Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Diane: Had fun last night with my sister. GOt home around 11:00pm. Had three cups of coffee.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,273 Member
    Options
    It's 31 feels like 31 with a high of 46 for today. Insight Timer Quote: For small creatures such as we the vastness of the universe is bearable only through love.--Carl Sagan I AM: I have infinite strength within me. Axe Sharpening: Whenever it stops being fun, and there's no motivation, and you're struggling between giving up or going forwards, that's when you must look in the mirror and ask "How bad do you want it?"--Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Support a charity, cause or campaign you really care about. Fitness quote for today: Be willing to go alone. Many who started with you, won't finish with you.--Monitor the beast Motivational quote for today: The most successful people in life are the ones who ask questions. They're always learning. They're always growing. They're always pushing.--Robert Kiyosaki Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 14,290 steps yesterday.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a more relaxed day. Went to church, completed writing all my cards unless I do ones for my coworkers. Knowing me I probably will. That would only be 4 more no biggie. All cards being mailed were put in the mail except the 3 going to the U.S.. Plan to redo my Christmas to-do list as it's getting hard to read. But starting to feel a little more in control and on schedule for Christmas. Plan to make gingerbread cookie dough this week at home and at work. I did enjoy an afternoon nap. Hopefully I won't need one in the morning tomorrow and I can get more done.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,310 Member
    Options
    Kick back day...cool and very little wind. It was nice going out to feed the birds without shivering and shaking every step of the way. I do not care how much you bundle up, that wind wends its way in to your skin so it can laugh at the goose bumps as they parade across your tummy!
    Watched lots of football..took a nap. Made a feed run to get the chickens and wild birds their rations for the month. Supper out of the way and gonna watch a cheesy Christmas movie to wrap up the day!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie, I liked the idea of watching a cheesy Christmas movie. I need to keep my eyes open for one.

Diane, will have to see if I can get thoughts collected tomorrow for the blog. At some point, I'll get there.

So glad to get caught up with all of you! Hope everyone had a lovely Sunday.

Again, I am keeping this short. I probably need to start getting caught up earlier.

Word for tomorrow is TRANSFORMATION.
    2g7nnvhpolho.jpg

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Patti241,, LOVE LOVE LOVE that you and your sister had fun!! Out til 11 huh? COOL!!! Did you sleep after 3 cups of coffee? Where they a fancy type?
    @Cseguin2 ,, WOW You are super busy, but its doing things you enjoy so that's good! ENJOY THE DAY!
    @Katiecondy1 ,, Brrr sometimes the wind is cutting so badly it's BITING!! LOL I LOVE that, but I HATE being bone chilled. Hope you warned up!! I too watched football today (Chiefs lost, I was cheering them on ONLY because my oldest brother is living out there, but I FAVOR the Bengals so I was OKAY WITH THAT! Jets/Viking game I wanted the Vikings and THEY DID WIN!! WOOHOO!! Both games had us HOLLERING AT THE TV!! LOL That's always a good game!! Hope you enjoyed the rest of the night.
    @Novembergail,, It took me 2 days to get the blog done I did. I was kinda stuck, when normally words flow through me easily. You'll do it! It doesn't need be long or fancy as we all know. I hope you also enjoyed the rest of the night!! I WILL TOO!!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options
    Family dinner tonight at KOOK Korean BBQ very filling ! 😋
    l1rm5zfrg3lj.jpg

Tonight the family got together - well 4 of us at the restaurant we went to last year - I really like the sweet potato noodles and I brought half of them home with me as no one else wanted any - my daughter calls them glass noodle lol - it was a nice time, but I think the meat could have been cooked a little longer - Charise, my granddaughter took over the grill ... there were some items in the small dishes that had seafood and the server was kind enough to tell us which ones so I could avoid those. In the end, I had the soup, which came later, and rice, noodle and some veggies as well as the meat. I was not overly full as you had a snippet of this meat and a snippet of the other - there was beef, pork, chicken, and dumplings ... the conversation was fairly decent as well.
    Hope everyone had a good Sunday and evening too.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep,,,, YUMMY!! Glad you got to enjoy it!! It does look good.
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    aoixac21k2yb.jpg

Thought of the day:

The biggest MOTIVATION is your THOUGHTS,
    so think BIG and MOTIVATE YOURSELF to WIN!

Have a great Monday and KEEP STRIVING :)
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,273 Member
    Options
    It's 41 feels like 37 with a high of 52 for today. Insight Timer Quote: It is key to keep company with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.--Epictetus Axe Sharpening: It's not about perfection. It's about consistency, so I just keep moving!--Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. Fitness quote for today: Suck it up, So one day you won't have to Suck it in.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Look back and be grateful, look ahead and be hopeful, look around and be helpful.--unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,397 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Diane: No it was regular coffee and I did not get to sleep until 3:00am.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Dpecora653,, Debbie this is perfect!! I have a friend who suffers HORRIBLY from anxiety. She burst out crying when I told her "We can only have one thought at a time. Try it while we stand here. Think of what's bothering you, and at the same time as I talk a few seconds as you do that, concentrate on my words." She did, I said "What 3 positive have happened today? It can be as simple as "the sun came out or it didn't come out, your cats and their antics or anything else." She started to smile and cried. "YOU ARE RIGHT!! We can only have one thought at a time! I hadn't realized that." Then we talked about dwelling on the positive things since what drags her down is the news and so much negativity around her. It was so neat!! Over the past few weeks she's been doing when she sees me and another friend she thanks us over and over again.
    @Patti241 ,, OH LOLOL Patti ,, OOPS but I am not surprised. It's GREAT you got out and enjoyed yourself. WOOHOO!!

OFF I go to the grocery store in a few. I am also making a Ferris wheel from a kit of metal ,, it's supposed to light up and go around when I am done. It's an adorable kit, not really hard, but over 900 pieces. I'll post it either as I go or when I am done. I had gotten this before my GGS was born for us to do, but it's far age wise ahead of him, so I decided I'd get him one more for his age instead of waiting. LOL GRANDMA'S TURN for FUN!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Airport Friends:

I am finally feeling well enough to check in. I am really sick. My head is pounding and just to stare at a computer screen hurts my face. So the fact that I am able to now make me feel good. I was fine all weekend with just a hoarse voice and then last night I developed a headache and went to be about 7 pm. Slept until this morning at 5 am and then called into work because it hurt to look at a computer screen and slept from 7am until 10:30 am and then went to bed again at 11 am and slept until 1. So that has been my day in a nutshell. I don't think I am getting any exercise in today. Sorry guys. I am hoping that with the help from tylenol that I will be able to go to work tomorrow. That is what I have been using today for the headache. It has been so bad. I have not hardly eaten anything today either. Not really hungry. I suppose that happens when you are really sick though.

@cormierannie - I hope the weather gets better for you. Nice that you were able to get a short walk in the other day.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I did get my oil changed. I love the new laptop we bought too. It is great and it does so much more than what I use it for. I just cannot imagine not having it now.
    @NovemberGail - Cheesy Christmas movies are the thing. I love them.
    @LindieMaeP - I am glad it sounds like you had a good time. Nice that your grand daughter took over the grill.

Well I am thinking it might be time for another nap. I am starting to feel the head get worse again. Have a good day.

Tabatha
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, read through all the posts. It was rainy this morning but just over cast now, 68 outside.
    Getting hair cut tomorrow, picked up a pointsetter and Christmas cactus today. Other than that nothing new. Have a great day and great week. Hugs and blessings.

0v9hjepdkwvn.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,,UGH sounds like what I had in Sept and many have gotten, but please do also test for covid. LOL 9 out 10 of have said we'd of rather had covid, because it'd of been over with faster. Strange statement, but so true. Please take care. Ours settled deeply in our chests. So sorry you are sick. Glad you got the oil change and WOOHOO on the laptop. I am on mine now.
    @Kurtize,,, Glad you are able to enjoy the day!! WOOHOO to that!!! It's been a nice NON STRESSFUL day here, well LOL there was drama about suddenly creating an event for the others who live here today, but it turned out so well and everyone was very pleased and happy. It's a 55 plus, we all have our own places, but I am the President of the Association Council. TIL THE END OF THE MONTH AND LOL I AM DONE (I HOPE!!) LOL

I did go grocery shopping walking down (I was getting some heavier and bulky items so it was just easier than emptying stuff out of the car into the cart. PLUS I am only at the speed I walk now 5 mins once I am outside from being in the store). But it has tired me out. WOOHOO I'll sleep well later!

MY NSV!! At the start of the year I wore a size up from these jeans. Now I've lost a little bit of weight, but not much about 9 lbs. HOWEVER And TY TY TY TY @Eclipsedagain ,,, thanks to her posts about doing strength training I finally kicked that INTO gear!! As we can see it's working!! LOL Much more and they'll be completely off my hips!! I could not even get into these, when they fit just right they are on my waist, hehehe funky they are just hanging on up!
    m74zrpiear54.jpg
  • EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,567 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. It's been a busy day. I made another batch of cookies and put them right in the freezer. Hung more lights outside and helped Jack hang up our huge wreath. The lights are partly out on it, so we're not even plugging it in this year. He tried to fix it but we think there's a bulb out somewhere and naturally they don't match up with any we have.
    @Grannysue91 wow, that's a beauty! I'm amazed at the time it takes to get a new car now.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I got the Rambler reference lol!
    @Cheririddell I love that squirrel! We have a lot of them around our property. My husband isn't happy with the one who stored his nuts in the truck motor lol.
    @catnurse1 wow, I'd love to live near eagles. There aren't very many in my area.
    @Lessennan that cherry cake looks SO good!
    @SusanM18MFP those cookies all look good, I'd like to give the macarons a try myself.
    @Catwmncat I am not happy with the scale as I knew it would weigh me heavier. Why couldn't it ever go lighter??? I did not weigh in with it since I usually weigh myself Friday mornings. When I lift I always weigh heavier the next day. I was happy with the other readings though. I need to start complaining about my deliveries too!
    Have a good Monday evening!

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Tabatha - Hope you feel better soon!

Today was a productive day. Got dishes and laundry done. Also went back to bed for a couple of hours this morning as I felt like I hit a wall. When I got up from my nap I went to the bank, post office and the grocery store. Great walk for a change. So now all cards have been mailed. Got my dry ingredients at work done for gingerbread cookies that I will mix tomorrow to put in the fridge. The residents had steakette, oven roasted potatoes, gravy, green beans, and a choice of vanilla or chocolate pudding for dinner. Everything was on schedule tonight and turned out perfectly.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Eclipsedagain,, LOL some of my earliest memories are of my Mom stringing lights, and a bulb missing. Her language was "colorful" but, not in an angry way, LOL Just "expressive" and the lights made sure if it every single year! I laughed at that time, and it still makes me smile. Which your post just did. She's been gone for 31 years and missed. I am pretty sure my scale did that too, but its not by much, and the scale does absolutely agree with my Dr's. Have you synched your phone to it? It's SO NEAT to download the app!! WOW THE INFO!! ENJOY!! ENJOY!! ENJOY and at such an amazing cost too!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, So sorry you didn't feel well earlier, but sounds like things turned around a little bit better. You sure did get quite a bit done. Oh I have NO DOUBT the residents enjoyed their meal!! WTG!!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, glad you all are doing well and getting things done ok. Just stayed home today and chilled after the Korean BBQ that part was cool but the driving around to find a vap shop that sold the CBD for Amigo was a pain - I stayed in the car, I have no need to go into those shops although my granddaughter got bath balls at the one that finally had the CBD oil. Gene gave him a bit last night and so far he's had 3 tiny shots of it and tonight he was grooming himself, so nice to see and of course he was on my bed today too - has not been on my bed in 2 weeks. But still too weak to jump up on the dresser - he looked then looked up at the bed, so I picked him up and put him on it and he curled up and went to have a nap. Feeding him is still hard to do, he ate some plain greek yogurt this morning ok, just a teaspoon as he can only have 2 tbs a week - so 3 tsp to a tbs so I am weaning it out by tsp. I wish he would eat his other food and not be so uninterested, he's lost 7 lbs now and is so bony it is sad, however, I used my blender and I took a can of his meat, a tbs of water and liquified it so I can get it in one of the syringes we used for his meds, he's not happy but he is getting something.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 we are getting snow tomorrow - best cover up that belly button eh ? You don't wanna get a cold LOL Good for you for the pants not fitting the right way - and I have read that resistance training is crucial for weight loss not just aerobic. So I will be looking for some resistance training I can do at home. No bands though ...
    @Tabatha_Cain I sure hope you are feeling better but do hope you do a Covid test just to rule it out. There are some serious flus going around for sure. I only just started feeling better after having a cold like flu all NOV and it did not go into my chest but man my sinuses ran a lot ! So I hope you feel better and glad the tylenol helped, it helped me a lot too!
    Well thank you everyone for your posts, have a wonderful night and enjoy what ever you have planned.
    o2zetng2n2nl.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Poor Amigo. Poor you and Gene, he's lost so much weight. Its so hard to see them go through the end stage of life.
    Hmmm we STILL DO NOT HAVE ANY SNOW!! SIGH SIGH!! This global warming thing needs TO GO BACK to NORMAL, but we both well know it will not due to greed as we currently see it. Glad I am nice and warm, bothers me on how many are not so fortunate.