Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    eme7dem81nmd.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for November Week 2... Please have your steps in by this evening 11/15 so that I can post the results in the morning... Thanks for your cooperation :)

@Jpedno 11/7 - 11/12
    @red1185 11/7 - 11/12
    @Bluetail6 11/6 - 11/12
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/6 10116
    11/7 4501
    11/8 7258
    11/9 3754
    11/10 5630
    11/11 14285
    11/12 5040
    11/13 8675
    11/14 6465

Still struggling to meet my step goals. Been a little down lately. A friend and also a work acquaintance passed away recently. Also my uncle (my mom is now the last of her siblings left) died a couple of weeks ago. My dad's health continues to decline and my step mom has chronic cancer and now has a tumor in her chest. Just depressing! Today is also the one year anniversary of the start of my husband's acute/severe illness last year. Thank goodness he's doing great now. I also haven't been feeling 100%. I ate too much bok choy last night and it gave me a tummy ache! Blah. Anyway. There are my steps.

I went to spin class last night but tonight I am supposed to go to a fundraising event so no gym.
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    So I decided to start the new program straight away and I signed up yesterday.
    Hopefully I can pick up the medication tomorrow (the pharmacy had to order it from another pharmacy today).

@mari_moulin: unfortunately the insurance doesn't cover the expense for the program. They only cover it if they are registered as a clinical dietitian and they're not. I do however get some of the cost of the medication covered, so that's something at least.

I have read some good reviews about the medication, so I can't wait to get started.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 171
    CW 171.8
    sw 173
  • 363days
    Weigh-In

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 2
    Previous weight - 225
    Current weight - 220.6

Almost got it back down to what I weight 2 weeks ago. It’s so much harder to lose than to gain 🤦🏻‍♀️

Great job!!!
  • 363days
    Congrats @mari_moulin, @missGYST @tahm42 for being our top 3 weight loss losers this week ...Great job ladies :)

Very well done, everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/6 10116
    11/7 4501
    11/8 7258
    11/9 3754
    11/10 5630
    11/11 14285
    11/12 5040
    11/13 8675
    11/14 6465

Still struggling to meet my step goals. Been a little down lately. A friend and also a work acquaintance passed away recently. Also my uncle (my mom is now the last of her siblings left) died a couple of weeks ago. My dad's health continues to decline and my step mom has chronic cancer and now has a tumor in her chest. Just depressing! Today is also the one year anniversary of the start of my husband's acute/severe illness last year. Thank goodness he's doing great now. I also haven't been feeling 100%. I ate too much bok choy last night and it gave me a tummy ache! Blah. Anyway. There are my steps.

I went to spin class last night but tonight I am supposed to go to a fundraising event so no gym.

That’s a lot to deal with. Sending you big virtual hugs!
  • lindamtuck2018
    IP2021 wrote: »
    So I decided to start the new program straight away and I signed up yesterday.
    Hopefully I can pick up the medication tomorrow (the pharmacy had to order it from another pharmacy today).

@mari_moulin: unfortunately the insurance doesn't cover the expense for the program. They only cover it if they are registered as a clinical dietitian and they're not. I do however get some of the cost of the medication covered, so that's something at least.

I have read some good reviews about the medication, so I can't wait to get started.

Can’t wait to hear how the program works for you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 3,307
    Exercise:
    Sleep: ✔️✔️
    November Badge: 3/10

I seriously don’t think I am ever going to shake this bug. It’s been 8 days since I have been out of the apartment. Had to cancel my injections yesterday. My energy is so low so not getting much done.

• leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Happy Wednesday - I hope everyone is making it through the week well! My sinus infection is finally starting to wane but my appetite is still pretty dead. I have to keep in mind that the past 2 weeks of losses are great, but I haven't really been working for it - I've just been sick. I'm going to add some resistance training (door-mounted resistance bands) and youtube yoga to my routine for the upcoming week. Any recommendations for exercises involving either are welcome!

Username: MissGYST
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Start Weight: 237.6
    Previous Week: 233
    Current Week: 229.2

@lindamtuck2018 I'm sending good vibes for you to kick your illness soon!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    ie4rzxfpst5d.jpg
    November WEER 2 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @mari_moulin - 91,483 steps
    2nd @fatfifties 67,482 steps
    3rd @rwillems 60,490 steps
    4th @missGYST 55,021 steps
    5th @rwood566 53,271 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 598,930 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYBODY :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS :

@lindamtuck2018 2/7
    @rwood566 5/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 5/7
    @mari_moulin 5/7
    @laura9400 2/7
    @IP2021 6/7
    @aneedlecraft 6/7
    @Jpedno 3/7
    @chrissyinbloom 3/7
    @fatfifties 6/7
    @rwillems 6/7
    @missGYST 4/7
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited November 2022
    Monday Tuesday and Wednesday check-in 11/14, 15, 16

Hello team and happy Thursday. I’m so sorry that I dropped off the radar for the past couple of days but I’ve been struggling through bad cold since Monday night. I am feeling so tired and with very little energy. I managed my karate class on Monday morning but I haven’t gotten much done since. I haven’t been to the gym, I haven’t gone for long walks with doggo, and I and spending quite a bit of time just laying under the blankets on the sofa or in my bed. I’m hoping that this week I can at least maintain my weight from last weigh in. I don’t now how it’s gonna go tho. It’s also my TOM which is adding to my fatigue quite a bit. I will be back to my second karate class for the week tomorrow and hopefully get back on schedule from there. I need to just push through this now. I also haven’t kept up with my food log or other goals. Pls forgive me just for this week. Next week you can kick my butt back into gear.

Steps :

Sun - 12,574
    Mon - 9,414
    Tues - 5,314
    Weds - 8,137
    Thur -
    Fri -
    Sat -

Goals :

Karaté - 1/3
    Gym - 1/3
    Log food - 1/7
    Stay under - 1/7
    Drink 2L - 1/7
    Say something Nice/positive to myself - 0/7
    I got nothing. 😔
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 203 Member
    Exercise:

I seriously don’t think I am ever going to shake this bug. It’s been 8 days since I have been out of the apartment. Had to cancel my injections yesterday. My energy is so low so not getting much done.

If it the same bug I had, it took me 3 weeks and an ER visit before I finally got rid of it. Not even sure what it was, the ER folks just wrote that it was some sort of “intestinal virus”. Not much to do for it. Just rest and drink lots of fluids. Hope you start feeling better soon. 🤢
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2022
    missGYST wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday - I hope everyone is making it through the week well! My sinus infection is finally starting to wane but my appetite is still pretty dead. I have to keep in mind that the past 2 weeks of losses are great, but I haven't really been working for it - I've just been sick. I'm going to add some resistance training (door-mounted resistance bands) and youtube yoga to my routine for the upcoming week. Any recommendations for exercises involving either are welcome!

Username: MissGYST
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Start Weight: 237.6
    Previous Week: 233
    Current Week: 229.2

@lindamtuck2018 I'm sending good vibes for you to kick your illness soon!

Nice loss! Being sick is not a great way to lose weight. I hope you start feeling better. Thanks!

Monday Tuesday and Wednesday check-in 11/14, 15, 16

Hello team and happy Thursday. I’m so sorry that I dropped off the radar for the past couple of days but I’ve been struggling through bad cold since Monday night. I am feeling so tired and with very little energy. I managed my karate class on Monday morning but I haven’t gotten much done since. I haven’t been to the gym, I haven’t gone for long walks with doggo, and I and spending quite a bit of time just laying under the blankets on the sofa or in my bed. I’m hoping that this week I can at least maintain my weight from last weigh in. I don’t now how it’s gonna go tho. It’s also my TOM which is adding to my fatigue quite a bit. I will be back to my second karate class for the week tomorrow and hopefully get back on schedule from there. I need to just push through this now. I also haven’t kept up with my food log or other goals. Pls forgive me just for this week. Next week you can kick my butt back into gear.

Steps :

Sun - 12,574
    Mon - 9,414
    Tues - 5,314
    Weds - 8,137
    Thur -
    Fri -
    Sat -

Goals :

Karaté - 1/3
    Gym - 1/3
    Log food - 1/7
    Stay under - 1/7
    Drink 2L - 1/7
    Say something Nice/positive to myself - 0/7
    I got nothing. 😔

I think there are some bad viruses out there right now. I have done nothing for 9 days.

rwillems wrote: »
    Exercise:

If it the same bug I had, it took me 3 weeks and an ER visit before I finally got rid of it. Not even sure what it was, the ER folks just wrote that it was some sort of “intestinal virus”. Not much to do for it. Just rest and drink lots of fluids. Hope you start feeling better soon. 🤢

This is more of a respiratory virus with some stomach issues. Thanks!
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW 388.6
    PW 265
    CW 261.4

Congrats on the amazing loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 2,548
    Exercise:
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️

This is getting old. Had to cancel my massage for tonight and I don’t think I will be able to go see the marvel movie with my granddaughter tomorrow.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 879 Member
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 229.4
    CW: 231.4
    Another gain🤨. I am pretty sure this is just water retention, but still discouraging. I am back to the gym (lightly) and have been tracking. Next week will be a loss or else it's time for some adjustments.
This discussion has been closed.