Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    A very quick check in tonight. As is evidenced, by my way, in this week, I had too much food enjoyment over the near year. I am back on track, eating wise. I went to my spin class this morning, and the instructor nearly killed me, she had been gone for two weeks and had a lot of energy.🤣. I then went over to my daughter and son-in-law‘s house, we went tobogganing with the grand kiddos, then they wanted to go play in the playground. We walked across the field, which is about three blocks long, and sank about a foot deep into the snow, the whole way, my legs are killing me, and I can hardly keep my eyes open. Playing in a playground in 1 to 2 feet of snow is a very different experience, I am just ready to drop.
    I will catch up more tomorrow, I hope everybody had a very happy new year.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Thank you for sharing that. I will print it.

@Meg I hope you feel better soon. Good job on getting in some exercise.

Welcome Lisa & Missy 😊

Congratulations @FushiaKat and all those who made the leader board. How exciting!!

@trooworld I applaud your water drinking goals. Im struggling with it. I always forget to add it too my diary too.

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    No Zero Days

Jan 1 - finally cleaned up my kitchen
    Jan 2 - drank water on purpose (18oz) and beat my 10K step goal

Step Update

Jan 1 - 6358 (2.77 miles)
    Jan 2 - 10746 (4.57 miles)
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @laurelfit57 I’m exhausted just reading that. It must be fun though.

Welcome to the group Bethany.

@Katmary71 that was some craziness, no lights and fire alarms going off. I would have just beat it with a broom. 😂

Today’s update

No zero day(s):

I made brownies and didn’t touch any! If thats not an achievement!

I have a plate of almond (my fave), pistachio, cheese and thyme, untouched by me! Miracles do happen! I just keep saying, it’s not worth it.

I started a once a week course with a friend which also makes me be accountable. The instructor is nice and patient, so will be working on sticking with it.

Rambling ahead:

I haven’t touched bread or pasta for over a week. Since last Tuesday, I am down 6.6 lbs. I’m not doing any particular exercise besides housework and steps (still under 10k, all rain here, so staying indoors). I have been working on my meals. My zucchini lasagna, yesterday was beef stew with no potatoes. I use cups instead of bowls, so I eat less and tell myself if I am still hungry I can get more.
    My breakfast is the same everyday for a week to make it easier to log. My snacks have been greek yogurt or oatmeal, which I never thought I’d enjoy.
    No bread and sticking to 1200ish calories is working for me. It’s the bread! As soon as I reintroduced it, weight loss slowed to almost a stop. So far I am not crying from leaving it behind 🫣 slightly grouchy though. Everyone knows I’m off the bread 😂

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just a quick check in. Had a productive day, I helped my son clean his room - he’s 7 - and it was an all day job. It was also the first day I’ve stayed vertical for so many hours so I think that’s a great sign. Having some trouble resting tonight, hence the 1am post. 😛

I’m very happy with my eating today. I didn’t track calories but I just ate like a regular person with a healthy food relationship. You know, there have been a lot of days I wouldn’t want anyone to see what I eat out of embarrassment. Like I could easily eat 12 mini chocolate bars in a day around Halloween because I would have one or two every time I walked past the box, spread over 18 hours) But I would never dream of letting anyone see me eat like that. Today I could have live-streamed my full day and everything I put in my mouth and had nothing to be embarrassed about. So that’s a win! Haha.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 181.6
    Current weight - 183.8

Sorry I didn’t get this in officially on Monday.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 I hope you feel better soon. Great job with the food!

@shaunarlr83 That is so cool, thanks for sharing! Great job hitting your goals. Hugs!

@Jen_967 Congrats on the loss, Jen!

@laurelfit57 I am in the same boat. If today's weigh-in was my weekly weigh-in, I'd be in real trouble. Tobogganing with the grandkids sounds so much fun!

@Katmary71 That sounds delicious. My husband nixed our New Year's Day meal, he talked me into turkey burgers and fries lol. So, bad luck for us all year lol. I hope you are feeling better today. Thanks! I thought I would give a little more explanation for people. It's been raining off and on for days here, too. Supposed to rain more this week. I hate neighborhood fireworks! They do that here, too, and Daisy hates them, she barks at them. Your fire alarm situation sounds like a nightmare, I'm glad your brother lives close enough to come help. Great no-zero wins!

@AmbersWay Ugh I was doing so well with drinking enough water and then it slacked and I'm back to where I was before, not drinking water. I am determined to get back to it! Not touching the brownies after making and smelling them is indeed an achievement, bravo! Wow, great loss. I've always heard that food is 80% of weight loss and you are proving it right!

Hi all. I had a pretty good day yesterday, it was certainly a productive day! We cleaned and organized the house taking 6-8 bags of my clothes to the Goodwill for donation. I can actually utilize my closet now, before it was like an overgrown clothing forest where it was so dense, you couldn't go into the forest and get clothes. Now, it's all organized. And I cleaned the kitchen blinds, each one by hand. I am embarrassed to say that they hadn't been cleaned in the 3 years that we have lived here because I didn't know how to clean them. But I watched a YouTube video and got some degreaser spray and they were totally easy to clean!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I tracked my food and cleaned/organized the house for 5 hours. I only ate half of my gyro and ordered a side salad instead of fries with it.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    Meg, you did great! I know how those candy bars can get you. I had my moments when something I liked was around, I’d keep snacking. I think the group and accountability is helpful.

Troo, I don’t know why getting water in is such a challenge besides cold weather doesn’t make it as appealing. I see I am not alone on the cleaning. I’m doing my closets today and marie kondo would be proud. No joy no joy goodbye 😂

I’m so happy that my eating plan is working. It’s extremely encouraging to see the lbs go. I’m on a medication that first list rapid weight gain and it’s true! It flew on but here I am determined to get it under some type of control. Now to get more steps and water and I’ll be a happy camper.

@lrjogger1 congrats on the loss! I think I was matched with the perfect group, I find so many common points. I’m struggling not to type me too on every post. It’s nice to see.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 – The hot sauces my son got me were all from a Pepper Palace in Virginia. I’ve only been to the one in Chicago. Good for you for not letting them see you sweat with that Flatliners! That’s crazy you had to sign a waiver! I’m so jealous!
    @megnolia82 – Hugs, lady! I’m feeling the same way. And I’m an all-or-nothing person, too. We can work on it and we CAN do this!
    @AmbersWay – Anxiety is a you-know-what. Just know we are all in the same boat, rowing in the same direction. Nice job on your No Zero Days and staying off the bread!
    @trooworld – Nice job on only one dinner serving! Eating multiple servings is definitely something I’m working on stopping.
    @shaunarlr83 – Thanks for the graphic and I love how you’re going to color code it! Stealing your idea!
    @Katmary71 & @trooworld – Be glad you don’t live where I do…it’s not fireworks, but shotguns getting fired off!

Like @Cornanda I ended 2022 the same as I started. I have been trying to think long and hard about my 2023 goals, but I have been sidetracked by debilitating anxiety about having to fly to Virginia on Thursday. I have not flown in over 25 years. It’s not the airports or finding my way around. It’s the actual LEAVING THE GROUND that I have an unnatural terror of. I looked at my FitBit this morning. Shows I fell asleep around 3:30am and woke up around 7:30…but I had ZERO deep sleep. I don’t even remember actually getting any dream time, either. All I could think about was flying and trying to keep myself from crying. Ok. Enough about my phobia. Back to 2023 goals. I’m going to ruminate on them today and post them later this evening along with a new mantra for this year.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 193.0
    CW: 195.0
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 Great job on keeping up with your supplements! I love the No Zero Days too! You had a great last two days as well!

@AmbersWay Great job on not eating the brownies, that would be really hard! Sounds like you're doing great at avoiding food that is setting you back, glad it's helping!

@megnolia82 Sounds like a perfect day, way to go! I'd be embarrassed if people saw me at times too.

@micaroo4 Walking every day is still awesome, keep it up! That is a very long shift!

@trooworld Wow that's some serious decluttering, can you come here next?! Now you got me thinking about the last time I cleaned my blinds and I don't remember doing it in years, thanks a lot! I'll check out YouTube if I decide to rectify that!

@lrjogger1 All your goals sound like things you can do, I hope this is the year you get there AND master maintaining!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your flying phobia, huge hug to you! Twenty five years is a long time, were you nervous the last time or is your fear new? How long is the flight? I hope you master this and it goes well but I get struggling with sleeping because of it.

@happysquidmuffin Wow that is a big difference, way to go!Those are great results!

Hi Slimpossibles! I just got home from decorating banker boxes to go in stores to collect Valentine's for Seniors in our town, I have a few in the trunk to drop off the next few days. I'm super happy as I've been trying to get my neighbor to go to the charity stuff with me as I knew she'd like it and she cancelled all last year at the last minute because of anxiety (hasn't been out much between COVID and her husband dying) and she finally came and met me there as I was picking up another member, she had a great time and even cried at some of the cool things we do and signed up and is dropping off boxes too so I'm real happy for her. I know how hard that first step is when you haven't been around strangers in a long time. Aside of that worked out and bought supplies for tonight, totally on track with everything.

No Zero Days- did full workout, ate under calories. Didn't go for taco Tuesday and didn't touch the cookies for volunteers and they smelled amazing and were white chocolate chip macadamian which I love!
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I hope you have a beautiful, easy and safe flight.

@happysquidmuffin Congrats on that loss and the new position at work.

@Katmary71 I love your charity work and how sweet that your neighbor joined in. I’m sure it will be a huge benefit for her and the charity ❤️. Your post made my heart happy and a smile that almost hurts. I haven’t been out on the town doing any projects since my health issues, so hearing about yours makes me so happy. Keep up the amazing work! Also, way to go on your no zero days!!!!

@megnolia82 well done on another great day!
This discussion has been closed.