Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say yesterday was a very good day. I ate decent. I'm going back to tracking my food, but I entered half the day on the app and then it all disappeared, so I quit and will try again today. I bought myself a new aerobic step that's much larger and I used it yesterday, plus took two walks.

@trooworld - your clothing forest made me laugh.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - sending you a hug that the plane ride goes well for you.

That's all I've got time for. Thanks for the inspiration I'm getting from everyone's posts!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @lrjogger1 Congrats on the loss! Woot woot! Great goals for 2023. Excellent no-zero wins!

@AmbersWay That's a good point. But I guess we can drink hot water with lemon or hot tea, right? I did better yesterday, I drank 65 oz of water. Today, I'm going for 75 oz (that's 3 of my tumblers). How did you do? No, you are not alone lol! You sound like you are going to be ruthless and make some tough decisions, I had to do that and I'm so glad I did! I won't miss those pants that are too small that are probably out of style by the time I fit them lol. Good luck! I'm glad to hear your eating plan is working, that's awesome. I see you posted your organizing update, great job! You pushed through and got some results, way to go! I'm sorry about the botched surgery and all of that. I can see why you'd be traumatized by it. How exciting for your son to enter med school! Way to go, son!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! I'm so sorry about the extreme anxiety. I get afraid flying too. All sorts of things go through my mind. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Thursday. Is it that time already for the baby to be born or are you just visiting? I'm sorry for you not to sleep hardly at all and not well. HUGS.

@happysquidmuffin Way to go on your loss!

@Katmary71 LOL! I know, right? I don't know what got into us! Yes, that YouTube video changed my life lol, I can't find the one that recommended the product I used (Spray Nine Heavy-Duty Cleaner/Degreaser off Amazon WARNING! LINKS! https://a.co/cu1PAzn ) but this video also uses a degreaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8ab35saBEA&list=WL&index=3 . Our blinds weren't this gross but you get the point lol. How nice to collect Valentines for seniors! I love that. And that's great your neighbor finally went. Good job with your no-zero wins! :)

@Cornanda Way to make yesterday a very good day, I'm glad to hear that. LOL yeah, that clothing forest had wild animals in it that were dangerous, like that tiger-striped gold and black blazer I thought was a good idea to buy! That one was tagged and bagged lol.

Hi all. Yesterday was a pretty good day, much better than has been lately. I decided to go back to daily weighing, I think it will help me FOCUS.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I tracked my food and drank more water than the day before.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

@AmbersWay - I hope you had a great Anniversay, what a fun day to celebrate! I still feel so young myself 😂 hope this doesn’t change for a good long while! Your welcome for that chart and I’m glad people liked it, and bread is my arch enemy too! I love it! All kinds and it hates me so much! I noticed a few years ago it also gives me joint pain. But I still love it! If I don’t have bread then I want sweets so now you have me craving brownies, so awesome you walked away from them.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - A very very late and heartfelt “Thank you” for my card!!! I only received 2 cards this year and both were from my Jennifer friends 😂 I’m gonna send you something special one day!

@happysquidmuffin - I’m wanting to go see it so bad, was waiting until I could rewatch the first one and my brother just told me he has the DVD. I’m so glad you’re loving the gym! Amazing loss!!! You are doing so great and are absolutely right about doors opening!!! I’m happy for you!

@trooworld - love the new phrase!! Thank you for all you do for this group!

@Jen_967 - it’s lovely to meet you!!!

@megnolia82 - never gonna get sick of you and I hope all your sickness leaves and stays away! Great win with the food and I loved how you worded that!! I feel ya!

@DrewsAnna - I love how much thought you put into your goals! Hope hubby is getting better and y’all get a makeup dinner soon!

@Cornanda - this is our year!!!

@gemwolf110 - I’m finding work, of any kind can get in the way. I’m trying my best to prioritize myself before all other things in my day.

@laurelfit57 - I’ve been having too much fun with the food too! 😂 my gain a surprise for sure. What a fun and exhausting workout!!

@Katmary71 - sorry your evening was a busy! Is it normal to have so many heavy storms there!?

@bethanie0825 - my daughter has been work nights and it’s really messing up my gym time 😂😂😂 I was wanting and overnight shift but now I’m wondering if I would have much of a life.

@micaroo4 - you sound as super busy as me, I’m going going going but still feel I’m not making time for the things I want to do first!

@lrjogger1 - great goals! I too have been successful several times before but have never maintained!!! We got this!

And last but definitely not least @19shmoo69 - I think I speak for everyone when I say! You’re sense of humor is not that awkward, you’re actually pretty much like most people I know, we love when you chime in and your coffee, now spicy, talk! You make us laugh and I think we all need that!!! All meat sounds rough!!! I love my meats but I have to have add ins. Are you craving other things!?

Okay I’m all caught up…whew!!! Last night was first time in over a week that I got more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep! I have been going and doing and my schedule has been crammed but I feel great and I’m getting all sorts of things done.

Our schedules aren’t aligning right now so my daughter has been going to the gym without me, I’m so proud of her for finding her confidence! Hopefully I get to go with her today as I have a slow day of obligations but it will be her 3rd 13 hour overnight shift in a row so she may be pooped.

My son has now moved back in here with my mom and I, he’s never here so not much has changed other than I actually get to see him almost everyday! My brother was trying to spend more time with his girlfriend and needed his space more to himself, totally understandable.

Mom and I finally packed up Christmas decorations last night. Im trying to help her stay on top of cleaning here at home but I’ve also been thoroughly deep cleaning my aunts house. She has a horrible hip and can’t ever have a replacement so she’s pretty much confined to a wheel chair. I’m loving the time I get to spend with her, I’m grateful for the work and extra money, but I’m so over house cleaning 😂 It was kinda the only work I was allowed to do when I was married and I’m grateful for the connections it has given me to special people in my life but it’s just not something I want to do unless it’s my own house!

I haven’t had a zero day yet!!! 🥳🥳🥳 just haven’t had time to nite them. My goals are all the same as usual and I’m hitting them aside from logging my food because my mom has been making dinner before I get home and my aunt has been feeding me lunch. Luckily both are pretty health conscience so I’m not stressing over food options right now. I was so busy Monday night I didn’t eat anything until 10:30 and my aunt had an early lunch ready so I missed my IF window by about 2 hours….not horrible!

My new approach to keeping up here will be to first prioritize it, I like catching up in the evenings, so during the day I will make notes of all I do and hopefully that will keep my personal postings from becoming novels and I’ll stay more closely connected to y’all!!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – I have had an unnatural fear of heights for as long as I can remember. It was rough flying 25 years ago. And before that, I had only flown 2 other times. I much prefer road-tripping. I have 2 short flights to deal with – Indiana to North Carolina is 2 hours, then North Carolina to Virginia is about 90 minutes. That was so thoughtful of you to take your neighbor with you. I’m glad she finally agreed.
    @AmbersWay – I am so sorry about your botched surgery. Hopefully you have or are seeing a therapist for that trauma. Hugs. And super congrats on your son going into Med school!
    @Cornanda – Woot Woot on the decent eating yesterday! How tall is your new step?
    @trooworld – The baby isn’t due until April 20th. My son got new orders to be a recruiter in Indiana, so I am flying down to drive the U-Haul back up because his wife doesn’t have a driver’s license. It’s going to be a whirlwind trip. But at least when it’s all said and done, they will be 2 ½ hours from me instead of 12. And I am so proud of you for drinking more water!
    @micaroo4 – How extremely frustrating! Situations like that make me cuss. I hope they get it figured out for you!
    @shaunarlr83 – You are welcome :) I am out of breath just reading about all your activities! Whew! And it’s nice to read your aunt and mom are health conscious. I’m sure it helps a lot!

So I ended up dozing on and off on the couch last night and figured I should just take my butt to bed. Got about 9 hours of sleep! I really needed it. I have been listening to my Healthi podcasts and thinking about what goals I want to set for myself. My goals are starting off small, but I know myself and if I have grandiose goals, I will quit. One of the main things I want to get back into the habit of is making my bean-of-the-week and grain-of-the-week. I don’t like meal prepping actual meals, but having ingredients at the ready really helps me. This was a habit I was in when I initially lost 60 pounds. For instance, yesterday for dinner I had brown rice, pinto beans, potato “cheeze” sauce, tofu sour cream and guacamole salsa. My other goals are pretty basic, but they are crucial building blocks for me. So here they are in all their plain-jane glory:
    1. Cook a bean and grain for the week
    2. Weigh all food
    3. Log all food
    4. 30 minutes of daily activity
    5. Restaurants only twice per week
    6. Stop eating when pleasantly full

Oh – forgot to mention my No Zero Days successes:
    Sunday – Went to Hacienda for dinner and got the black beans, cilantro rice and salsa with guacamole. Only ate half (stopped when I was full) and took the rest home for Monday’s lunch. (I’m from the Clean Plate Generation, so I usually eat it all…even if it makes me want to urp.)
    Monday – Almost stopped at BK for an Impossible Whopper. BUT I DIDN’T! Ate the leftover Hacienda instead.
    Tuesday – Didn’t pick up pizza like I REALLY wanted. Instead, went home and ate the beans/rice/cheeze meal.
    As you can guess, picking up restaurant food is one thing that I have gotten into a really bad habit of. I’m not going to eliminate it altogether, but I am going to limit it to twice per week. We usually go out for dinner on Sundays after church, so I’m going to continue that. Don’t want to take it all away :)
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - so proud of you for eating healthy and avoiding too much take out!! Eating at restaurants also gets me in trouble because I overeat.

@shaunarlr83 - yes! We got this. 2023 is going to be the year to finally break the cycle!! That’s so cool that you and your daughter work out together. Hope the “stars align” for you two to get there together soon.

@micaroo4 - ugh! I despise dealing with cable problems. I hope they figure it out once and for all tomorrow. And I hope your able to get your morning workouts in the rest of the week.

@trooworld - daily weighing keeps me focused too! Thanks for the encouragement.

@Cornanda - curious, with your aerobic step do you follow along with a video or make up your own routines? I’ve been to a step class before and had a great workout/ calorie burn, just never thought of doing it at home.

@happysquidmuffin - nice loss this week. And body fat down to 23% too - those are amazing results. Congrats!! I used to be a gym rat in the early 2000’s but then I let myself go. Your mention of being a gym rat and working out like a boss is inspiring me to want to get back to that level of fitness. I remember how awesome I felt and the great group of friends I had at the gym.

@Katmary71 - nice job on your no zero days win. cookies are a weakness for me. Kudos to you for resisting and staying under your calories!!

@megnolia82 - great win in continuing with the squats, push ups and crunches! Way to go! Your story of your son is an inspiration to me - to keep going when things are tough.

My no-zero days wins:

Jan 3:
    -ate my vegetables
    -30 min @ home strength workout (body weight and some kettlebell)
    -drank 7 glasses of water
    -tracked my food and stayed under my calories

Jan 4:
    -ate my vegetables
    -drank 6 glasses water
    -journaled
    -tracked my food and stayed under calories
    -2.2 mile walk with my dog

Related to the vegetables I’ve never been much of a vegetable eater and haven’t made many vegetable dishes. This new goal is forcing me to try some new things but would love to hear about vegetable dishes that y’all like that are tasty but not too high in calories.
  • lrjogger1
    Options
    pjhgnk7rdnsk.jpeg

My walking buddy!! Prescott.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 You're doing awesome with the exercises, keep up the great work! I hope you had a wonderful night as well.

@AmbersWay Thank you so much! I hope you're able to get involved in projects soon, you never know what you may be able to do with adaptions. Awesome job on decluttering, it's amazing what a difference it makes in mental health to have your house organized. I had to Google myomectomy, I knew it sounded familiar. I'm so sorry for what you've been through and am always here if you'd like to talk. I was bedridden for over 20 years (still injured just trying harder not to be in bed) after being injured in a laparoscopy for endometriosis and was one of many patients injured so what you've said saddens me for you. I hope we didn't have the same doctor! I had to stop thinking about it to move on, too infuriating. Great way to look at the bright side with your son going to medical school!

@Cornanda Oh no, sounds like MFP with things disappearing right?! How did the new step go? Way to go, sounds like you're doing awesome! For what it's worth I mysterously ended up with 600 grams of chicken in my diary yesterday, I was way over calories and had a TON of protein for the day, I have no clue how it got there.

@trooworld Thanks for the video, my blinds are a little different but when I saw how dirty those are I was thinking I need to look in on the other side of the family room ones and see if they look like that to the neighbors, yikes! Wow the degreaser sounds awesome and has great reviews too, I haven't heard of it but added it to my wish list. Acing the no-zero wins!

@micaroo4 I hope they figure out your TV issue, it's such a pain when you KNOW it's not working and they have to come out but are making you jump through hoops. I hope you were able to get in your walk.

@shaunarlr83 I think you'll figure it all out, you're still getting settled there. Honestly it sounds to me like your family needed you there too, you sound like a great help to your aunt and mom.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I admire you doing the flights even with your fear, a lot of people wouldn't go at all. I like the grain and the bean of the week, they aren't locked into a meal and you can do whatever you want with them, very smart! If I preplan I bulk at eating it but I eat the same thing until it's gone, it's just feeling like I HAVE to eat it that I dislike. I may copy you with that one! Way to go on not finishing your plate, that's a tough one! I love your goals, you got this!

Hi gang! Had the pain clinic this morning, not much to report about that but I only gained about 4lbs the last month so it wasn't as bad as I thought and my BP med that is wiping me out is actually helping. I kind of hoped it wouldn't so I could go off it, it's making me super drowsy. Did half my workout before it and the rest after and am doing yoga in a few minutes. We have a “bomb cyclone” moving through so it sounds pretty crazy outside, hope we don't lose electricity again. I loaded up my kitchen table with my succulents but some are too big to bring in. Hopefully my cats won't attack the plants, I loaded them in front of the chairs so they couldn't get on the table. Have a great evening and Thursday everyone!

No Zeros- did complete workout before and after the doctor's and ate under calories and all healthy food.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda good job on eating well.

@trooworld well done on getting more water in. I’m doing better but lazy about logging it. Still not where I want to be. One day at a time.

@micaroo4 I hope your cable gets settled, I know that’s frustrating. It seems like rain has kept many from getting out doors. I can do cold but not soggy cold.

@shaunarlr83 bread stops my weight loss…it’s wicked! Even if my calories are low, it will just stop.
    Housework is for the birds (whatever that means) I’m over it and it’s mine. 😂 But I like things tidy so here I am shampooing the dining chairs. 😝 you’re quite busy l, I’m wore out from your schedule. Hehehe. It’s great that you’re helping family and enjoying the quality time.

@vegan4lyfe2012 you have made some great goals. That bit of meal prep should really help. I need to do that soon. Thanks for the reminder.
    A goal for this year is to find someone who has experience in my situation. I need coping skills to get past what has happened and what I am still dealing with.

@lrjogger1 I love your walking buddy!!!!! I have 3 amazing rescue girls. Furry friends are the best.

My latest is using zuchinni instead of pasta or rice. I will slice them on the diagonal, season with whatever goes with my protein and give them some color in a bit of olive oil. Low calorie and filling. I also love to do a smoked green bean: onions, sliced garlic, salt and pepper, a couple drops of liquid smoke and a bit of stock. Red chili flakes if you like a little zing.

@Katmary71 I’m sad that you had your own experience with what I will call malpractice. Being bedridden was the worst! Not walking on my own was rough and a nephrostomy (multiple but now gone) was by far the most unpleasant experience. Congrats to us for moving on 🎉🥰

Well done on your no zeros! I hope your bp meds will not be something permanent, but you still got a workout in and thats great 👍🏻.

@happysquidmuffin you rock! Cycling classes are a good workout. Bravo!!! Seriously I’m cheering for you.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    @lrjogger1 - I love your walking buddy!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 That situation with the cable company sounds very frustrating! I hope they get it worked out soon.

@shaunarlr83 Thank you! You are most welcome! <3 I agree with you about @19shmoo69 he is a jewel! That's great that your daughter is continuing to go to the gym without you. How nice to be able to see your son nearly every day! It feels good to pack away the Christmas decorations, doesn't it? We did it on New Year's Day and it took about an hour to do, it was a lot of work. That's so nice of you to clean your aunt's house. I get it though, cleaning is a lot of work! Good to hear from you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ah I see. Well, that's good that they will be closer! Thank you so much! 9 hours of sleep sounds wonderful, you must have needed it. I think it's a great idea to do a bean-of-the-week/grain-of-the-week, that way you are halfway done with making the meal! I did something similar this week and it's really helping. Great goals! Excellent job with stopping when full, and your other no-zero day wins are impressive too! Way to resist that pizza (super hard to do!).

@lrjogger1 You are welcome! <3 OMG! Prescott is ADORABLE!!! I love me some pets. Thanks for sharing, he looks like a great walking buddy! Great wins, by the way! Do you have an air fryer? I love to spritz broccoli/other veggies with cooking spray and put some salt and pepper on them and shove them in the air fryer. Yum! I've got 7,513 recipes saved so I'm always good to give out recipes lol. Here are some of my faves:
    Sauteed Kale - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/sauteed-kale-recipe-1960155
    Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers - https://healthyrecipesblogs.com/roasted-mini-peppers/
    Italian Roasted Mushrooms and Veggies - http://www.jocooks.com/side-dishes/italian-roasted-mushrooms-and-veggies/
    Fennel Gratin - http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/fennel_gratin/
    Cheesy Roasted Broccoli & Garlic - https://www.ethanchlebowski.com/cooking-techniques-recipes/cheesy-amp-garlicky-roasted-broccoli
    Cauliflower Mash - http://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbook/2018/12/23/cauliflower-mash
    Air Fryer Roasted Ranch Potatoes - https://recipeteacher.com/air-fryer-roasted-ranch-potatoes/
    Air Fryer Honey Maple Roasted Carrots - https://recipeteacher.com/air-fryer-honey-maple-roasted-carrots/

@Katmary71 I know, right? It's really easy to forget about the blinds and before you know it, they look like that lol. Thank you! That's great you didn't gain as much as you thought. That's too bad about your BP medicine making you drowsy, did you ask what could be done? "Bomb cyclone" sounds super scary, stay safe! Great wins!

@AmbersWay Thank you! That's great that you are doing better at water. Yes, one day at a time!

Hi all. Happy Thursday, just one more day until the weekend! I did really well yesterday. I'm glad nobody has brought in treats lately at work. It makes it easier!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I tracked my food and drank more water than the day before (80 oz yesterday vs 65 the day before).

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I did sleep like a log, but my dreams were really annoying. It was a setting I’ve been to before, with really annoying steep roads, and this time I was running up and down them without a car! And I was being chased by some people, and they just wouldn’t stop and leave me be. I hate it when it seems you can’t win because the chasers just always know where you will be, no matter what. If it’s a scary chase, it’s bad enough, but it’s worse when it’s just annoying! And before that scene, I was working in a restaurant again. Ugh I hate tedious and boring dreams. I’d rather have scary, exciting ones. I dream every night and remember them most nights. Haha sorry to bother you all with it; I hear it’s really boring to hear about other people’s dreams. 😆
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Well I had the cable guy in this morning. He had it working, but then right after he left, it quit. Fortunately he was still parked in the driveway, so I ran outside and got him to come back in. He made a couple of calls, but finally got it working. He waited about 10 minutes to make sure it kept on working. So far so good. I don't think I will have to pay for the service call, because it looks like something to do with their pieces of equipment not talking to each other properly.
  • lrjogger1
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @trooworld and @AmbersWay thanks for those recipes. I will check them out!! And yes. I do have an air fryer. Never thought of making vegetables in it, but sounds wonderful and easy!!
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - great job on those no zero day wins! I resisted stopping somewhere yesterday too and came home to make dinner and ate pretty low carb!

@lrjogger1 - when it comes to most veggies and fruit I prefer fresh to canned. I usually eat them standing alone but sometimes do something grand. One of my favorite is what I call broccoli salad but its actually equal parts broccoli and cauliflower, you mix a dressing of mayonnaise and a bit of vinegar that is sweetened, you can use artificial sweeteners and it’s just as good, then mix it all together with some bacon crumbles and shredded cheese. It’s so good anyone who has ever tried it raves about it and can’t stop at one portion! I can send actual recipe if your a broccoli cauliflower fan. That’s a gorgeous walking buddy!

@Katmary71 - I’m happy the pain are bringing the pressure down but that sucks that they bring your energy down too.

@happysquidmuffin - I’ve done a spin class too! A. As in singular! 😂😂😂 It was probably the toughest workout I ever did! I was invited by a friend when I visited her city. I had a pretty bad dream the night before last, actually woke up praying I would forget it and I didn’t quite but it also didn’t stick with me like some bad dreams do. I don’t dream or remember as much as I did when I was younger.

@trooworld - I’m happy it’s been an easy week for resistance for you. My sweet cravings are kicking in.

📝 Notes from yesterday!!!

Started new morning routine, read a few pages, prayed, did my daily challenge workout!

Cleaned the kitchen. Cleaned and filled bird feeders.

Caught up with my fav fit friends!

Dental cleaning appointment @ 2

Returned some items for my mom. Shopped a bit.

Stopped at the park up town on the way home. Walked a mile. Daughter talked me into a gym day. 5 min warmup on the rower. 25 minute lifting session.

Mom got a call two of my nieces will be coming to live with her. She’s elated. I’m torn. I feel like me and my son will be in the way and honestly I thought I was done raising kids. I feel bad for having such mixed emotions but I knew after they were here just two days for Christmas break that I couldn’t handle being around them all of the time. Gonna have to pray on this situation and what my next step should be.

Mom and I finished watching Maid. I’ve seen it before but asked her to rewatch it with me. It was the show that confirmed I was indeed in an abusive marriage and prepared me for what the road to freedom would look like.

Had a great day other than I snacked late into the night, all healthy but still I’m trying to do intermittent fasting so today I won’t get to eat until late afternoon.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@Shauna wow, what a lot of big changes. I think you’re right to take your time, follow your heart and make your decisions on what’s the best next step for you. Hugs to you! You’re incredibly strong and wise.

this morning it’s finally stopped raining after about a week of drizzle and mud, so that makes it much easier to have a positive outlook. Time to do some laundry and vacuuming. Maybe take down the Christmas tree. We bought a new couch a few weeks ago that arrived yesterday, so it’s a good reason to take down decorations and do a really good cleanup before moving in the couch.

Ready for another day of good eating and just the tiniest bit of activity.

Have a good one!
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    Realizing I forgot my intro for the month for the newcomers…

Hi guys!! I’m Shauna from Oklahoma and enjoying my last year in my 30’s. I have two kids, my daughter McKenzie just turned 21 and my son Dalton who is 18!! We have all just moved back to my hometown. My daughter has her own apartment 3 miles away and my son and I are staying with my mom.

I consider myself an avid hiker. Life has been crazy and transitioning into life with two adult children changed me in so many ways. I am a great goal setter though and even though it has taken me a few months to really get back to hitting my many goals I am gradually progressing and making many positive changes and seeing those positive results!

I’ve been here since August and you guys have helped me more than y’all will ever know.

🔴August I got back into the habit of logging in and checking in regularly. I had been playing around with intermittent fasting and learned what worked best for me. I got back to my goal of drinking 14 cups of water daily.
    🟠September I recommitted to doing actual workouts again and not just walking. I set out to close all of my watch rings everyday the entire month!
    🟡October I committed myself to doing an 8 week workout program and I was on track and halfway done. Also hit 10,000 steps everyday of the month.
    🟢November started off so well and I made it halfway through sticking to all goals. Going through a divorce meant my focus shifted from things I wanted to be doing for myself, to things I needed to do for myself. All goals slipped a bit but I was staying super busy everyday so weight mainly maintained.
    🔵December I was off to a slow start on hitting goals and just stayed super busy all month. My weight maintained ending with a slight gain. I know I lost inches from going to the gym because of the way my clothes fit! I might get brave enough to post progress pics soon!

Food choices are difficult right now because I either have…someone buying me food, cooking for me, or I have to cook with someone else’s groceries. I can however control the amount of food I eat so that’s what I’m doing right now!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 139.4
    CW: 139.4

Same as last week still under 140. Our neighbor gave us a gift basket from Harry and David, my husband gave me the wedding cookies to eat yesterday, then he gave the rest away. They were divine with my Vanilla Chai and Caramel tea. To small cookies 160 calories. I have not been able to do any yardwork, it's wet, muddy and raining.
    I finished my Christmas contest room.
    My goals for 2023 are: Maintain under 140 and declutter our home.
    I'm averaging 3600 steps a day now, feeling pretty good about that.

So sorry I wrote this on Tuesday, and I still see it here is draft form.
This discussion has been closed.