Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,995 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! Yes, you are right, it doesn't matter how much you lose, you have to put in the effort. Heck, even if you put in the effort, sometimes you gain so this journey requires constant effort! You are funny. :D How enjoyable to not leave the house for 2 days! I would love to do that. I say that now but I remember when the pandemic first started and I wasn't working, I was in the house constantly and begging to go outside lol. What a great NSV! Way to go!

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. It's that time of year again, my birthday is coming up and I'm getting my usual melancholy mood (I get this way around my birthday). We are going to the street fair today and then my husband is making pad thai. I should be happy but I'm not. I hope this passes soon. I did something stupid yesterday: I went to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and got a 500-calorie drink. :( It was delicious but still. I did track it.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    PW: 166
    CW: 165.4

This month in general has been an adjustment and not much loss. I haven’t been as active on MFP with checking in with others but im still around. Have a great weekend all!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 191.8
    9/18 CW: 193.0
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @broncobuddee Can you please switch my weigh-in day to Fridays starting tomorrow? Thanks!

all set!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,181 Member
    Options
    The September Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and ready to start tomorrow, Sunday, Sep 25th. Please join us for a NEW Self-Care Bingo we haven't used before. A whole week of pampering for the most important person--YOU! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874465/september-week-4-group-challenge-self-care-bingo/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi gang I really hate when I miss a day or two and it feels like it turns into ten 😂 We finally got the truck 100% put back together and running late late last night. We still have to clean up and put away tools then clean the truck and repack to get ready to leave in the next few days. I gotta say, I really don’t want to go. My sons pick up has broken down and that has made life at home a tad stressful. When I’m out on the road I never want to leave, same with when I get home and get busy doing all of the things I put off then I want to stay and finish. Nothing in my life ever feels DONE!

I finished mowing, visited my mom, grocery shopped, kept my kitchen cleaned up and laundry going and I’m currently finishing up shampooing my gym before I move into the living room. Finally went and bought some new hiking boots from a store, there wasn’t a huge selection but I’m happy with the ones I got! I’ve walked my 4 mile route again, but I’m behind 3 days in the daily challenge in my BOD FB group and my workouts have just been working 🥵🥴

I’m ready for this week to start to jump into a program with my coach, and even though I don’t really want to leave the house I know once I finish doing everything that needs to be done in order to go I’ll be happy to have a break from all of this cleaning and manual labor!

Great job to all who have logged a loss! My scale it staying consistent but I’m getting disheartened with how slowly it’s moving. I know slow is best and your less likely to regain when you lose it slow but I’m getting impatient! 😅

My idea for booking a trip was find a place that you could walk off the airplane and out the door and have plenty of things to see and do. I like museums, nature, shopping, eating. Just wanted to enjoy a day or two of city life completely alone, sleep in a nice hotel and head back home just to say I’ve been. Didn’t really want to spend much more than what that would cost and didn’t want to try to plan a big trip and be disappointed if I couldn’t make it. Just hated losing a plane ticket. I’ve gotten some good recommendations now I’m trying to narrow it down and pinpoint a time that I might actually be able to do this! 😉

Thanks to you all and know I’m right here rooting for each of us!!! I hope we all have a fantastic fall!!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - you worked very hard this week- congrats on the nice loss!

@Katmary71 - I like the concept of telling yourself how good you will feel while you are getting back on track- it's so true and that first day or two is really tough. I do feel better and I'm reminding myself of that often.

The bats are mostly contained. Now to keep them in.

Lisa
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 286
    C. W. 286

No weight gain so to me it's a win/win.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,995 Member
    Options
    @leti26 Congrats on the loss! Just check in when you can. No worries!

@shaunarlr83 Congrats on getting the truck put back together! That sounds like it was a big job. How's your mom doing? Recovering well? I need some new hiking boots, too, I bought some online (mistake) and they were uncomfortable but it's too late to return them. What brand did you get? I can't wait to hear where you decide to go!

@Cornanda Thank you! Yay for the bats being contained!

@19shmoo69 You are practicing for maintenance, I like to say. Congrats on not gaining!

Hi all. We went to the street fair last night and listened to some music and I ate a sausage sandwich instead of the pad thai (we will make that some other time). I walked over 9,000 steps most of them at the street fair. I think my body is swollen, I gained about 3 lbs since my Friday weigh-in and I know that isn't possible. I'm getting ready to go for a walk with a friend in a beautiful park here in the city. Enjoy your Sunday and do something for yourself that your future self will thank you for!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,155 Member
    Options
    Registration for NEW members is open! Invite your friends - share the link :heart:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874490/october-2022-registration-for-new-members-is-open/p1?new=1

Returning members do NOT have to register! If you are already here, you will be automatically enrolled for October.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Saturday
    P. W. 206
    C. W. 206
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

bnfp0uaesvgz.png
    gdbie41axvbj.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    7e108siz2smh.png

By Pounds
    khxnqkrb4ab8.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    lq3bll2ae1pw.png

By Pounds
    42c1mon63az3.png
    8pschgf6tkel.png

Team Winners
    pu5vsmllremv.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Just playing catch-up this morning.

@katmary71 I just ended up canning salsa. I did make up tomato sauce and pasta sauce, I froze those. I have had such a crazy schedule with little ones around that canning just wasn’t in the cards this week. I had wanted to can some whole tomatoes, but I think I’m going to give up on that this week :-). I am glad that it is raining to give you the much needed moisture, I am very sorry that it sends you to bed❤️. Sounds like you are doing good with your weights, even in these very challenging times! I am slowly but surely inching my way back up to using weights.

@shaunarir83 how was the movie Where the Crawdads Sing? I just finished the book, it was excellent!
    I saw you said your phone changes slow to sow, I use auto text quite a bit, my phone always thinks I’m swearing🤣

@trooworld yeah you! Huge congrats on the loss, sounds like you worked really hard to get it! I think I need to have a week like yours, tracking, water, intentional exercises and keeping away from those unhealthy snacks! Tracking that unhealthy snack is huge, good for you! Might not have been the best thing, but I bet it sure tasted good!

@TeresaW1020 Way to go on putting those Cheez its back in the box, I don’t know if I would’ve had the will :-).

@Cornanda I have definitely got way too many bats out of the cage! Time to rain them back in one at a time! I am with you and exercise (good) and food (bad) for the week.

I think I’m finally caught up :-). Huge congrats to all of those with a loss this week and to those working their program.
    I have been so all over the place this week, I don’t know which way is up. I even forgot it was Sunday today, so I will have to do my way in tomorrow. I typically just have the grandkiddos from Friday to Saturday afternoon, but this week they have been here a lot and I was thinking it was Saturday today.
    I have discovered I am truly a woman of schedules and routines. I don’t typically have a lot of carbs in the house or “additional” food, but because my daughters family has been here so much, I have had extra food for snacks and of course when I am cooking meals that are not low carb I am definitely partaking. My exercise has been OK, but not some thing that makes me really smile. I’ve been to the gym twice this week and unfortunately my walks with Vannie haven’t been what they typically are. We have so many coyotes in our area right now that my hours for walking Vannie very limited. We suspect somebody has been feeding the coyotes. They are so bold and one day a young one got within about 5 feet of Vannie and me. I was out walking her this morning and there was a large adult coyote that followed us for about three blocks, it is kind of scary. I take a walking stick with me now and typically they are only supposed to be out at dawn and dusk, I was out at 10 this morning and that thing was as bold and brave as could be.
    I am determined to be on track with my food this week, whether my daughter and her family are around or not, I don’t want to go off the deep end! @Trooworld I am going to follow your lead with water and tracking. My intention is to get in more exercise, but with my daughter’s house being up for sale now, my routine can still change at a moments notice if I need to go pick up the kids etc.
    I had a pretty terrific NSV last night:). I was able to sleep a full 5 hours last night without any pain medication at all! Those of you who suffer with chronic pain, I have definitely been thinking of you this last while, my hat is off to you and my heart sends you much many healing wishes.
    Sunday is always the start of my week, I am excited about this week and hope everybody is having a terrific Sunday!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 492 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I keep forgetting to put this picture up. I found these on Amazon, they are called Button Pins for Pants. There are fantastic for those who have either lost weight and not quite ready to size down but your pants/jeans are too loose around the waist or if your waist is small and pants may fit everywhere else. I ordered the package that has both jean and pant buttons, they are fabulous!!qqpb99c2hm74.jpeg
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @laurelfit57. 👋. Those coyotes sound scary. When you say “big”, how big do they get? I’ve only seen them in zoos which is obviously not their natural habitat, and on the Lion King 😂. I think they get much bigger than our dingos and they can be intimidating enough! Do they really come at people? Stalking of any kind freaks me out. I’m with you on the refocusing this week on food and water. My weekend was a bit “loose” but I’m determined to finish this month strongly. .

@megnolia82 Morning! How are you going? Just checking in to see how things have gone this week 😊

@trooworld Hey you made the leaderboard!! Yay you!!

Morning everyone - hearty congratulations to us all - seems as a team we had a great week 👍👏👏. I’ve had a not-stellar weekend with food- I didn’t track at all but I also don’t feel like I ate too much, just that I ate the wrong things. Although the use of the word “wrong” is totally subjective, and in some parts of my being I needed a break and they were the “right” things …..maybe…. 😉. Either way I was pleased to note that last night I wasn’t at all hungry for dinner after afternoon tea was gifted to us, so I skipped dinner completely. I know that’s not a long term solution, but at least my mindset of just eating cause everyone else is seems to have changed. I really want a good week this week cause I’m going away the following two weeks so will have to be creative for that, so for this week I really want to set myself up for success mentally as much as physically. Im staying with family and food will be constant so I’ll have to really pay attention and get creative with my exercise without making anyone feel I’m ditching or avoiding them. Going to do some research this week on the local options for walking tracks and so on so I can be prepared with ideas on a moments notice.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,074 Member
    Options
    Hi MS...You have a new member joining your amazing team for October... Please welcome @gemwolf110 :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,650 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Happy early birthday, which day is it? Libras rule! Just playing but we are pretty cool! I was thinking a by Halloween challenge but we could wait until the first to do it, that gives us a chance to decide what we want to do but it's up to you. I think I'll keep meditation on my list though since I tend to forget it when it's not an active challenge.

@shuanarlr83 I can't wait to hear what you decide for your trip, that sounds wonderful. You do have a lot going on, I could see why you're stressed about leaving. With your daily challenge can you jump right in or do you have to start at day one?

@Cornanda WHO is the bat whisperer around here, woot woot, you go! So glad you have them mostly contained now!

Wow first place team, woohoo, 42% is amazing! @FushiaKat @happysquidmuffin @trooworld @davidji82 Way to go gang!

@Laurelfit57 I'm so sorry to hear about the coyote situation, that's definitely scary when you're out walking Vannie. We had local homeless people by a bar feeding a coyote that was doing the same getting very bold in daylight, it killed a dog I used to babysit and one of the feral cats I fed and had fixed (didn't eat just killed). It was approaching cars so it had to be put down eventually, it was a pretty sad situation. I hope it doesn't continue to be an issue. Congratulations on the sleep!

@Tamevv Walking on your trip sounds good, if you could find a spot to go hiking or walking you may find family members who want to go with you.

@gemwolf110 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

Hi everyone! Had a great weekend, Friday was going out to eat, Saturday was Bow Wow Days which went great, then Bill won one of the raffles of a gift card to a chocolate and ice cream store so we went there today in downtown Folsom and browsed around a new age store for a bit. I have to say I'm proud of both of us for just getting one scoop of ice cream in a cup and no candy! Pre-diabetes I would've gotten a sundae and brought home a few pieces of candy. I'm pretty wiped out, I'm doing a project the next couple days that will keep me busy but right now I want to crawl in bed and read for a bit. I worked out Friday and today but yesterday I was exhausted after the event, we got there at 7 and I'd told them I could only stay around 3 hours but we didn't leave until noon. Let's have a wonderful week everyone!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 817 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Sunday weigh in

Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 216.4
  • barbylucedistelle
    Options
    Morning all!!!! My weight is going up 🙈 I feel so bad, like I’m letting the group down, that’s why I haven’t posted my weight last week as I was hoping it would go down by now but it’s still the same. So rather than hiding and feeling miserable I better be open about it.

CW 56,6 kg/ 124 lb
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 168.7 lbs
    CW: 168.2 lbs

I have lost 2.3 lb this month.I m happy that I stayed in green in all weeks.
This discussion has been closed.