WaistAways Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 190.0.
    Not green, but also not red.... There was some unfortunate overindulgence on air fryer donuts earlier in the week.
    I will continue to slog along.

@DD265 I'm impressed with your training dedication. If you can pass along any specific strengthening exercises for the t-spine and hips/glutes I would love to hear them. I want to revamp my at-home workouts over the winter to be ready for waterskiing next spring and those are definitely my weak areas.

@conleywoods I have quite the imbalance as well between my left and right side, and my mother does too. it's interesting to find these things out, isn't it?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I love the specifics of training and body discoveries you all bring here. It is helpful to keep things from getting stale and to inspire some new experiments. Thanks!

@conleywoods for that big imbalance, one thing that helped me with that was lots of step-ups. Put a stool, chair, or some other nice solid thing in front of you and step up with one leg. Do not push off the standing leg - just step up slowly. It can help to have a wall or some other thing to gently hold your balance, but not to pull yourself up :wink: Then go down slow and easy as well. Be sure the knee does not wobble from side to side - especially not to cave in towards the other leg. If that happens or you cannot step up without boosting from your other leg, use a smaller step. Do these several times a day for a while, and you'll be amazed how fast the strength builds up. I had a wonky hip and this simple exercise made a world of difference. Then you can hit the lunges and squats!

@DD265 Your almost-missed workout experience is inspiring! It is true - we resist doing it sometimes, but it is never regretted.

@PlaneMonkey You (almost) make me wish I did a team sport! It sounds fantastic, even when it is a bit discombobulated and needs connection-building. Chamber music has that kind of connection/skill/awareness thing, but much less sweat :smiley:

So, I had better get some sweat happening, right? Enjoy the day!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    PW 213.6
    CW 213.1

Yay! Finally down a tiny bit. I won't complain, but will proclaim again that it is unfair that I gain in pounds and lose in 1/10ths. But I will take that loss.

Steps were good this week. Logging is still not happening consistently. I am really hungry today. Maybe that means I am cutting back my portions.

@KellyBgetsfit My son never napped either. He got in trouble for playing sock puppets with his socks during nap time. Now, being a PreK teacher, I can confirm that that was a ridiculous thing for him to get in trouble for. @conleywoods What a wonderful perk to offer your teachers with non-sleepers. How nice for the teachers and fun for the kiddos.

@jugar Your wool and music projects sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see what you all come up with. My sister is a weaver/felter and she used to own sheep, so it's very interesting to see what they come up with. How exciting!

It finally feels like fall today after 80s and 90s for so long. There is a strong wind blowing and the sky is so blue. I am so glad it is Friday. It was a busy week at school, but lots of growth.

I am very interested to hear about the hip/back strengthening exercises. My back/hip is so unhappy with me. I was reluctant to take the anti-inflammatories because they raised blood pressure, but had the revelation that pain does as well, so I should take the darn things. It's not gone, but a bit better.

Hope everyone is having a great day. :

• jugar
    Options
    OK folks! Coming into the home stretch for Week 3. Here is everyone who still needs to weigh in:

@MsMcClane
    @EvMakesChanges
    @bobagurl2017
    @Shawtytel
    @kellie_erin
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    CW: 178
    Mindfulness is something I’m working on with my meals and every day life.
    I know it helps me focus and get through challenges more easily. Now, for the discipline aspect of “follow through”. Not always my strong suit, but want to make more downward improvement before October.
    More tomorrow!
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    I got on the scale this morning and I don’t believe it. I got on. Off. On. Off. It read 211.9 down from 213.1 yesterday morning. I don’t trust it at all. If only…

I will keep my weigh in what it was yesterday. Maybe it’s the fall 🍂🍁weather. 😂
    Believe it! Keep on giving those portions a steely glare and it will keep going!
    PW: 165.8
    CW: 168.9
    Ughhhh... sorry all. Combo of TOM... too many indulgences and stress from work! But tomorrow is a new day, right?

Steps:
    Sun: 17701
    Mon: 11398
    Tues: 16412
    Weds: 14221
    Thurs: 9302
    Look at those steps, though! Those are some lovely numbers. The temporary rise in weight will crumble under your determination this week :smiley:
    Mindfulness is something I’m working on with my meals and every day life.
    I know it helps me focus and get through challenges more easily. Now, for the discipline aspect of “follow through”. Not always my strong suit, but want to make more downward improvement before October.
    Yeah - sometimes the mind is full, but not of the helpful kind of stuff :grimace: "Follow through" is so useful, but thinking about the actual words, kind of odd. Following rather than leading. Maybe we need to change it to "lead through"!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 172.5
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 189.8

Finally back into the 180s! Barely! I've been trying to track about 80% of the time - and it's clearly paying off. Haha. I just need to accept the fact that I'll be calorie counting for the rest of my life
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Oh Ashley @ashleycarole86 I can't believe that I forgot to give you my step and exercise stats - I'm so sorry! This week has been completely manic for me. No excuses, I will start to include this information with my weigh-ins. So starting tomorrow!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    The September Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and ready to start tomorrow, Sunday, Sep 25th. Please join us for a NEW Self-Care Bingo we haven't used before. A whole week of pampering for the most important person--YOU! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10874465/september-week-4-group-challenge-self-care-bingo/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    5h99234gbmq6.png
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @jugar OMG your little mushroom friend is adorable. Glad you got to catch up with your best friend as well. So good for the soul.

@YinxFed Your Saturday just for YOU to soak up whatever you wanted to do sounds amazing. No worries about the steps, my week was nuts this week too and I just got the week 2 report out myself! I hope to get week 3 out much quicker next week but work is seriously kicking my you know what!

@kellie_erin Welcome back to the 180's. It's a great feeling to return back to a place you were and to know your hard work got you there. I too have accepted calorie counting as a part of my reality. The good, the bad, and the ugly. At least I know where I stand against real data :)

@micki48 Build off that momentum!! It may not all be real, but it's got you on a great start for another green week! Your week 2 step consistency was unmatched by anyone else on the team! Keep up the great work.

I have been trying to rejuvenate mentally this weekend as I am not well. I have gotten my 10,000 steps today, so that's good. There's been the overuse of food/alcohol to cope so I'm going to have to keep an eye on that.

Exercise catch-up:
    9/20: 5918 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
    9/21: 13981 steps
    9/22: 8481 steps
    9/23: 4609 steps
  • jugar
    Options
    Thanks for the report @ashleycarole86 ! It was one of those rare weeks when you are on vacation relaxing and I was trying to get the exercise stats up. This week won't be quite so pretty - and soon you'll be back to your usual amazing numbers.

LAST CALL for WEEK 3! We're almost there.
    @MsMcClane
    @Shawtytel

Heads up for Sunday people getting us right into Week 4:
    @deniners2
    @YinxFed

It's recruiting week for October, so if you have any friends who might like to join us, I'll post the sign-up thread tomorrow.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

Back from my vacation, 180.8, lol. I'm hoping I can make that number go down somewhat before my next weigh in. I'll be happy if I'm under 179 for the month, which seems like it might be doable for this week. We'll see.

@jugar your mushrooms look so neat!

@Yinxfed green is green!

Have a great day everyone!
This discussion has been closed.