Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,036 Member
    Options
    3680982gz70m8z3lw.jpg

Happy Christmas Eve! :) Busy day ahead but wanted to wish you all a Happy Christmas Eve. I have to get the ribs in the crock pot, zoom call at 12:30 with some of the kids, maybe a quick visit with Babe and then drop the ribs off at Lisa's parents house before we all go to Church. After that let the celebrations begin.
    Charlie did well with surgery but they can't find any children's liquid Tylenol or Ibuprofen. I will check my Walmart when I leave but put in an order to Walgreens they accepted and then emailed it was out of stock. It is all over the news that children's medicine can't be found.

Jackie and Lin, thank you for the beautiful cards.

Must run time is getting short.

Merry Christmas
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    jv47aot70l0c.jpeg

I was relieved to see you, my friends in North America are surviving the storms and remaining cheerful. When I heard the centre was over Buffalo earlier in the day, I thought of you Anne because that’s not too far away. It’s more rain for me and the pooches which meant getting caught in a downpour soon after we set off on our walk. We all got soaked and on the way home I had to stop at Richard and Christine’s again to give them a card Les asked me to deliver but I didn’t stay because George and Betty were still wet after a towel down and I didn’t want them to get cold. I’ve enjoyed a quiet day at home and mid afternoon Jill arrived with a box of homemade cakes. George was so excited to see her and we once again promised we would arrange to walk together one day although she has adopted a puppy that is a handful and terrifies Scruff so I’m not sure George would want to walk with her! We’ll see!

Barbie, I think most of Charles Dickens stories were dramatised by him to appear bleak because he was a man who felt strongly about social injustices. The movies made from the stories offered visual atmospheres to match but then London was a smokey, dirty place with coal fires and cold winds from the east. Where I am in Cornwall, surrounded by water, it is generally a few degrees warmer and on rare occasions Tropical weather systems move up from the Azores. I’m sure Anne will tell you that movies of Brontë Sisters novels also have cold, miserable scenes on the blustery Yorkshire moors! It was cold in Cornwall last week but still quite a bit milder than the rest of the country!

I’m watching carols from Kings and also Royal Carols at Westminster Abbey so flicking back and forth. A beautiful childrens choir from a Ukrainian school here in England brought tears to my eyes, missing their fathers who were not allowed to leave but instead had to stay to fight.

Sandy, with all the new childrens infections appearing we too are running out of basic medications and antibiotics. It’s a shame the scientists didn’t see this coming! I do hope pain relief can be found for Charlie but anyway, she will just have to eat lots of ice cream!

Stay safe everyone and please don’t take risks.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,084 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Good afternoon. We have some sunshine this afternoon and the temperature has climbed above zero! Wahoo! Last night it was horrible out there, the house rocked in the howling wind. Honestly I thought the weatherman had said it wouldn’t be as severe as the prior night but it was worse from what I could tell. The closed roads are opening up again. I think I-35 was the first to open mid-morning. It is so difficult for people to travel for any purpose.

Well, I don’t have a Christmas Eve greeting but I do like this!

mwm8s9zbq2pe.jpeg

Anne, is the photo of your frosty window on the device you use to post messages here? Well, probably not an immediate need. I hope your power stays on and you stay safe. Hello to Jilly!

Jackie, well, wet is not particularly comfortable but a bit more comfortable than slippery or snow bound. Maybe. Be safe, warm and comfortable. A friend was texting me and we both watched “White Christmas” on AMC this morning/early afternoon. That movie has such gorgeous color.

Sandy, off enjoying the holiday. So I am waving at you in case you stop by. 🙋🏼‍♀️

Patsy, Barbie, Diane, Jeri. Best wishes to you as well.

Lin ⛄️
    ❤️🎄❤️

Such a gorgeous teapot
    3z2jr6cpl6nh.jpeg

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE DEAR FRIENDS. The happiest day of the year when all the dear old pensioners where having their Christmas cheer. (Naughty Anne, naughty poem). But seriously I just love Christmas Eve and we’ve got snow outside, bonus, but the wind is getting up again, not so bonus although it could help the reindeer if it’s blowing behind them. I peeked at my present LIN. It’s a very nice warm woolly winter jacket in shades of camel and white. Plus peach marmalades. We weren’t supposed to be buying gifts this year! Oh well! I gave cash taped on Christmas goodies so expect to be told off tomorrow! Jilly received herring doggy chews.
    So me and the Bean are settling on the sofa with the fire on and the wind howling outside. Perfect!
    Merry Christmas and “God bless us every one” to quote Tiny Tim.
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    God B,ess Us All indded, finally have WiFi after a crazy icy cold storm, delayed Christmas for us. Damon is coming on Christmas Day. Andrea and grandson will show up as well. We will enjoy a small family group with some treats. THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS WILL BE A OUR FAMILY DINNER.

I see I have lovely e-cards from Lin and Jackie but can’t see them yet. Our WiFi is cranky!
    stay safe and warm my dearest sneakers. We will do the same.
    I love and treasure each and everyone of you,
    Patsy☘️, John and Katie
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Christmas Day and surprise, surprise, it’s raining! George, Betty and Brady enjoyed an early treat and breakfast, took one look outside, then headed back to bed! I’m sipping coffee and Google searching a slow cooker recipe for pork medallions (with apples or Balsamic vinegar?) and once that’s prepared will walk the pooches whether they want to or not! Then it will be a moment in history as King Charles gives his first Christmas message at 3pm.

Fabulous teapot Lin. 😁

I’m sending warm hugs and love across the pond that might just melt that ice and snow! 🌨❄️⛄️
    Stay safe and warm.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    MERRY. CHRISTMAS MORN. Jilly Bean woke me up at 5am for an early morning dash, came back to bed and woke me up at 6:30 with an eyelid Christmas kiss! We’ve just had breakfast and it’s a balmy minus -6 C. A take it easy morning with Michael driving down at 2pm to pick me and Jilly up to spend the rest of the day with Mark, Mary Jo, Derek, Bev and Hobbes the giant cat. I shall take it easy when it comes to Christmas dinner and just have a tablespoon of rich Christmas pudding and NO very rich cream filled trifle after last years late night fiasco, lol.
    Have a lovely day whatever you are doing be it Christmas or Yule tide pagan full of cheer and roaring fires and of course a kiss under the mistletoe.
    Anne and Jilly the Beano. xxxxxx.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,911 Member
    Options
    :) We are so fortunate here. Two days ago it was fourteen degrees with many inches of snow. This morning it is 44 degrees and the snow is nearly gone. I set my boots with YakTrax aside and returned to regular winter walking shoes I'll walk by myself this morning before dawn and then with my Sunday walking friend at 9:30. I finished listening to "A Christmas Carol" and am now listening to "A Child's Christmas in Wales". I hope you will all be safe today.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Lovely day, working on birthday cards, watching interesting programs and talking to friends on the phone. I have been watching Mary Berry on PBS and earlier watched the King’s speech.

Methinks we are getting some light snow now but not a lot is forecast to accumulate.

Nothing else of note.

I hope everyone has had a lovely day.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ⛄️⛄️

wj2d3fbt6y6i.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    edited December 2022
    Options
    xb70ohq677bx.png

Had a wonderful time at Lisa's parents house with wonderful family and friends. Picked Babe up this morning and later Cheryl and Marisa came by and stayed for a nice visit. Marisa and I were doing Survivor puzzles which were hard. Had lots of laughs and too many snacks.
    Going to sit down and watch It's a Wonderful Life now and if time a Christmas Story.

I hope your Christmas was wonderful and everyone is ready for the new year!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Super Christmas here. My sort of Christmas with Mark, Mary Jo, Michael, Derek, Bev, me, Jilly and giant puss Hobbes. Jilly doesn’t like dogs but likes Hobbes and they curl up together. The meal was wonderful. Baked ham, home made Wellington roll, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, mashed squash and gravy. Dessert was trifle which I avoided and homemade Christmas pudding with butter sauce. Much merriment and cracker pulling. We stayed until almost midnight and seeing it was past my bedtime slept solidly for 9 hours. I’m awake but Jilly is still curled up in her bed fast asleep after a snack. She’s not used to late nights but refused to sleep whilst at the Ms being a very nosy little dog! We watched a murder mystery on their big tv but don’t ask me why he “did” it because unlike Jilly I kept nodding off! The perils of being old and decrepit.
    Happy Boxing Day when the church boxes are opened after the Christmas Day takings to give to the poor. Does that still happen JACKIE? I hope so.

Anne - about to have a little port wine and settle down.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Still "nursing" Babe and I don't mean feeding. lol Trying to get all the paperwork they gave me read and will make doctor's appointments tomorrow. He starts home therapy next Monday which will give him time to unwind and try to get some strength.
    I had words with the rehab today because they added new pills and of course I didn't have them this morning. He was discharged on Christmas Day so of course the pharmacy wasn't open so how was I supposed to get them? I told her I have all his pills mailed since there are so many but she just said well you should have picked them up. I told her I would take care of it and I did by getting three days of emergency pills for the pharmacy until they arrive in the mail.
    I am a little cranky with all of this because I don't like nursing, never have, never will. I give nurses all the credit in the world in what they do but it's not for me.
    He is using the walker in the house which is a good thing and he is eating better, so I do feel he will get stronger everyday until he can ride the recumbent bike again.
    I received some wonderful gifts for Christmas and I am very grateful.
    This is my daughter and son in law with their new granddaughter Aloha.
    gkllxqszzx50.jpg
    And this is me with the kiddos. Charlie didn't feel that good but gave it her all.
    hz2glrs34ghn.jpg

One more holiday week with me eating everything in sight. Guess what my resolution will be? lol
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jacAth3
    Options
    Hello and goodnight! My battery is down to 10%… oops no, 9% already, so a very quick post.
    I’ve enjoyed a very quiet Christmas, walked, pottered and eaten far too much rich and sweet food. I’m working my way through boxes of chocolates, Christmas cake and my delicious pork medallion casserole and will be happy to eat salads for the next month!

Sandy, when I was on holiday with my dear friend Pat, I was amazed how many prescription drugs she has to take since her stroke and the slow process to sort and swallow them all. I know I’m lucky not to require meds but was shocked at their impact on her time and concentration, and mine in a small way. We did laugh about it most days! That’s a gorgeous photo and I’m pleased to see they were allowed to touch Aloha!

Anne, most churches have been sold for residential development and I don’t hear of much charitable work these days but our new King is quietly donating his own money to food banks and donations in memory of the late Queen have been offered to a charity helping people struggling to pay energy bills so it seems we are heading back to a feudal system! Perhaps we should shut down Westminster and let the King take control!

Before I’m cut off, goodnight! 🥰
    Jackie 💤💤💤
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been fussing with various projects today and ended up on the phone with several calls from friends for long conversations. And no, I did not make the calls! One friend was having problems with her phone and asked me questions. Unfortunately, for the most part, I was unable to help her as she has some type of Android phone. I know nothing!!

It was an odd day with no mail, many businesses closed but also many open. So half a holiday? Haaaa. I need to get to the library tomorrow as I was unable to renew one of the books I have checked out and I have a book on hold to pick up. I would like to take a box to the post office but apparently they are expecting huge numbers of people doing returns. I guess we will see.

Anne, your celebration sounds just phenomenal! What did you find in the crackers you pulled? Toys? Hats? Did you take home any leftovers? Will you have a New Year’s Day party as well? Glad you had so much fun.

Sandy, loving those photos. Poor Charlie, she still looks very nice even though she was not feeling well, and I love her dress. I hope she is doing okay. Did anyone ever find any medication for her? And look at those happy grandparents with that tiny girl. ❤️❤️ This has been a trying time for you with all the errands and doctors appointments, and visits to Babe. I cannot believe they changed Babe’s medication when the pharmacies were closed and didn’t send any home with him when he was discharged. Growl! Boy, I hope you get some rest one of these days!

Hello to everyone else, Patsy, Jackie, Diane, Barbie, and Jeri. I don’t see any other posts which is a bit odd but MFP s odd each day!

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

zt6hpafriyrd.jpeg

• Loveburg87
    Options
    Down to earth day for me in the lunch menu. I’ve just made carrot and onion soup. Cooling down a bit before putting in the food processor. Bit of yogurt and “Bobs your uncle”.

What was in my cracker LIN? A paper crown, a bad joke, and a wee nutcracker soldier to hang on the tree I didn’t put up. Put it on Mary Jo’s tree instead.

I read about our new Kings donations JACKIE. Refrigerators for food banks etc. He seems to me a caring soul. A feudal system seems almost a good idea when you read of all the havoc the worlds politicians are causing. Did you read another Russian tycoon has fallen out of a hotel window?

On a lighter note I’m back to walking around the house for half hour. Plus all goodies in the house removed except for a bit of sherry to welcome 2023. Let’s pray it’s a better year for us all! We’ve had our share of disasters in 2022 haven’t we.

Anne.
  • jacAth3
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This morning I managed to walk with George and Betty before the next rain storm arrived. I then spent nearly 3 hours on a WhatsApp chat with my friend Pat until my hand holding my phone froze! Both stoves have been lit and I’m now sitting with feet up watching hilarious YouTube videos. The funniest are reviews of the M and H Netflix series! I’m not eating much today as I’m not sure any room is left so a few cups of tea instead.

Yes Anne, I read about the sausage tycoon in another one of those was he pushed or did he jump scenarios. The police report is something to behold too! At this rate, Mr. P will run out of Oligarchs to bump off soon! The Roman gold earring found in a Norfolk field is interesting and left me wondering how it ended up there. Have you watched the BBC series The Detectorists? Gentle British humour with an occasional poignant twist. Well worth watching if you can find it.

Brady has perched on the tv stand in front of the screen. It’s his way of saying “Feed me” so I’d better do as I’m told!

Hello to everyone else.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello friends. We had a bit of sunshine again today and it got up to around 32 degrees F. It should be nicer the next several days before rain and/or freezing rain. I did get to the post office to send my box of cards to the charity and I purchased a roll of stamps since the price is going up again soon. And I got to the library to return books and pick up one that was on hold. I have another low tire. And actually, the others are looking a bit low as well. 👀

A very sweet lady at my church died overnight. She was taking chemo treatments and passed away in her house. Her friend found her as she was to take her to another treatment today. Everyone is very sad and quite surprised by this turn of events.

I am paying bills, trying to check on another online account that seems odd. Is life turning into all suspicious and fraud when it comes to email and texts? I will try to call again tomorrow. No one is answering the phone in the company’s billing department.

I ordered some groceries for delivery today since I didn’t want to drive again until I get the tire situation handled. I have my inflator out now and will work on tires tomorrow when it is warmer.

Jackie, a friend of mine in Portland said it is raining and actually quite cold there. Her dog is less than thrilled to go for a walk. And she agrees! Perhaps dogs have some good judgment! I am acquainted with several ladies, artists, who live in Ukraine. One of them is ill and cannot seem to get over a respiratory problem. I wonder if lack of heat and warm food is adding significantly to her inability to recover? It cannot help. These people are phenomenal in their staying power in difficult circumstances.

Anne, some lovely little treats in your crackers thanks for sharing with me. I made a tiny pot of soup yesterday. In fact just enough for one person, one meal. I need to whip up a larger pot of soup. I do have a batch of fresh lovely broccoli sprouts finished. I have been eating them quite quickly. It will soon be time to start more! Hello Jilly! Are you both all rested up now?

Well, I think I will try to find some soup but my can opener is broken and the new one was not delivered today as had been promised. Weather delay.

Be safe everyone. New Year’s Day will be here soon.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

mqgyc14igkpt.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Back in ER since 3:00 now 7:00. Difficulty breathing and weak. Fell off of dining room chair and broke it. Came by ambulance. Will keep you posted once I know.
    Sandy
    One Day at a time.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Back in ER since 3:00 now 7:00. Difficulty breathing and weak. Fell off of dining room chair and broke it. Came by ambulance. Will keep you posted once I know.
    Sandy
    One Day at a time.

Oh Sandy…..thanks for letting us know. I hope it is not serious. Hugs.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,911 Member
    Options
    :) I made chicken soup today, enough for four meals. We'll have soup for lunch tomorrow and put the other three jars in the freezer for the future.

:) We live in a manufactured home park so the house is ours but the land is not. The park management takes care of the trees and checks them to get ahead of things if it looks like a tree is in danger of falling. Yesterday a tree was taken down in our yard and three others elsewhere. We were able to watch the whole tree cutting process. These trees are at least 100 feet tall, so it's quite a process.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    fvj8yjj83a4y.jpg