WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    @bobagurl2017 I see your unzipped dress and raise you a baggy one - you'll get there!!! I wore a blouse yesterday to meet up with some old friends. Before hitting goal I could not button it. I kept it as an aspirational blouse because I really like it. Now it is baggy and I still like it. You will do this too. Stick with it!

@MoonlitMuse I kinda like the "skinnyfat" category - you need to be more fit, you are not seriously overweight, but the body composition is not yet where you want it to go. I'm kind of there right now. I like my weight, but the muscle mass is shrinking and has to grow again. I have just started a new workout program, and MAN O MAN I feel it. I have not been sore like this for ages! And the program is not all that crazy! So yeah. Let's up the muscle, down the rest. We can get this :smiley:

I had ice cream today - I ordered a medium at the local dairy queen to "keep my dad company" because he wanted some. It was warm and sunny. But a medium was flipping gigantic! Did we throw any away? Heck no. So it was followed by a thoroughly earned shower, some sore muscles, and a dinner of 95% vegetables, lots of fibre, and no grains. I think we kind of came out even. Happy pappy, sweaty daughter. I think we'll be OK!

Wednesday weigh-in people are you ready?
    @JEB03253 Tuesday, but we don't have a number yet. You got one? Yes!! Late is OK.
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads

Sunday-Monday-Tuesday people? Are you working on next week's weigh-in? Use those great tools, log, make it all roll along :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    My exercise for last week at last..

Sunday - 11,199 + 30 minutes bike moderate
    Monday - 9156+ 15 Pilates + 45 bike
    Tuesday - 10,542 + 30 Pilates + 45 bike
    Wednesday - 12,201 + 30 Pilates + 60 hiking supplement
    Thursday - 10,276 + 30 Pilates
    Friday - 8724
    Saturday - 11,662 + 60 strength/Pilates fusion
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. I did have one cheat snack but I was still under my carbs and my calories were under. I did a 9 hour window instead of 8 and I am ok with that. I did a 30 minute workout this morning and 15 minutes on the elliptical tonight. I have 1 more week of this program, then I will switch to one that is 45 minutes. I wouldn't call myself skinny fat, but I have noticed my booty in getting a droopy.Gotta work on those muscles!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 10/30 7008
    Monday 9397
    Tuesday 9356
    Wednesday 8662
    Thursday 9549
    Friday 11032
    Saturday 11397
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

So sorry for the lateness
    Sun 10/30: 6,184
    Mon: 12,378
    Tues: 14,634
    Wed: 9,614 plus 30 minute peloton ride
    Thurs: 9,868
    Fri: 7,004
    Sat: 12,837

Very random week as I was so busy but it’s amazing what looking for an outfit when the mall is closing can do to your step count! Lol
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 sorry for tardiness

Sun 10,205
    Mon 12,262
    Tue 8,064
    Wed 9,133
    Thu 10,354
    Fri 14,025
    Sat 14,387
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Work sounds crazy @ashleycarole86 - any signs of it calming down?

I hope you're feeling better soon @conleywoods

I didn't have the busiest weekend, so it felt quite short. Sunday afternoon I went for a walk with one of my running friends. I felt so unfit! We were just walking, and not overly fast, but any time we went up hill I could feel myself puffing, and legs aching. On the back of this, I've decided not to start running again but to begin with walking twice a week for an hour each time if possible.

This morning I went for training (a slow but heavy session; deep squats and shoulder presses) then showered and rather than going back to bed until starting work, I made a curry that we're having later in the week. At lunch time I'll do the dishes and make a phone call! I will feel more like I can relax guilt free this evening if I've been productive during the day, but by the time I sink into the sofa I think I'll be pretty tired lol.

I am getting my CBT done every day, but not necessarily in the moment. I appreciate it would be better done as the thoughts crop up, it's just not always practical. I do think it's helping, though. I'm not back to my pre-holiday energy levels/positivity, and still have flat/drained days, but feel to be moving in the right direction for sure.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods sorry to read of your sick household...maybe, hopefully, when you are all done with this, that will be IT for the winter...I hope so.

@jugar icecream & dads - I can relate, challenged myself when shopping recently and bought dad some icecream and I completely failed the challenge, he got one bowl, I ate the rest. I will NOT buy again. I should direct my siblings to bring him a single serving sometimes...when I'm not here.

@DianaGetsFit512 in my most successful periods, I would prelog the next day, while laying in bed before sleep. And then just tweak as needed as quantities/grams would vary. That was also when I was weighing everything. I haven't been logging at all for quite a while now and clearly it would help me if I did.

@KellyBgetsfit your exercise program - starting your day with a workout and ending with one - good for you to find the energy and determination with all you've got going on. I'll need to set you as an example for myself, when I'm resisting even just going for a stroll!!

I have a salad prepped in the fridge for work today -with the last windowsill ripened tomatoes in it. First hard frost tonight. @ashleycarole86 your snow makes me shudder. Good for you that you pelotoned AND shoveled - that kind of effort should make for a good night sleep. Hopefully with no 'work dreams' like I get when I'm in a stressful stretch. Hang in there.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Bummer you're still sick, and that it made its way through your house. Take it easy on yourself.. sounds like it's a real rough one!

@DD265 No signs of it slowing down. I said to my boss yesterday that right now feels really hard because not one aspect of my job feels like it isn't in transition. There are a long list of things changing and developing and there's not enough time in the day. We also lost a lot of expertise in the group and it's being replaced by new folks that have a lot to learn. This is all happening as new projects are onboarding with less than ideal setup in place. Anyway, there isn't one thing I can put my finger on, and there's no sign of it letting up any time soon. Only thing that can let up is my reaction to it... trying to work on that.

@eggfreak And it's COLD too! -22 C this morning (-8 F)... brr! Wakes a girl up as she steps outside to let the dog out, that's for sure! At least no more snow overnight so my shovel didn't have to come out again

I have a healthy day of food packed, overnight oats for breakfast, a salad for lunch and some clementines for snack. Coffees to fill the gaps!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @JEB03253 Nice loss! Well done!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    @JEB03253 Great loss and great recovery after a candy binge. Keep up the great work.

@ashleycarole Brrrrrrrr! That is beyond cold. How much worse does it get? That seems like middle of winter cold. I'm not a fan of extreme cold. Maybe your blood thickens when you live way north. I'm feeling nervous about being back north in Pennsylvania. I really don't like when it gets to the teens. So far, we've seen nothing close. Like @lauren_989 we've been in the 70s-80s until today.

It was a REALLY crazy day at school today. Lost power, had to stay in for recess because of a stranger with a facemask and backpack peering into our playground (It was investigated and resolved safely), one kid crying all day over an irrational fear, music teacher never showed up, and PE teacher thought our class was only 15 minutes long (WTH?) It was a but chaotic. Glad I left right away and went to vote, so I felt that was positive. Went out to dinner. Ordered a yummy Greek salad. I have enough left over for tomorrow.

I'm logging a little bit, but don't have it down yet. Remember the Breakfast Club? Yup that's me! (For new folks, that is when you log breakfast and not the rest of the day) I usually log food as I go. I rarely pre-log food unless I know what the meal is for sure. I never log a day in advance. If I complete a log lately, it is usually after the fact. I need to do better.

Now, it is getting dark so soon. I am going to have to adopt @eggfreak night walks or I may never get a walk in until spring and that's not ok. Just curious, what time does it get dark for our Canadian friends?

My steps are met, my water is good. No specific exercise, but I was active 11/11 hours today. Those 4/5 year olds keep me busy.

@conleywoods sending healing vibes to you and your family. @KellyBgetsfit Way to go with the workouts!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @micki48 @lauren_989
    Sunset in Calgary tonight was 4:57 p.m. I normally leave work around 4:30 but today it was closer to 5. It was dark when I got in and dark when I left. That stranger with a mask sounds so creepy.
    In terms of how cold it gets, well it can be around what converts to -22F or so.
    One thing about where I live though is we get Chinooks because of the mountains which means there is warm windy air that comes over the mountains and melts everything.
    Not that we have had one yet.. we have a ton of snow accumulation here right now. It has been quite the rude awakening.. lol
    One thing that's different this winter is being back to the commute. I didn't work one day in the office last winter so I sorta forgot how slow the commute gets.

No big workout tonight.. i did walk on my lunch break today..but after 12.5 hours out of the house for work and commute we got takeout (within my calories!) and we are having a quiet night.
  • jugar
    Options
    It is so nice to come in here and catch up with everyone when I am away from home, and feeling a bit homesick. Can't wait to get back there tomorrow! It has been good to spend some time with my dad, and my stepmom really needed the break. She is feeling a lot better now.

I'm really impressed with you @lauren_989 - sane eating in a context where that is not a given! Well done. And your running and exercise is going great too! Remember how great this feels :smiley: when the motivation or determination gets weak, these are the days to remind yourself about...

OK - Wednesday people it's time to get ready! Weigh-ins due:
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads

Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I'm not sure about blood thickening, but we had -30c (-22F) on a Finnish ski slope one NYE as kids, and all the boogers in your nose freeze! It is the weirdest feeling. We did find that as long as you're wearing the right gear, you stay plenty warm enough.

The challenge in the UK is that the weather is so changeable, you're never quite sure what to wear so until it properly settles into winter, you're either too hot or too cold because you misjudged it. I'd say we're having a pretty mild - if very wet - autumn so far.
This discussion has been closed.