were in was quite posh. I can just imagine being on those grounds 100+ years ago. Yowza!

Have a lovely afternoon, WAs.
  • jugar
    Options
    OK - gotta get the exercise stats in! Or at least the steps - I did not get any formal workouts in this past week, and did not really track the gardening, practicing, or whatever. Too much company!

Sunday - 10,009
    Monday - 11,376
    Tuesday - 7325
    Wednesday - 12,272
    Thursday - 10,745
    Friday - 10,677
    Saturday - 10,322
This discussion has been closed.