Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    New me, goodbye fatfifties. Welcome slimmersixties! I'm 90lb down, thrown out my old clothes and my old name. I'm the lightest I've ever been as an adult.
    Having a couple of steady months then in February when I'm back travelling in the rv going to have a final big push to reach my goal weight (5 to 12lb away) before my 60th birthday

Thats amazing, well done to you. Enjoy your slimmer sixties
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    Quite pleased with myself so far this week, been surrounded by so much food, especially chocolate and cake and ive not felt tempted at all, im keeping im mind i dont want to put the weight back on over Christmas
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well it finally happened! After 2 1/2 years dodging the dreaded COVID19 bug my wife, daughter and I have all succumbed to it this past week. I barely got my numbers in this past Sunday, sorry for the late delivery. We are all recovering nicely and hope to be back to "normal" before Christmas, although we have to mask up before joining any group activities.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of my friends here, may the joy of the season bless you all.

Rick
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    Well it finally happened! After 2 1/2 years dodging the dreaded COVID19 bug my wife, daughter and I have all succumbed to it this past week. I barely got my numbers in this past Sunday, sorry for the late delivery. We are all recovering nicely and hope to be back to "normal" before Christmas, although we have to mask up before joining any group activities.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of my friends here, may the joy of the season bless you all.

Rick

Oh no ... Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery ...I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas :)
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    12/14 - 5,102

12/20 - 5,495
    12/21 - 5,065

MSWarrior

PW 198.2
    CW 197.6

I know I should be happy with my loss but I had a couple of really (good) bad meals...I need to watch my carbs which will be hard to do with Christmas...lol

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone 🎄🕎
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    SW 388.6
    PW 253.2
    CW 251
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I will go back through the posts when I get back from my much needed injections for my back. We were delayed yesterday and when we landed they couldn’t find my walker. I already lost my cane on the way down. It was very late by the time we got home. I am really missing my morning pina colda but it’s back to reality. We have a big storm headed our way just in time for a white Christmas.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thanks for the help while I was gone.

I can’t remember when I posted my steps last. Let me know if I am missing any days.

Dec 18th
    8,050 plus 120 minutes leisurely swim

December 19th
    9,692 plus 120 minutes leisurely swim

December 20th
    5,875 plus 120 minutes leisurely swim

December 21st

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I will go back through the posts when I get back from my much needed injections for my back. We were delayed yesterday and when we landed they couldn’t find my walker. I already lost my cane on the way down. It was very late by the time we got home. I am really missing my morning pina colda but it’s back to reality. We have a big storm headed our way just in time for a white Christmas.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I can’t remember when I posted my steps last. Let me know if I am missing any days.

Dec 18th

December 19th

December 20th

December 21st

You are very welcome :) Great steps this week
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    IP2021

Wednesday
    PW: 252.8
    CW: 252.8

No change this week in weight, but in terms of measurements I've lost
    3cm on my waist
    2cm on my hips
    2cm on my thighs
    2cm on my calves and
    1cm on my upper arms

It's nice to see that the weight loss at the moment is nicely divided over my entire body 😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    [quote

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Dec 18th

December 19th

December 20th

December 21st

You are very welcome :) Great steps this week

Walking between the pool and the beach add up. I was shocked how high they are as I used my walker a lot.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »

Rick

Glad you are on the mend. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

12/14 - 5,102

12/20 - 5,495
    12/21 - 5,065

MSWarrior

PW 198.2
    CW 197.6

I know I should be happy with my loss but I had a couple of really (good) bad meals...I need to watch my carbs which will be hard to do with Christmas...lol

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone 🎄🕎

Congrats on the loss! Christmas can be tricky.

JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW 388.6
    PW 253.2
    CW 251

Awesome loss! Getting close now.

IP2021 wrote: »
    IP2021

Wednesday
    PW: 252.8
    CW: 252.8

No change this week in weight, but in terms of measurements I've lost
    3cm on my waist
    2cm on my hips
    2cm on my thighs
    2cm on my calves and
    1cm on my upper arms

It's nice to see that the weight loss at the moment is nicely divided over my entire body 😊

The scale can be fickle but measurements don’t lie. Very nice NSV!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    New me, goodbye fatfifties. Welcome slimmersixties! I'm 90lb down, thrown out my old clothes and my old name. I'm the lightest I've ever been as an adult.
    Having a couple of steady months then in February when I'm back travelling in the rv going to have a final big push to reach my goal weight (5 to 12lb away) before my 60th birthday

I love this post. So positive and inspiring.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Pw 228
    Cw 228

With all the baking I will take maintenance.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.i hope you all had a good Christmas eve eve eve.
    Check in:
    Steps - 5474
    Calories - 2579
    Exercise - none. Trying to recover from gym yesterday. Abs are killing me.

I am renewing my effort to log everything, both here and in writing. I have gotten very lazy the last month or so.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2022
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Pw 228
    Cw 228

With all the baking I will take maintenance.

Staying the same is a positive with holidays goodies all around us.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.i hope you all had a good Christmas eve eve eve.
    Check in:
    Steps - 5474
    Calories - 2579
    Exercise - none. Trying to recover from gym yesterday. Abs are killing me.

I am renewing my effort to log everything, both here and in writing. I have gotten very lazy the last month or so.

I got out of the habit of logging and I gained. I was just starting to get back into it and of course, didn’t log while I was away. Let’s both commit to logging.

• aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    PW: 319
    CW: 319
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Steps: 4,895
    Sleep: ✔️
    Log food:
    Exercise:

PW 206.6
    CW 207.4

I am ok with this. My weight is actually up from yesterday morning. I barely ate Wednesday and Thursday. I had a sandwich at 11pm last night as I felt hungry. Besides that I had a couple of bites of an apple. I haven’t drank much water also. Once I finish my coffee it’s water time.

We are having a big storm today. I still have some stuff to do for Christmas but we are waiting until tomorrow morning. I won’t be walking over to the pool house. It’s slippery and I don’t want a fall. @JaysFan82 what is it like in the Windsor area.

Here’s a couple of pictures of my holidays. I truly don’t like the way I look so it’s time to get serious. The 12 pounds I gained really makes a difference. The one picture is of my beautiful daughter and granddaughters.
    tol0svmln87h.jpeg
    a48lex8l3ct2.jpeg

p3mp1k4kdsep.jpeg

Happy Tibbs eve! It’s a Newfoundland tradition.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Are you ready for the holidays?
This discussion has been closed.