WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Seeing some good Friday weigh-ins team! Keep it up!!
  • ashleycarole86
    @jane_76
    What a great first weigh-in!
    Sounds like you have a good strategy for managing this weekend! Small sustainable steps and planning in advance are super helpful!
  • ashleycarole86
    @conleywoods
    Sounds like a hump to get over for sure.. not good that you're so sore you can't sleep. Hopefully you can get some R&R this weekend.
  • Melissa0711
    Melissa0711 Posts: 19 Member
    Pass on weight this week please! I started that time of the month yesterday so I didn’t even weigh! Next week I would like to weigh in on Saturday as I will be out of town for work Wed-Fri…let me know if that will be ok @jugar
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Pass on weight this week please! I started that time of the month yesterday so I didn’t even weigh! Next week I would like to weigh in on Saturday as I will be out of town for work Wed-Fri…let me know if that will be ok @jugar

No problem! I'll be away that day too, but should have time to catch all the weigh-ins.
  • jugar
    Hi everyone,

I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Kellie, 30s, married, working as a process engineer and trying to finish my master's. I struggle regularly with depression, which makes it sometimes hard to do normal tasks like showering, so trying to eat healthy and exercise when I have no energy is tough. With the shorter days and extreme busy-ness at work my energy stores are depleted. So this week has not been good for making healthy choices. My husband has also been super frustrated at work so his mood and my mood are feeding off of each other.

As for weight loss, I've lost and gained weight probably like 5 times in my adult life. My absolute highest was 227.8 lbs in 2017. I got down to 168 before my wedding in 2018. And have been trying to get back down from 210 lbs in 2019. Although I did get down to 173 in 2021 so I'm wondering if I should adjust my start date and weight to reflect this most recent cycle 😅.

Anyways sorry for rambling! I'm hoping this time will be different
    No apologies needed, Kellie - you do the best you can, and keep getting up and trying again - right now you're pretty far from your highest weight, so hang in there!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    CW 192

The pendulum has swung back the wrong way, but I'm not surprised because I've had a bad head cold and I've been self medicating with cookies and warm raisin bread along with cold medicine. Not wise. I also skipped out on Hockey this week because I wasn't up to it so I didn't get my extra sweat on!

My plan for Thanksgiving this weekend is I don't have to overeat the one large meal to feel I'm celebrating, I can eat a small sampling of each food item and there will be lots of leftovers to enjoy on subsequent meals. that way I won't feel deprived, and I can actually extend the celebration over the week following with lots of pre-portioned mini meals that I plan to create with the leftovers.

@jane_76 I know I'm one of the luckiest people on the planet because this is my backyard view:
    yfgpvf5o926z.jpg

looking forward to watching some baseball this weekend and trying to get some movement in once this head cold clears out.

Oh My Goodness! What a fabulous view ☺️
  • jugar
    And the week is almost done! Saturday weigh-in heads up:
    @kellie_erin

And a few more due from today and earlier -
    @AshenMoon
    @micki48
    @bobagurl2017

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.