Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,495 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! There are just too many threads for me to keep up with! I'll try though! I made 6 dozen pizzelles today and they HAVE to go in the freezer ASAP! I won't be able to resist them.
    @LindieMaeP poor Amigo, I hope he's ok. <3
    @Tabatha_Cain well crap, I was hoping you'd be negative, but at least you know. I hope you feel better soon and can get back to work. I did finish the blanket yesterday :)
    Have a great afternoon!

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the support!

Today was a great day. Planned exercise done! Also did dishes and laundry. Went to the bank and got my accounts all straightened out. They are reversing all the charges in my savings account. So far that's $30. Very surprising and greatful. Got the cookie dough made and the hamburger cooked for pasta sauce at work. The residents had chicken quarter, rice pilaf, California mix vegetables, tomato soup and lemon jello with whipped cream. Need to go to the storage unit and take some Halloween stuff back and bring some Christmas decorations home. Will suck as I have to do it by bus. But I need at least some of Christmas in the apartment.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,448 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, finally getting in here, the site seemed to have issues with connectivity and I got a screen shot on my android phone and shared on my news feed. I hope you all are having a wonderful evening. I have had a productive day, almost 120 of exercise minutes as well as enjoying some dancing with my airpartner - except they don't dip very well, at ALL !!! LOLOLOL
    @EclipsedAgain so nice to see you posting, even though it was wrong thread, haha I have tagged you but you dont' have to respond here. Yes Amigo still hanging in there, I have blended his food and am manualling feeding him, a bit every 4 hours or so, being careful not to over do it. He actually came into my room this morning because he was lonely out in the livingroom! It seems he also does not like a dark room... I wonder if his eye sight is going some what.
    @Tabatha_Cain, I am sorry to see you tested positive for Covid - be careful that once the obvious symptoms are gone, you still rest - I found when I had it I had low energy for a month and even my arms seemed too heavy. Take note of anything else that seems off too and just document it in your medical diary if you have one.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I knew you would have no problem even if there was a glitch from your HH - been there done that !! Well not the IC but the HH lol It was such an exciting meeting last night - and it ended well. Do you like comfort food ? Seems Jesus did too - remember he said "my food is to do the work of him who sent me and to finish his work" - that was his comfort food .. I am sure you get it ... I will never look at comfort food the same way then afterwards, on zoom, we asked each one what their comfort food was, of course mine is church's chicken and fries LOL I have not had it in a long long time !! The snow is almost gone and now it is raining but it is damp and cold and dark now. Volunteer this aft was good too! Hope your day went well.
    @everyone, have a wonderful evening and remember to breath if you find it stressful. Did you know that when you are listening to your breathing you can't hear anything else? I used to fall asleep listening to my breathing. Have to remember to do that again!
    hphr6g3yyrfg.gif
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good day. Here was overcast and chilly and damp but got two hours' work outside. My inner child had a fit and didn't want to budge.

@Dpecora653: Like your uplifting posts. So glad you got the blanket finished!
    @Tabatha_Cain: Oh, sorry that you tested positive. Please take care so you don't get the long-term Covid. I am hearing more people wearing masks again.
    @LindieMaeP: Love the Tuesday Happy Dance.
    @Kaliswalker: You got me to laugh out loud. Those snow women are hilarious!
    @EclipsedAgain: So great to see your posts.
    @macrat12: Congrats on getting your rings closed.
    @Dianedoessmiles1: Always good to read your responses!

Tomorrow's word is Honesty.

sepj6vbadov5.jpg
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,305 Member
    Options
    Late comment but..that Korean BBQ looked awesome!! We used to go to a place in Tulsa where they would chop and cook right there on a griddle in front of you..of course the chef's all did fancy knife work and put on a great show..plus the food was just WOW!!
    I so miss our lil flock of quail, they looked so cute trotting thru the snow..the lead male with his high feathered crest, then the ladies behind him, last is the look out male , again with the feathered crest. Just a mini parade in my front yard!! I will dig up a picture some day ..not very clear cause all you had to do was breathe loudly and they were gone!! Flighty lil birds, they know they are high on the dinner menu of too many species.
    I started watching The Empress on Netflix, it is kinda slow..but court politics usually are. The costuming is just incredible ..set towards the end of the Hapsburg Dynasty. I like historical shows if they are fairly on target and well presented, if there is a bit too much "fantasy" thrown in then I tend to move on. I had an instructor in 5th grade that brought history to life and had little side stories you never would find in the books that made the people of the past more real and relatable.
    The past few days have been stressful, dealing with some legal issues, but I think they are all smoothed out now. At least I feel the relief of not pushing to get this , that and the other done. I had to laugh at my GD..she said ..and I quote...GM you need to find a guy to take care of you....OMG I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Of all the things I might want or need in my life at this point..another guy to housebreak is so far down the list..whoops..yep there he goes just fell plumb off the page!! Now if someone could find me a nice friendly horse or donkey I am up for that!!
    Ok..I am getting silly ..always a good sign that I am tired..so wishing all a good night.
    v8ic208ajhyb.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,189 Member
    Options
    @ALL I can FINALLY as with many others, get back onto groups, but I have MUCH to catch up with, so I'll be back tomorrow. @Lindiemaep ,, Glad Amigo is with you @Tabatha_Cain please take care.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,134 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all feeling well this morning. I am surviving. I am not to bad. Just cold symptoms right now and it stinks. I swear if my nose does not stop running I may just cut it off. That is how I feel right now. It is never ending. That seems to be the worse of my symptoms other than the headache. That is all though. Not much of a cough and I have some fatigue. I had a telehealth visit with my doctor and she pulled me out of work until Monday. Then I should be good to go back to work and feel better hopefully.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I am hoping no one else got it. I don't need to get any of them sick. I tried to stay clear from everyone so as not to get them sick. I do hope I don't lose my job over this. I don't want to lose my job, but who knows.
    @EclipsedAgain - I was thinking it would be negative as well. I don't like having covid. It sucks. I hate being sick. I am glad that you got the blanket done though.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is great that they are reversing all the charges. I am sure you will get your Christmas stuff to your apartment.
    @LindieMaeP - I made note of all the random things that are going on now. I mentioned the symptoms to my doctor. She wants me to just rest and relax the next 4 days. Love your cat video. So cute.
    @NovemberGail - I am not even going out anymore. I have to wait to see about when I no longer test positive. I am wearing my mask everywhere.
    @katiecondy1 - It is sweet that your GD wants you to be taken care of. Although it would be good to teach her that women are just as capable as men at getting things done and we don't really need a man to take care of us. It would be nice but not required.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    0exbctcnn1ky.jpg

Thought of the day:
    MODERATION
    Small helpings
    Sample a little bit of everything.
    These are the secrets of happiness and good health.

Have a Healthy Thursday :)
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,267 Member
    Options
    It's 46 feels like 46 with a high of 56 and chances of rain today. Insight Timer Quote: Blessed Bodhi Day to the Buddhist community. This day commemorates Buddha and his enlightenment.--Insight Timer Team I AM: I am grateful my enjoyment of life increases daily. Axe Sharpening: There's always a reason to smile. No matter how dark and scary the world may be, there's goodness when we look. And if you don't see it-BE it.--Jenna Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Fitness quote for today: It's NEVER too late and you're NEVER to old to become better.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Don't let people pull you into their storms. Pull them into your peace.--unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 11,066 steps yesterday. Some of you may or maynot know I hit a deer coming home over 3 weeks ago and finally heard from the insurance company so going to pick up my new car well new to me it's a 2017 or 2018. Will post a photo of it later.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,064 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,495 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! I will be doing some dancing later on. i am catching up on my housework today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,,, Glad it's not to bad though annoying!! Please do take care. I doubt you can be fired, I'm pretty sure it's not legal for any company to do that. You are protecting your coworkers from being sick. Please take care of you.
    @Dpecora653,,, Moderation to all we do, keeps us happy. Agree.
    @Macrat12 ,,, Glad you can have the new to you car!! That's great and not to shabby at 4 or 5 years old. We hope you enjoy it, okay love it. Them deers are QUICK!!! I HAD THOUGHT there weren't many in the city, LOL I am finding out otherwise!! A place I go often they hang out at night we found out.
    @Patti241,, and still neither of us has snow. You'd THINK @Catnurse1 would STOP HOGGING IT ALL!! LOL
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Dlbeasyrider,, Dave, I LOVE the beach!! Thankfully I have a number of them right around me. NOTHING like going to my favorite one (Old Orchard Beach) in the winter ,, LOL OOPS stopping by Lisa's pizza (Its on the walk way to the beach, just like any other typical situation open front) who are open and getting Freshly fried ONION RINGS!! They are steaming hot as I walk along and OH MY they just taste better when you are walking on the snow! IF WE GET ANY!! LOL @Lindiemaep keeps HOGGING IT as well as and MOSTLY @Catnurse1!
    @Kurtize,, where about are you? WOW 76!! YO NOT for me thanks! LOL Pic giggle giggle
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,448 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 YO Sis no snow here now, liquid sunshine in the air !! LOL Oh and I would gladly love to go to Ocean City for some Thrashers fries - same thing hot and eat walking along the board walk! Maybe stick my toes in the ocean LOL
    uxjv81oabdum.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, GO FOR IT!!! So much FUN!!
  • EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    Good evening! Thank goodness it slowed down here!
    @NovemberGail Hey! Good to see you here!
    @Tabatha_Cain glad you're not really sick, relax and get better before work on Monday!

Have a good Friday night!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today is definitely colder than it has been. Had to turn the heat up a degree after having turned it down. Don't care for to many layers when in the house as it encourages me to be lazy. Exercise done. Took a couple of small boxes to the storage unit with my cart and brought back a couple of small boxes of decorations, Christmas wrap bag, a Christmas picture that was Mom's and a white elephant gift for my TOPS Christmas party auction. For the trip to the storage unit I got on the wrong bus and had to walk quite a bit farther than planned. I use to walk that distance and way more and it was easy. Now not so much. Definitely a sign on how much I have let things slack exercise wise. For dinner the residents had breaded cod(struggled with getting it cooked enough), oven roasted potatoes, corn, turkey rice soup, and coconut cream pie for dessert. Tonight had a couple of issues with residents and when cleaning the fryer the coil slipped and fell back into the oil splashing everywhere. An extra 15 minutes or more at work thanks to my mess. Tomorrow's plan is exercise, cookie dough making, maybe storage unit if it's not raining and I have time and work. Not sure if my Son is coming this weekend or not. Kind of hope he is so he can help me get things done.