Week 1 exercise:

10/30: 14590 steps
    10/31: 8842 steps
    11/1: 10422 steps
    11/2: 6987 steps
    11/3: 8702 steps
    11/4 6184 steps
    11/5: 5096 steps

For what I'm targetting, I have lots of room to improve in week 2. Based on my Peloton ride, things are off to a better start so far!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So random question sort of like a poll

Do you track before your first bite, while pre-tracking the day before or after you finish eating??
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Is it too later to submit my steps for the week? I forget if I was supposed to on Friday, Saturday or Sunday
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Well done Waistaways! And especially @CupcakeCrusoe @BeeHapppy101 and @DianaGetsFit512
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    So random question sort of like a poll

Do you track before your first bite, while pre-tracking the day before or after you finish eating??

I tend to track as much as I can for the day after I eat breakfast. I typically have the same breakfast and know how many calories that is. Then I pre track lunch, dinner, and snacks. I have an alarm set for 8pm and I make sure everything is accurate for the day. I found that if I tracked after eating, I might eat more than I realized. Little snacks here and there add up. That's just me and I know everyone has a different process.

Way to go this past week team! My head is back on straight for the time being, so hopefully I will help the numbers this week!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 11,401
    15 min elliptical
    Mon 20,322
    15 min elliptical
    Tues 15,544
    30 min intervals
    15 min elliptical
    Wed 11,124
    Thurs 16,334
    15 min elliptical
    Fri 14,610
    Sat 9791
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,115 Member
    Options
    OK! We were top for week 1, even though losses were small, we had no one in the crazy high losses zone. That is fantastic! I think the smaller losses, if they can be sustained, are the way to go. So don't forget - as soon as you weigh in, you are working on the next week! Let's see if we can get our green % up past 50% this week.

That said, I had a totally sluggish day. No big walks, no workout - but lots of talking and catching up with people. But I don't feel great as I head for bed. I prefer the days where I get lots more exercise, so tomorrow will have to be better than today!

Let's go Monday people! Are you ready?

@CarolAnnM2
    @MoonlitMuse - missed you last week! Hope you're OK - check in and don't worry good or bad. We just hope to hear from you.

@ashleycarole86 It is so good to hear that you had some good sleep followed by a great start to the day with exercise. I'm going to try to follow you :smiley:

@DianaGetsFit512 Logging practices - great question! I am all over the place with that one. When I really need to be accurate and stay on plan, I log right after breakfast, which is the same every day like @lauren_989 . I log exercise too, and that really helps me stick with it. On less strict logging days, I track as I go, one meal at a time, and make sure everything is in there by the time I go to bed, good or bad. Some days I don't track at all (like today!) but I try to have as few of those as possible. They get away from me easily.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Is it too later to submit my steps for the week? I forget if I was supposed to on Friday, Saturday or Sunday

Not too late at all! In fact, today would be right on time!
    The week runs Sunday to Saturday, so if you can submit your steps and minutes of other intentional exercise for Oct 30-Nov 5 within the next day or two, that's perfect.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Well done team πŸ€—πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@ashleycarole86
    Can I please join in with steps challenge?
    I'd like to start with 10k goal, pretty please 😊

You sure can! If you have your data from Oct 30-Nov 5, I'll take that! Otherwise, hop in a week from today for Nov 6-12
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    The day finished well. We got our dog out for a short walk in the cold, my food was on track, and I feel more postiive than I have in a while. Feels like a good place to build on for the week.

Love what you said @jugar - you are SO right. The next week starts the second we weigh in. But not only that, the next bit of progress starts the second you recognize that and move forward.

So, no matter where you are, good or bad, on track or off, up or down, this is a moment to move forward from!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!
  • JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sunday was an OK day. My fruit and veggie count was low :( , but I was under my target calories :).

@ CarolAnnM2 - I love the "I don't mind running with turtles" imagery.
    @jugar - thanks for the pep talk! It feels good to see the Team in that #1 spot. I plan to add to the losses column this week :smile:.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @JEB03253 Your OK day fits right in with the turtles, too! Something is always better than nothing :)
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed last week! I did weigh in...

PW: 144
    CW: 143.2 (-0.8)

We've been getting my guys ready for the long trek back to Ohio, so I've been trip planning, meal planning, shopping, and generally trying to remind my husband to STOP PROCRASTINATING. I'm not sure exactly how long they'll be gone, but I assume around a month.

It's actually going to be nice in a lot of ways (other than the fact that hubs is my bed heater) because he tends to request extra trips to the grocery store for snacks, and while we have very different ideas of what good snacks are, it's hard to NOT grab a handful of cheese-its/wheat thins/munchies/etc. when I'm around him.

ALSO - On the 28th, I participated in a health fair for all the teachers in the school district. I helped to interpret fancy BIA printouts (from the Mediana scale) and get the info for the teachers who want to do 1:1 with me. I've been working on those and then we're going to do weekly group classes. Of course I had to hop on the scale for myself to see where I need to focus my efforts. Here are the results I remember off the top of my head

Weight: 144
    BF%: 33.8
    Body Type: Skinny Fat
    Desirable Wt: 129
    Target Fat Loss: ~16 lbs
    Target Muscle Gain: ~2.2lbs

So this leads back to my guys being gone. I'm already on week 4 of 8 of a 'skinny fat' lifting program, so I'm going to stick with that and probably repeat it once it's done until I gain that 2.2lbs of muscle, but in the meantime, I'm really going to focus on more protein. I'll be shooting for 1.5-2g/kg instead of just 1 to see if that makes a difference. Right now my goal is to gain that recommended muscle and get my BF down to an even 30% before I shoot for anything more intense.
This discussion has been closed.